Windows Vista x64 beta and daoc...

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
anyone tried the vista beta and gotten daoc to work on it ? i just get render creation failed all the time... it has dx10 so that shouldnt be a problem, and i took the beta drivers for vista from nvidia.com...

is there anyway to get around this to get daoc to work ? or do i need to reinstall xp again maybe ? i would like to try out the vista beta for awhile and see how it is, seems nice all appart from i cant get daoc to work >_<

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
anyone tried the vista beta and gotten daoc to work on it ? i just get render creation failed all the time... it has dx10 so that shouldnt be a problem, and i took the beta drivers for vista from nvidia.com...

is there anyway to get around this to get daoc to work ? or do i need to reinstall xp again maybe ? i would like to try out the vista beta for awhile and see how it is, seems nice all appart from i cant get daoc to work >_<

I tried to install it to my PC. (2.2 ghz Athlon. 1 gig ram etc etc. 1 year old) stopped at install screen. not a fat chance in hell it would install. so i though, ah screw it. XP works. screw Vista, at least untill its final. i expect BETA 1 to have so manny holes and odd misstakes that i cba to run it :p

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Basic_X said:
I tried to install it to my PC. (2.2 ghz Athlon. 1 gig ram etc etc. 1 year old) stopped at install screen. not a fat chance in hell it would install. so i though, ah screw it. XP works. screw Vista, at least untill its final. i expect BETA 1 to have so manny holes and odd misstakes that i cba to run it :p

well its installed now and everything works fine expect daoc... comp is kinda new and high end so wasnt a problem to get it to work, and the latest beta is actually fairly bugfree... if i only could find out how to get daoc to work it would be ace =P visually vista is so damn nice tbh =D

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
tried it in xp compat mode?

yea tried in all diffrent compatbility modes w/o luck :(

was kinda pondering if i can downgrade from dx10 to 9c instead... gonna try that tommorow

Chronictank

FH is my second home
It's only a year's trial i suggest you wait till the full release to be quite honest when all drivers etc are sorted,
try runnning it in compatibility mode

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
It's only a year's trial i suggest you wait till the full release to be quite honest when all drivers etc are sorted,
try runnning it in compatibility mode

yea true, well guess i have to go back to xp again... as already stated ive tried running in compatibility modes... last resort i guess is to try and find other drivers (migth be hard, but its a public beta, someone should have made..) or try to downgrade to dx9c instead of dx10

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Roteca said:
yea tried in all diffrent compatbility modes w/o luck :(

was kinda pondering if i can downgrade from dx10 to 9c instead... gonna try that tommorow

I wouldn't do that... some of vistas graphical UIs could depend on dx10

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
DocWolfe said:
I wouldn't do that... some of vistas graphical UIs could depend on dx10

apperently they dont, thougth that aswell... but cant find a unistaller that works for vista thou >.< damn me that wanted to try it out hehe

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I wish my PC could handle it :<

its realy realy nice looking tbh, would be even more ace if i could get some games to work haha... but i think i keep it awhile and skip gaming =P

anyone wanna buy daoc account ? ;P nah kidding, would never sell hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom