Windowdragging again

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Why can't the fekkers STOP doing it??? How fun is it to cheat in a game really? U know who u are and it's so lame. "Not in view, Not in view..."
And NO it's not strafing. Not when a fg hits on the same target (after taken down the other 7) and no one can hit. Shame on u

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Kriv0 said:
Why can't the fekkers STOP doing it??? How fun is it to cheat in a game really? U know who u are and it's so lame. "Not in view, Not in view..."
And NO it's not strafing. Not when a fg hits on the same target (after taken down the other 7) and no one can hit. Shame on u
Sorry Peting, but errr... window-dragging doesn't do anything in this patch.

And in the last patch 'target not in view' was not the effect of window dragging either.

So errr... try again ;)

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Kriv0 said:
That's it. Just let it out of your system. Good boy.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Well, ppl say it got fixed this patch.
Though one leet bard jumped out of my range today, but it wasnt far so it was most probably just lag.
But other ppl say that there is another way to do similar things, so we may see certain people conveniently lagging again.

And tbh strafing is lame too. If u are going to win/die, why do u have to do it like a pussy?

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, now it's no longer an issue... here....

Window-dragging pre-1.65:
start moving
drag window
server thinks you are still moving (in a straight line), so everyone still sees you moving
people can still quite happily beat you up because the server and their clients all see you as moving
let go of the window and you snap back to the original spot, and the people that were hitting you are now a good distance away.
you might get away due to the distance you gained.

Window-dragging in post-1.65:
start moving
drag window
server is told you came to a halt at the time you grabbed the window
people can still quite happily beat you up because the server and their clients all see you as stationary
let go of the window and you are in exactly the same place still. client, server and all other clients see you as in the same place.
you probably die.

So please all stop moaning about 'window dragging' when what you see is due to every-day server-client latencies, etc.
Strafing and walking-through people will give a 'target not in view' message (or several dozen of them) - not 'window-dragging'.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
Well, now it's no longer an issue... here....

Window-dragging pre-1.65:
start moving
drag window
server thinks you are still moving (in a straight line), so everyone still sees you moving
people can still quite happily beat you up because the server and their clients all see you as moving
let go of the window and you snap back to the original spot, and the people that were hitting you are now a good distance away.
you might get away due to the distance you gained.

Window-dragging in post-1.65:
start moving
drag window
server is told you came to a halt at the time you grabbed the window
people can still quite happily beat you up because the server and their clients all see you as stationary
let go of the window and you are in exactly the same place still. client, server and all other clients see you as in the same place.
you probably die.

So please all stop moaning about 'window dragging' when what you see is due to every-day server-client latencies, etc.
Strafing and walking-through people will give a 'target not in view' message (or several dozen of them) - not 'window-dragging'.

What Pin said

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
So it's time to go back to radar threads then.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Jaapi said:
So it's time to go back to radar threads then.
I'd prefer "I pwned j00" threads, rather than the all-too-common "j00 pwnd me by haxx0rz!" threads all over the place nowadays.

But really, give more "I had fun" threads.

(I have fun every day playing this game. I don't get worked-up much when I die. I don't often feel the need to vent frustration by hurling abuse, or accusations at other people. Probably makes me too old, or not l33t enough. But tbh, I don't give a shit. I have fun every day playing this game.)

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
(I have fun every day playing this game. I don't get worked-up much when I die. I don't often feel the need to vent frustration by hurling abuse, or accusations at other people. Probably makes me too old, or not l33t enough. But tbh, I don't give a shit. I have fun every day playing this game.)
Amen. Death is only temporary in this game.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get it why some ppl are so afraid of dying so they resort to use cheats.

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
<sniff> I don't know if I wanna believe that it's fixed. Maybe I just had bad luck and the rest of the group had it also and maybe the ones I'm talking about had bad lag or summat. Might be a new trick... Anyway
Seems I got pwned by the rest of u here :eek6:

/Looks for summat else to whine about

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Some ppl should mebbe chill and c if it happens again instead of running here whining like a bitch after u get 1 out of view msg.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Alme said:
Some ppl should mebbe chill and c if it happens again instead of running here whining like a bitch after u get 1 out of view msg.

What's this 'rational' thing everyone seems to be all caught up in? I miss BW :(

nol

Fledgling Freddie
I lag warped right through middeh zerh at hmg the other day and mezzed all 6fg from behind :D was funny ...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Pin said:
But really, give more "I had fun" threads.

A whisper of sanity in a world ruled by lunatics

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
FYI i still get out of view when using /face

explain that then :twak:

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Alme said:

And who said it was 1 out of view?? U really think I would post here if it was a one time happening? Think again

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Ckiller said:

Hmm, weren't you the one making fun of people who complained about strafing before (in Freppe's NS thread)? Cry more, tbh.

(And yes, it is very easy to test the fix to window dragging yourself, just put yourself on autorun in windowed mode, drag the window, and note that when you go back to the game window, your char will start running from zero speed.)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can I whine about being nibbled to death by a green pet whilst umpteen albs stand around me looking stupid? :)

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
can I whine about being nibbled to death by a green pet whilst umpteen albs stand around me looking stupid? :)

Yes u can but only if u say summat about the windowdragging thing and that it's no fun etc :D

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Run backwards then so the strafer stays more in front of yah....

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ckiller said:

Your client decides where you /face or /stick, the server decides if you could hit they guy (in front of you, in range).

There will always be a small difference in where your client and the server thinks the other guy is, so you might think he's in front of you, when really he isn't. That's why you get 'target out of view'.

The bigger the latency you have, the more likely that is to happen. I know some scandinavian countries have been having problems recently, so you might be getting increased lag, and increased problems caused by it. They aren't cheating, it's just your connection sucks.

Yes, 'out of view' is reduced by using /face instead of stick, due to your char not being dragged around on the image of the other guy, but by doing this you are more likely to get 'out of range' instead :m00:

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
And then Pin shows up and ruin a perfectly good whine tread...

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
And tbh strafing is lame too. If u are going to win/die, why do u have to do it like a pussy?

mhhh maybe because it helps to avoid dmg? Why should some1 stand still when assist train is hitting him when he can also strafe to stay alive alot longer? strafing is part of the game else it wouldn´t be possible to bind a key for it in options

for example would you forbid some1 in CS/Q3 to jump around so you can easier shoot him?

strafing doesn´t help you at all if your enemys know how to counter it =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom