windows xp pro install

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
hi all just woundering if nay one has had this problem
i have just done a fresh install of windows xp pro (with sp2) real version not copy

installed and hit the reg with MS did all that and then i got a windows log on and thats where i hit the problem
logon message
the specifed domian either does not exist or could not be contacted

its not set up as a client afaik but cant seem to work out what the problem is gunna try a full re-install with out net-work cables connect see if i can work out if that was the problem but any other hints/tips would be kewl

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
thergador said:
hi all just woundering if nay one has had this problem
i have just done a fresh install of windows xp pro (with sp2) real version not copy

installed and hit the reg with MS did all that and then i got a windows log on and thats where i hit the problem
logon message
the specifed domian either does not exist or could not be contacted

its not set up as a client afaik but cant seem to work out what the problem is gunna try a full re-install with out net-work cables connect see if i can work out if that was the problem but any other hints/tips would be kewl

As part of installing xp you specify whether it belongs to a network domain (access will be managed through a domain controller) or a local domain. As part of either option you should also be able to set up a local admin password. Use that for logging in to start with.

or even better, refund xp pro and get media centre or xp home.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
As part of installing xp you specify whether it belongs to a network domain (access will be managed through a domain controller) or a local domain. As part of either option you should also be able to set up a local admin password. Use that for logging in to start with.

or even better, refund xp pro and get media centre or xp home.

dont need home dont need media centre {have that running on a mini box witch controls the lcd panles etc in the house and the other MCE devices around the home}

xp pro supports some other stuff i need to do ie multi processors, sata ram drive , better support for managing my network which runs novel networks, pros has better access control and i have never seen windows xp home 64bit either

and i couldnt take it back as it's about 18 months old (fresh install ie new HD), sorted the problem now any way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom