Winamp radio

mank!

Part of the furniture
Anyone else been using it much? I discovered SomaFM's Indie Pop Rocks! stream last night, it's fucking great. I've not checked out any other stations yet really, so recommendations would be nice :)

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
Anyone else been using it much? I discovered SomaFM's Indie Pop Rocks! stream last night, it's fucking great. I've not checked out any other stations yet really, so recommendations would be nice :)

Probably not exactly your cup of tea if you like indie, but I've found Limbik Frequencies to be pretty good. They play lots of nice down-tempo, ambient and 'intelligent' techno (Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Black Dog e.t.c.).

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
SomaFM's stations are generally really good. I normally listen to philosomatika though, which is a really good goa/psytrance station. I have a weakness for goa :).

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
ReActor said:
SomaFM's stations are generally really good. I normally listen to philosomatika though, which is a really good goa/psytrance station. I have a weakness for goa :).

I sometimes listen to them too. I like Philosomatika in small doses (As with all Goa really). Nice that they 'transmit' at 160kps.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Gurnox said:
I sometimes listen to them too. I like Philosomatika in small doses (As with all Goa really). Nice that they 'transmit' at 160kps.
Aye, the quality is very good for streaming radio.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Indie Pop Rocks is awesome for obscure lo fi american bands, like Giant Sand, Tortoise, and OP8, basically everythung Howe Gelb related. Ocaisionally something by STephin Merritt. Sweet Ass.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
How do you get winamp radio to work? I've tried the majority of streams and got nothing but a pop up box that lasts about 3 sec onds and says 'retrieving playlist' then nothing :mad:

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Bullitt said:
How do you get winamp radio to work? I've tried the majority of streams and got nothing but a pop up box that lasts about 3 sec onds and says 'retrieving playlist' then nothing :mad:

Give Shoutcast a go:

www.shoutcast.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom