Will the owner of this desk please stand up? o//

D33

Loyal Freddie
Right, bit of a weird thread I know but I can't remember where I saw this desk and multiple searches on different gaming forums have turned up nothing. I think it came from someone on these forums but I've gone through the "show your desk" thread several times and seen nadda :/

So, if you own this desk can you reveal yourself \o/

deskc.jpg

fank yoo ;(

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
i remember somebody on the wallpaper thread had that wallpaper. but i dont recall the desk. Sorry!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I have that fridge :D the only other person who i know that has one is wpkenny and that doesnt look like his desk.

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
I just love the fact that he still has his A1200 under the monitor, although I'm not sure why he's got his subwoofer there.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
That's an Amiga.

He shops at Maplin.

Try putting it on a car forum. Max Power, Revs, Bolt Lightning, Cruise North Wales... my brother's haunts.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
That desk is "Ooh la la!"

Wouldn't mind having that for myself but i pretty much have that kit already albeit a lot more messy as i have a mini fridge stuck under my desk. :D

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
The desk appears to have been subject to a 'quick shufty'. The way the items are placed in parallel with each other. Do you see the two AA's on the left? Who leaves a couple of AA's lying about? It might be neat, but it isn't organised. You'd stick 'em in a draw, or maybe even into something that uses them.

It's been arranged for the photo. Whoever's done it has also fronted up their fridge contents. The PC desk is not the ideal place for swords. The one on the right obviously doesn't fit onto the top of that grille-less speaker. It may have been placed there for the photo.

No CD drive in that small form factor box, just a flashy blanking plate. Ooh, nice phone, sir.

I may have more shit to rip of the photo later :) Though he's got an Amiga so I might lay off a bit.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
RandomBastard said:
The cd is prolly stealthed, many shuttle owners do it.

Oh, aye? And that's the technical term for it?

I thought about getting a SFF box but all the ones at the time used only P4's and had GeForce GPU's, so that idea went out of the window ;)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Not entirly sure there is a technical term for it but thats what "modders" call it. Usually involves taking off the drive tray front or whole fascia front and using double sided sticky tape to attach it to the drive bay front :p

Nothing wrong with geforce gpus.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
worMatty said:
Oh, aye? And that's the technical term for it?

I thought about getting a SFF box but all the ones at the time used only P4's and had GeForce GPU's, so that idea went out of the window ;)
Heh, there are a grand total of zero shuttle chassis with a Pentium 4 socket and integrated GeForce GPU. The only chipset with integrated Geforce graphics is the nForce family which is currently exclusive to AMD processors.

Regardless of which, *all* nForce motherboards have a separate AGP socket, which means you can bung an AGP card in and disable the onboard.

Xav

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And they have agp too.

/me strokes his shuttle.

I really need to get the shuttle cosmetic kit. I better start saving, thats a camera, TV, new PSU and shuttle cosmetic kit I have to buy in the next few months.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Neither does the new Zen shuttle, and damn does it look sexy.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think that makes much difference, you said:

worMatty said:
I thought about getting a SFF box but all the ones at the time used only P4's and had GeForce GPU's, so that idea went out of the window
The first SFF's were from shuttle, the first shuttles were in fact AMD, no P4 shuttles have had onboard geforce (in fact there isn't a motherboard on the planet with a Pentium 4 socket and built in geforce gpu, not one) and every motherboard out there, sff or otherwise which has an nForce chipset (the boards which DO feature GeForce integrated) have an AGP slot, allowing any AGP card to be fitted.

so:

worMatty said:
I didn't specifiy the Shuttle.
Doesn't mean a great deal!

Xav

D33

Loyal Freddie
I've found the desk \o/

It's a hefty £299 and not only does it come in Maple ( in pic above ) but comes in Cherry too. Although Cherry would be a better "wood colour" for me it doesn't look as good when on this desk imo ;(

.. alas I'm at work now and don't have the email with desk codes on me so can't give you links :)

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
Xavier said:
The first SFF's were from shuttle, the first shuttles were in fact AMD, no P4 shuttles have had onboard geforce (in fact there isn't a motherboard on the planet with a Pentium 4 socket and built in geforce gpu, not one) and every motherboard out there, sff or otherwise which has an nForce chipset (the boards which DO feature GeForce integrated) have an AGP slot, allowing any AGP card to be fitted.

Xav
Sorry, don't know where I got that from. Must've remembered it wrong.

D33

Loyal Freddie
Maple Version :

Cherry Version :

( images linked to urls )

Tom

I am a FH squatter
£300? I could go down to the reclamation yard and build something much nicer for that money :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom