Will the owner of this desk please stand up? o//

Damini

Part of the furniture
Kenny got a very similar desk (except it's buried under total crap because he's an untidy sod). If you go to the shops that buy excess stock, you can get them cheap - i.e. the shop we bought it from buys desks from companies that buy 200 desks and then realise they only need 198.

I'm getting a new desk soon, but I'm going to go for a discreet pine affair. My current desk is a early 90's grey plastic coated chipboard nightmare.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Seriously, a big pile of old timber, cut it to size, plane it down, put it together, it might not be as functional as the desk there, but it will look much nicer, and last 10 times longer.

They sell that kind of stuff in Selfridges, and it isn't even very well made (the old stuff I mean). It costs a small fortune.

Damini

Part of the furniture
One day Tom I will scan in a picture of the spoon I made in CDT at school, and you will understand why the concept of me making my own desk is utter ridiculous.

Clue 1: It was a desert spoon.

Clue 2: There's a photo of my brother wearing it as a skull cap.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I get the impression that you were the one who always broke the posh vase in the posh shop, said 'oh sorry', and scarpered, leaving the staff with angry expressions on their faces :D

D33

Loyal Freddie
I struggle to grasp the concept of making Pot Noodle and you want me to create a desk out of a lump of wood, a fairy liquid bottle and a roll of sticky back plastic..

... It can't be done! :twak:

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice desk, BTW the same D33 from HL2 forums?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ahh, thought I recognised that name. Whats the latest on HL2 then? Should I pre-order my walking cane at the same time?

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Im not too bothered. Gives me more time to upgrade. I was annoyed at first but now Ive not read much on HL2 Ive kind of forgotten all about the game. Best way imo.

D33

Loyal Freddie
TBH I've somewhat lost interest in the whole ordeal. The next date everyone seems to of latched onto for dear life seems to be April although I personally don't believe this date to be anything special.

News front seems to be drier than typical irc humour.

Only another nine and a half years until HL2 becomes the next DN4 ;)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
sorry to drag up a very old thread, but does anyone know where the desk is from.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
i take it the images are no longer on the host system, but if you did a QUOTE of post 29 you will see the url (Office World)

Will

/bin/su
Ah, I have images turned off, so I just see the links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom