Will you be playing with your conkers this autumn ?

Conkers this autumn ?

• Yes !

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Eh ? What are they ? What is this ? What are you talking about ?

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
conkersPA0512_468x301.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe hell yeah, i love autumn its my fave i love conkers i found a great one the other day and its in my backpack as we speak!

also love their cousins (sweet chestnuts) cook em up yum!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have a boiling pot of vinegar on the stove as we speak

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i never stop playing with my conkers, know what i mean

HIGH FIVE

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
heh, forgot about the stamping on the other guys conker after you won. What were all the hardening techniques: drying out, the baking, vinegar soaking, varnishing, filling with glue. Did fill one with a big steel nut, but it only ended up smashing itself. dunno if any of that stuff really worked, if anything boiling in vingar (acetic acid) could hardly do anything but weaken a the things. A mate had some heavy duty floor varnish like they use in school gyms which seemed to do the trick on his.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
isnt this un-pc or something now? im sure theyve banned it from people aged 0-16 from plaiyng.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm. Conkers ey? Put your nuts on a string and try to smask the other guys nuts?

You lot are bonkers for sure, no wonder you were the elitist ruler race while back :lol:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
no - its conkers. Not bonkers !

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You must have a park somewhere...

Hull can't be the only city in England with no conkers.

they probably get hoovered up by council to stop people harming each other with them....

crazy bloody council, Hull is an odd place, at one point they had people in the parks telling people not to feed the ducks as they were becoming so obese they wouldnt be able to migrate o_O

Ezteq

Queen of OT
britain, a nation of obesity!

i was out looking for conkers last evening and I shall probably be doing so again today. Not to play conkers with though, I need to peel them and make a jar of fake eyeballs for a frankenstein display at work lol B2 caught me the other day he was like "whatcha doin?"

me: "Caving severed fingers outta soap"

him: "what on earth for" (but said in an unsurprised tone lol)

I have to say my job kicks arse. and if you'd like to try making some severed fingers yourself all you need is a bar of palmolive soap (the light green kind) a bottle of tippex and a pen knife....or you could just use a sharp knife and make real ones Oo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom