Will you level in RvR lakes in 1.06?

Nate

FH is my second home
Are the changes in the patch enough? Are you bored of the PvE/Scenarios?

Given that there are bound to be a lot of people playing the new careers, now is a great time to re-roll if you'd like to play some other career aswell if the new ones don't appeal to you. I'd like to give it a go, even people that are doing Scenario levelling can come out and check out the open rvr, at least while waiting for the queue. I'd guess the best zones would be Empire v Chaos, they're usually the most populated and the RvR lakes are a bit better.

I do like the idea of having populated RvR lakes and having a bit more of a competitive community.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll give them another chance when i can actually play the new classes next week sometime?

Make or break for me this patch i'm afraid, however i can't see the scenario chumps making the effort to try a RVR zone.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'll try and make a little more effort to get in the rvr zones and see what happens. I know I'm guilty of playing for several hours and not going near an open rvr zone: just solo pveing while I queue for endless scenarios. I'm bored of that now, as I have been for some time so I hope this makes a difference.

Nate

FH is my second home
Pretty much no action in T1 RvR still :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Shit loads of action in T1 last night on Hirn.

Was running scenarios in between fighting in nordland, was always enemies in Orvr to fight while questing and doing scenarios.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Shit loads of action in T1 last night on Hirn.

Was running scenarios in between fighting in nordland, was always enemies in Orvr to fight while questing and doing scenarios.

That's what is so annoying, retaking or participating in orvr and people vanishing all of a sudden to scenarios then the group/warband shrivels and dies.

It's like waiting for smokers to finish there fag outside the pub, just wait goddamit. If orvr is busy and your enjoying it why bother to queue for for scenarios?

Calaen

That's what is so annoying, retaking or participating in orvr and people vanishing all of a sudden to scenarios then the group/warband shrivels and dies.

It's like waiting for smokers to finish there fag outside the pub, just wait goddamit. If orvr is busy and your enjoying it why bother to queue for for scenarios?

For exactly the reason you say :D no realmis any different it let you level up quicker which gets you to the next rvr zone/scenarios

mooSe_

FH is my second home

scenarios are the opium of the people

Aada

Part of the furniture
What baffles me with Mythic is they clearly had a winning forumula with DAOC and that is what alot of people wanted.

Why did they add scenarios?

Just fucking why?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I like scenarios; it means I can play pvp even when I'm nowhere near an rvr zone. It also means I can get in a group for pvp without waiting around spamming LFG or whatever. What I don't like about them is that when I do want to play rvr there is no one else around.

Nate

FH is my second home
I wonder if they removed the quest for completing a scenario from the warcamps you'd see a bit more action in RvR puddles(new name, they're to small to be lakes!)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thing is the huge battles in DAOC were awesome it was one of the draws for anyone looking at the game.

WAR is meant to be WAR but Warhammer is all about the scenario grind nobody cares about ORVR :(

Heck probably didn't help that Mythic didn't give a class a speed buff so people didn't have to use the silly mounts to get around everywhere.

Nate

FH is my second home
Also, making parties is easier in Scenarios then in RvR. But really you do always see people camping the quest givers for busy scenarios.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well you could still have DAOC-like BGs, just add an auto-grouping function whereas anyone zoning in would be automatically grouped with people already there.

This way you avoid: a) idiotic objectives which as it's been pointed out I think by Gahn in another thread, have nothing to do with end-game rvr, on the contrary to just have a keep to take and defend would make sense); b) scoreboards!

And let's not forget that in thid there were groups, maybe not that much on exca but there were.

In a way it is fascinating to realise that a 7-year old game was providing way more satisfaction rvr-wise than war does :(

Oh well, time will tell (hopes for DF)

Calaen

I miss the 3rd realm aspect!!!!

I also hope they throw in some sort of Skaven type underground dungeon like DF with the realm owning more T4 zones having access to it. Giving people a reason to defend the zones they own.

I think the problem in rvr is that its so impersonal, yes yelling on the pad to get a group member was a ball ache, but now you have every Tom, Dick and Harry joining your group and 50% of them don't even follow the rest of the group, or even talk to each other.

That is the biggest failing for me, how unsociable the game is. Fortunately I have a super guild and very active alliance but I can only imagine what people that are starting the game up for the first time feel like all alone.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
That is the biggest failing for me, how unsociable the game is. Fortunately I have a super guild and very active alliance but I can only imagine what people that are starting the game up for the first time feel like all alone.

well i do see some /1 chat in t1 and whenever i roll a new character i usually get invited to a guild in about an hour after creating so its not that hard to find some community.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
@topic Why would you when you can enter a sc and get 25k+ exp in 10-15 mins compaired to piss poor returns in rvr. People here rant they hate sc's but they are always busy and its easy exp and renown so someones ok with them...ah wait maybe its just old daoc farts that want to do the fake rvr meeeting thing, my bad .

:)

Calaen

@topic Why would you when you can enter a sc and get 25k+ exp in 10-15 mins compaired to piss poor returns in rvr. People here rant they hate sc's but they are always busy and its easy exp and renown so someones ok with them...ah wait maybe its just old daoc farts that want to do the fake rvr meeeting thing, my bad .

:)

Because after 1.1 xp and items will be beefed up to promote orvr. I expect scenarios to take a back seat when people realise that there is a quicker more fun way of leveling up while incorporating items into it,.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
oRvR will only work if the battles are pretty even. Soon as one side steam rolls the other they will vanish from the battlefield and anychance of xp with it.

It's this games biggest flaw imo. If you are fielding all you can field and you still dont have enough to put up a resistance then thre is littlepoint.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah oRvR will only be quicker xp if you actually manage to kill something :p

and if you are killing the enemy lots and lots and getting loads of xp surely that means they probably arent? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom