Will Prydwen population suffer from ToA aftermath?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a hell of alot of people quiting the game recently, but well there allways has been lots of people quiting, but new people have allways taken their place, however as I see it, alot of people are no longer rolling alts, as they dont have the time to do ToA ML's and Artifacts with another char, so this will mean less people exping, and with PL, buffbots so common these days, I think its going to be very hard for new players to catch up, they so much more to do than we did in a row. So im wondering, will new players be less common, and so the Prydwen population might drop a bit?

I dunno, but when I first started the game was complicated to me, the realm was huge and everything confused me, but there were so many also in the same boat, that we usually figured out these things by trial and error. I can just imagine some level 7 Thane in GNA right now shouting LFG!! and nobody even in Myrkwood :p

[Edit]oops forgot reason for this post. Well since im comming back to this game very soon, I was thinking of making a char again on pryd to play with a friend, im thinking of making some on excal too, and playing primarly on Excal, since Frontiers and ToA so far seem more geared towards large battles, their higher population might make it more fun.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, with a lot of the things to come in frontiers and the state of other MMORPGs atm i think a lot of the "quitters" will return. The pull will be too big. I myself have tried to quit...but since i spent a good deal of time playing and single players aint my thing, daoc has taken most my time cause its simple the best one out there.

Having said that there is of course the odd chance that frontiers will blow(naaaaaw!! mythic makin sumthin bad?) and this will be a falling point for daocs survival, at least imo :)

/Dracus

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Nowadays alb prime time population is around 520-530 or more.
When ToA came it was around 680+, but in August it was same as now. I have been taking numbers :eek:

RvR in Emain seems lots more active than it was in like October or even little before ToA tho, so I don't suffer from ppl losses atm at least.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, can't spell the word because my english sucks big time, but it means when you feel like somethings happened before...

Feels like SI, many quit, yet most came back :p

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Hmm, can't spell the word because my english sucks big time, but it means when you feel like somethings happened before...

u mean deja vou or however u spell it :)

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
The "fotm" from pre toa are dieing off atleast for now and casters are having a chance, plenty for the stealthers to kill as well as for everyone else atm.

IMO RvR is alot more fun recently, groups arnt a requirment, plenty around for the local farmers and lots of 1fg vs overwhelming numbers.

RvR is far better now than it was afew months ago :clap:

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
toa killed the game. You just can't compete if you're not in toa gear and have ml abilities. Furthermore, rvr is total crap, zerg zerg zerg and zerg again since 2fg >> 1 fg with all the silly ml things . Frontiers won't make it better either.

i wish i had a spine so i could quit

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck group RvR.

Gimme a stealther and a buffbot please.

Atleast I only need a few Artis to compete on a stealther to be RvR viable. ML8 on Hero? No fucking thank you.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Too many stealthers already :/ They're not good for RvR :( I guess many casual gamers got tired of getting farmed by gank squads and just made a stealther so they could hide from them. Or people just tired of forming an opted group to stand a chance. Buffbots and powerlevelling has made the levelling grind easy...one of the things that deterred people from rolling stealthers in the past.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
a mate of mine bought the game about 3 months ago, tried leveling a healer and a zerker, got to about the mid 20's with each and then realised everyone was doing these 'PL session's' and this was the reason he had been soloing the majority of the time, and really he had no chance getting any where so left.

tbh i think this is how all 'new blood' will look at the game, its just got beyond rediculous now.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
First few months of daoc were like 10-20 times more fun than ToA although rvr seems not too bad lately but exping at the moment in the game is very hard hence why the population has fallen but you still see many people rvring.Too bad ToA has screwed people over with 3-4 50s like myself :puke: they could of made artifacts easier to lv, i mean not like 1% a fking a kill or so :E

Tizu

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Too many stealthers already :/ They're not good for RvR :( I guess many casual gamers got tired of getting farmed by gank squads and just made a stealther so they could hide from them. Or people just tired of forming an opted group to stand a chance. Buffbots and powerlevelling has made the levelling grind easy...one of the things that deterred people from rolling stealthers in the past.

No.. Roll a Stealther and get ganked by 2 TOA'd/buffed infils...

Yes aruddry im talking to you i wish you would 1 on 1 me im low rr and in sc gear you should 1 on 1 me and your friend jump me if your going to lose (which you wont as im low rr)

Have a heart towards a Kobold :*(

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:

I suspect you are thinking of what happened c. May / June sollowing SI's release.

What happened is this:

Numbers after SI showed first a big increase in population c. 25%, then a drop in May & June (net increase down to 10% then 5%) and a fairly flat last 6 months of 2003 finishing with a bit of a drop. Net position: numbers at the end of 2003 were pretty much what they were at the start of 2003.

I posted a breakdown of the English numbers a while back. French and German patterns were similar.

What I don't detect - post ToA - is a great population increase. So if people who leave are not being replaced by new folks then the population will drop. There is no peak number data from GoA since mid-Jan and recently they have even taken away the Statistics button (to me that suggests bad things). What needs to be remembered of course is that most long term players will have subscriptions that run for 'more than one month' so if there is to be a wave of people leaving then it will probably be May/June as it was post SI.

Hard to say of course. Are people who post 'representative'. Are there more buff bots now? Will new games coming out exacerbate things (no new games lasy year to speak of)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom