Windows 98 problem or Motherboard?

• Thread starter old.pala hellraiser
  • Start date
O

old.pala hellraiser

Hi I have a problem that is confusing me and many helpline proffessionals if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. My motherboard is a AK75-EC running on a 2GHz AMD Athlon, 386 mb ram and windows 98. I had a Radeon 7000 card but found that it wasnt performing as well as I would like so I purchased a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 for my computer today. I did the usual uninstall of Radeon drivers and set it to the standard display driver and then I shutdown and inserted the Geforce 4 which it detected and then installed the drivers, so far so good. Then I get the "your machine needs to be restarted to complete installation" so I click ok and it restarts. then as windows is loading up I get to a black screen with a underscore flashing in the top left hand corner. Nothing responds and so I have to reset and then I have to enter safe mode to uninstall the drivers so I can get into windows. I have tried the newest drivers from nvidia website I also went out and bought a new PSU to see if that would help but unfortunately not. I previously had a Geforce 2 mx on this motherboard and had the exact same problem but I just thought it was because the card was damaged. I have rung the helpline and I have tried various things and they now have no idea what it could be so I am lost on what to do. The only thing they can think of is that my motherboard might not like Geforce cards but I doubt it. Can any of you think of a reason why it might be doing this or can you shed some light on the matter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

I have downloaded and installed newest viaarena 4in1 drivers but no change

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom