Windows Films & TV

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, normally I'd not give a shit (use VLC or MPC-HC) - but Dolby Vision is available through extensions on Windows Film & TV app. It's been working fine and all my Atmos/Vision content has been working fine - TV tells me that it's switched to that source etc.

HOWEVER. Films & TV has disappeared off the right-click > "open with" menu - and it can't be re-instated. :eek:

Annoyingly - you can't open the Film & TV app and open files from your hard drive either. It doesn't seem to offer that option.

VLC & MPC-HC don't offer dolby vision support either. It's a bit like they've just withdrawn this due to some licencing bullshit.

Any ideas? (I used to be an MSCE too *cry*)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Default programme?

Syri

FH is my second home
I'm sure I read somewhere, though I can't find it at the moment, that the Films & TV app was being retired and rolled into the new Windows Media Player, along with the failed groove music app, to just have one app for media playback again. It doesn't look like the new media player gets installed automatically though, so you might need to go into the windows store to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom