will catas run on..

Madchild

Fledgling Freddie
a 1gig cpu? sorry i know this is a techy question but theres no one in the tech forums and im after a speedy responce :) i was running on a 2gig athlon xp but i killed it and need a new cpu+mobo, would a 1gig be able to handle catas without too much trouble? and how about running 2 accs at once? thx

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
will be tuff...i hade prob running 2x on a amd 750 and cata laggd little on my amd 2000+ when running 2 acconts...its all up to the GFX and ram...but 1 accont can work but 2 i don´t know

Madchild

Fledgling Freddie
the rest of my comp is ok and was quite good, GeForce4 ti4200, 1024 ddram 266mhz.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i still get lagg in cata and i have a intel p4 3 ghz now over clockt to 3.8 with radeon x700 256 mb ddr3 ram.....and 1.5 gb ddr 400 mhz...so it can be your connection to

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
i can run two cata acc's pretty easy with 1mb ddr330 ran, 2600 amd amthlon :p

someone seems a little tired

Septina

Part of the furniture
If you have 1mb "ran" i feel sorry for you Samaroon and whats this Amthlon thing?
New brand? :OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:fluffle:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
any daoc client eats ram mostly, so long as you have plenty of that it should be fine, turn off cata skins, stick it on close draw distance, disable shadows etc, i would say it should be ok.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It'll run, but it won't be great. Make sure you've got enough memory though!

My 1GHz buffbot box with 768MB RAM and a GF2MX can run it, though avoid using the Catacombs client if possible! Always use the lowest DAoC client possible where needed (SI, then ToA, then Catacombs).

As for running 2 accounts, given the amount of memory DAoC uses these days - don't bother.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
imo use cata client whit all the toys turned down, have heard its better than toa client whit same gfx setings.

your comp can run it but not whit perfection

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Madchild said:
a 1gig cpu? sorry i know this is a techy question but theres no one in the tech forums and im after a speedy responce :) i was running on a 2gig athlon xp but i killed it and need a new cpu+mobo, would a 1gig be able to handle catas without too much trouble? and how about running 2 accs at once? thx

i am playing cata's on a laptop at times and with classic models and best framerate option in windowed mode it runs ok, large scale rvr your screwed though, but leveling its fine.

:m00:

Madchild

Fledgling Freddie
thx for responces :) im still a bit confused tho, some of u saying u lag with comps which were way better than mine was and i run 2 catas fine. 2gig athlonXP 1024ddr gf4ti4200. anyway been lookin on ebay n i got a 2.2 celeron and a mobo for just over 80 quid so im happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom