Question Windows 7

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I know that the ideal way is a clean install but i was just wondering if there is an option to upgrade from vista to win7 without wiping the drive beneath .. like there was from win 95 to xp and such

I not downloaded any RC or test versions of it but i should be getting my copies today

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think there is in the EU version of Windows 7. There's no 'in-place' upgrade route like previously. I think this might explain it a bit.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Right originally you couldn't because in the run up to Windows 7 and under Eu pressure they stripped out IE from the EU versions which produced a Windows 7 E version. Now this also meant that there would be no upgrade version since upgrading would of left IE on the computer, however MS decided to change this and an option window is now used to select the browser with the official line being:

NOTICE: Regarding Windows 7 “E” Versions

We are intent on providing people with the best possible experience using their PCs with Windows. Building on that important principle, we will ship the same version of Windows 7 in Europe as in rest of the world on the worldwide launch date of 22 October, 2009. This version of Windows 7 includes Windows Internet Explorer 8 to help people get the most from their PCs and the Internet. We will not ship E editions of Windows 7, which would not have included Internet Explorer. Customers who pre-order Windows 7 will receive versions of the product that include Internet Explorer. Customers participating in the Windows Upgrade Option available with select new PCs running Windows Vista will also receive versions of Windows 7 that include Internet Explorer. Customers in Europe will also be able to choose between upgrade and full versions of Windows 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom