WIN7/Nvidia custom dual screen resolution

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just upgraded my media/downloads PC to Win7 and encountered a problem.

Basically the PC plugs into my 32" Samsung TV but it also connects to an old 17" LCD on the other side of the room by my desk. When I used Winxp I was able to clone the display so it was 1360x768 on the TV and 1280x1024 on the monitor. On the monitor this resulted in having to "scroll" the screen left/right but that was fine.

Under Win7 if I clone the display it limits it to what the monitor supports, ie 1280 wide and wont let me change the TV to 1360. I can get the right resolutions using the 'Extend my desktop..." option but I'd rather have it like I did under XP as it saves having to faff about with windows opening on the wrong screen etc.

Any ideas how I could do this?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Have you Installed the full Nvidia suite or just the driver as i would think the Nvidia software would be your best place to look for this kind of option.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Failing that use Ultramon, as nVidia have yet to realise that a world exists outside of gaming (quickly, mind) on a single screen.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just use Ultramon. Win7 drivers don't even let me disable a monitor on the fly.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just use Ultramon. Win7 drivers don't even let me disable a monitor on the fly.

Have you tried using the "Connect to a projector" option in Win7 (nothing to do with NVidia). I've found it really handy when wanting to output to my TV/dual screen/clone/whatever.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nope, didn't know it existed.
*looks*
(Ta)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Stop downloading so much crap to watch rulke and play some games instead!
:lol: :twak:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I'll try ultramon, thanks chaps

Stop downloading so much crap to watch rulke and play some games instead!
:lol: :twak:

I just quit daoc after finally hitting RR11 :p

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
This is driving me nuts!

I've been faffing around with Ultramon but it simply won't let me set seperate resolutions for each screen. Under Xp I could set both to 1360x768 and on the monitor it would be 1280x768 and scroll left and right a bit to fit the rest in.

The best I can manage at the moment is to clone both displays at 1280x768 which just distorts the display on both screens as well as cutting off some of the screen on the TV >.<

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It should do, I've never had a problem with that. How are you doing it?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I've given up trying to get clone screens working how I want, I've settled for extending the desktop - duplicating icons on both screens and setting hotkeys for "move window to next screen"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom