Windtalkers

C

caLLous

You shouldn't have done, you're only like, 12, aren't you?

And yeah it was good, although nothing hugely special.

O

Ono

Windtalkers was one of the most disappointing films of 2002.

I love John Woo and Nick Cage and Christian Slater are 2 of my fave actors. I really wanted to like this film but tbh it reeked. It sucked big time. It was shit.

One of the (few) films on DVD I sold off within days of watching it.

If you want gripping wartime viewing then buy Band of Brothers on DVD. Superb.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Ono

I love John Woo and Nick Cage and Christian Slater are 2 of my fave actors. I really wanted to like this film but tbh it reeked. It sucked big time. It was shit.

Wot he said

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by caLLous
You shouldn't have done, you're only like, 12, aren't you?

And yeah it was good, although nothing hugely special.

14:rolleyes:

S

Scooba Da Bass

It's a shame Woo has turned into the worst director EVAH since going to Hollywood (saying that I enjoyed Face/off and MI2 for purely visceral reasons)

O

Ono

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
It's a shame Woo has turned into the worst director EVAH since going to Hollywood (saying that I enjoyed Face/off and MI2 for purely visceral reasons)

Face Off is one of my fave action films ever.

Still, at least he can live off his past glories. The Killer, Bullet in the Head and A Better Tomorrow are classics.

L

leggy

Face off was good

MI2 was the most uncalled for film ever.

L

Lester

I turned Windtalkers off halfway thru. Something I never do. It was Saturday night and we had friends round so I probably would have finished it had I been on my own. But I was kinda embarrassed y'know?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Ono

I finally bought it yesterday, although I did find We Were Soldiers very good :)

L

leggy

Originally posted by Embattle

I finally bought it yesterday, although I did find We Were Soldiers very good :)

Oh dear god.

I bet you bought Black Knight and Not another teen movie to go with them.

:)

G

granny

Face/off was absolute wank, a potentially interesting film completely ruined by having the last half of it turn into one long car/boat/whatthefuckever chase that went from ludicrous to utterly stupid.
MI2... ROFL what a pile of unadulterated steaming shite doused in month-old urine.

John Woo = Utter Utter Shite on the basis of those 2 films. He should be ashamed of himself.

L

Lester

iirc the boat chase scene was cobbled together from old footage?

O

Ono

Originally posted by Embattle
although I did find We Were Soldiers very good :)

WWS was better than WT but still a poor film. Another one I sold very quickly.

S

stu

Originally posted by granny
Face/off was absolute wank, a potentially interesting film completely ruined by having the last half of it turn into one long car/boat/whatthefuckever chase that went from ludicrous to utterly stupid.
MI2... ROFL what a pile of unadulterated steaming shite doused in month-old urine.

John Woo = Utter Utter Shite on the basis of those 2 films. He should be ashamed of himself.

Totally agree. And that's without mentioning Hard Target and Broken Arrow... it's always mystified me how John Woo has a reputation of being an amazing director when he only ever turns out shit. And yes I've seen some of his older work. Hard Boiled was turd as well.

H

Hotteh

Windtalkers really is pisspoor. Nick cage can barely hear anything, perforated eardrums rarely allow the opportunity for you to walk straight in a line let alone run, aim, and fire your shitty WW2 Colt pistol at a bunch of screaming Japs, killing them all in one shot.

That phosphor grenade in We Were Soldiers was great btw :clap:

L

Lester

Yes but WWS was crap as well.

I sometimes think the yanks are actually trying to get you to stand up, stick your chin out and salute the lead character at the end of the film these days.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! and all who sail in her! :eek:

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Lester
I sometimes think the yanks are actually trying to get you to stand up, stick your chin out and salute the lead character at the end of the film these days.

And whats wrong with that? :rolleyes:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Ono

a

m

e

n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom