windows vista startup repair stuck

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Does any know how to get windows vista startup repair to stop looping around and around forever everytime you restart?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Tried 'last known good configuration'? Had a similar problem and it worked for me.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I don't remember getting to see that option. It was friend's laptop anyway, I told them they need to use the Vista disk as they didn't bring it with them when they wanted me to try and fix it.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
It'll be on the screen when you see the option to use the various safe modes, it's the bottom one AFAIK.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I couldn't get to the screen with the various safe modes.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, it's well and true fecked, you'll probably need to repair it from the recovery console, or do a repair re-install.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
It's out of my hands now anyway, I just get asked to look at friend's computers sometimes because I make websites, so they assume I know how to fix all their hardware and Windows problems too - which I usually can so I'm always digging myself into a deeper hole. :)

I'm afraid to get Vista myself, it seems awful. I read somewhere that Windows are bringing out Windows 7 a year earlier than planned and that some people are thinking they might sort of brush Vista aside a bit like Windows ME, could be all just idle rumours though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom