[QUESTION] Will EU get a Test Server as well?

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Again - we also provide bug reports and feedback via in-game tools at the encouragement of GOA.

Xandax, part of my "proof" (lol at the wording of that) is that our feedback is NOT getting to Mythic.

If the feedback about broken campaigns isnt even getting to the people in GOA who are able to reset them, then I very much doubt that reports will get to GOA and then be routed on to Mythic.

I think most of my reasoning comes from a long and nefarious career in various subcontracted IT projects.

For GOA to host this server there will be a cost to them. That cost needs to be outweighed by the benefits before they will do anything. And there are zero benefits that I can see.

Yes there IS the benefit of happier campers, but we have already seen them renage on most of the crap their CEO came out with at the release of the beta.

Back on topic. I don't beleive that any current feedback gets anywhere near anyone that needs to see it.
I don't believe that if any feedback got to the right destination, it would actually be looked at. (why bother looking at duplicate data when you have the same information availiable on a server that you can interrogate without a middleman? And that middleman being French as well!!) (I got the racisim in for Septima!! :england:)

I still dont think that it is actually GOA's place to be hosting a test server, I don't believe they are the people to do it.

Maybe they could have a server with the latest live system patched on it, thereby allowing EU customers the chance to play with talents etc in the test enviroment?

BTW - All GOA's issues could be sorted by just freeing IanC!!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
No test server
No feedback on proposed changes
No non-US teamleads

No change from DaoC.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Am starting to consider if it's worth renewing the sub tbh.
I was sure it would end up this way with Goa involved, but wanted to give em a chance.
Big fail tbh.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd look to mythic on this one. GOA are ready to go with a test server as they have said in a few posts. The problem is mythic. I'm all for bashing GOA when its called for but this isnt something they can do without mythic.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Xandax, part of my "proof" (lol at the wording of that) is that our feedback is NOT getting to Mythic.

If the feedback about broken campaigns isnt even getting to the people in GOA who are able to reset them, then I very much doubt that reports will get to GOA and then be routed on to Mythic.
<snip>

As much as I "like" to bash GOA based on their performance, then there are no foundation for that argument that I've seen.
It might be true indeed - but well, frankly, we don't know either way.
I'll continue to do bug reports and feedback, because it was one of the things we lacked in DAoC and I hope GOA have grown just somewhat as a company.
Not that I'm naive enough to not consider the possibility, but well - the reports could also have been obducted by aliens.

I'd look to mythic on this one. GOA are ready to go with a test server as they have said in a few posts. The problem is mythic. I'm all for bashing GOA when its called for but this isnt something they can do without mythic.

We don't know whether it is Mythic holding it up or GOA. Magnus have stated something very vague and I've seen no mention on this from Mythic, so it could be either or.

I still maintain that having a test-server is one of the steps of having European customers at the same service level with the US ones.
Being able to provide feedback and being heard in a MMO is in direct relation to service level, because a MMO is a changing "entity".

Yes, I'd much rather have a working website, a Realm War page et al, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a test server as well. And frankly - when Mythic can - GOA should be able to as well. Otherwise we truly are only second or third rate customers here to be screwed over.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Well thats a shame. I was hoping to test out a wrath spec for my Priest without having to spend oodles of gold on respeccing and equipment.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not the lack of a test server that annoys me really, I doubt I would use it much tbh. Its the principle, its the fact that in just about every area we get a lesser service than the Americans. We were promised an identical experience which should include the same customer service, the same back office support, a test server and patches at the same time (a few hours is fine when you add in time zone delays etc)

In every area we are clearly getting less, despite being promised an "equal or better service" You do not promise that when you know full well you will not be delivering it. It smacks of amateurism. GOA have not moved on as a company since the start of DAOC, the MMO industry has moved on from flaky service and delays, to survive an MMO needs both a decent game and a decent support structure.

Automated ticket responses simply wont do, stupid flash based websites that half your customers can't even use will not do. A different general service compared to the US will not do. GOA will not do.

Warhammer IS a good game but it could be so much better if they delivered what they promised.

Blizzard release WOTLK in less than a week, it doesn't really matter whether you think WoW is better or the other way round, it WILL have an effect on the population, the WoW boards a full of people saying they are returning for the expansion, both from AOC and Warhammer, whether you like WoW or not you can be sure that it will be highly polished and will be a successful launch. GOA and mythic have known about the launch for months they should have pulled out all the stops to deliver the best possible experience, fucking about and slacking simply doesn't work in the MMO market these days.

/end ramblings

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
This isn't something that should even be up for discussion.

The message that GoA NEEDS to be sending right now is that GoA subscribers will have exactly the same chance to shape the future of Warhammer as Mythic subscribers. By even raising the question of whether their will be an EU test server, GoA are doing the exact opposite.

GoA subsribers do not want to feel like they are less important than Mythic subscribers.

A patch should be aplied to both Mythic and GoA test servers and after feedback from BOTH communities, the patch should be approved or changed accordingly. This isn't rocket science we are dealing with here is it?

This is one of those classic GoA mistakes that have given GoA their current reputation. Yes we know you guys at GoA are aware of your repuation being shakey, so stop making obvious and fundemental mistakes!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
GoA subsribers do not want to feel like they are less important than Mythic subscribers.
<snip>

It isn't a feeling.

It is how things are. At no time have Europeans been treated as nothing but second rate so far in War. The lofty promises before retail were nothing but words. There are countless examples to this end, but none against.
Actions speak much louder then words. And lack of action is action in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom