NSFW Wikileaks latest video

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yeah, watched it today and thought about posting it here, then decided not to because the result would be the same as always. Polemics, propaganda accusations, flames...

Pretty disturbing video to say the least.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Sorry could one of the mods close this thread as there is an earlier post in General section already open and discussing.

Thanks in Advance.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
since when do we close threads just cause general are talking about it too? nevah!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Is there someone getting killed / mutilated? If so i do not wish to see that thing unless its absolutely nessecary.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Is there someone getting killed / mutilated? If so i do not wish to see that thing unless its absolutely nessecary.

yes about 12 people being mowed down by a helicopter while the gunner and his spotter laugh and joke about it

As above it is quite scary how close their banter is to kids on a computer game

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Fortunately you can't really see what's happening when they open fire because of smoke etc but you get the idea.

The worse thing is the US soldiers act like they're playing CoD. A guy is crawling along the floor wounded and a solider says "come on buddy, just pick up a gun"

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well thats what you get when you enlist every hick/redneck/white trash out there.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Bear in mind alot of soldiers are still kids, 18/19 is the the average age of a soldier

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Bear in mind alot of soldiers are still kids, 18/19 is the the average age of a soldier

ofc , we have to get them before they are old enough to realize what they are doing :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yes about 12 people being mowed down by a helicopter while the gunner and his spotter laugh and joke about it

welcome to the US army where the soldiers have the mind of children and fire power of god.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Alot of the banter one hear in "films" like this is just that, some are serious in what they say, but i some are not, its their lingo, a way to vent their stress and frustration. But there are to many trigger happy soldiers and officers in Iraq.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Sorry could one of the mods close this thread as there is an earlier post in General section already open and discussing.

Thanks in Advance.

Stupid thing to ask. Close the general thread. We're more awesome. :D

Frightening to watch, and as said, young kids with CoD trigger fingers is not what I want firing from an Apache. War reporters/photographers are brave mofo's - sticking that extra long lens around a building when they area is clearly mostly deserted is brave - even if people just had rifles you're lucky not to have your face shot off.

That line "Shouldn't have brought kids to a battle" What about if it was a local carrying his kids and just wanted to help out? All blurry lines of intent.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Alot of the banter one hear in "films" like this is just that, some are serious in what they say, but i some are not, its their lingo, a way to vent their stress and frustration. But there are to many trigger happy soldiers and officers in Iraq.

You have a point with the venting - I agree some must do it and don't mean anything by it, else coping with the horrors of war would be impossible. How can you qualify the second point though? (Unless you've served over there in which case I apologise :)) The press LOVE negative stories off when things go wrong, how often do they report when soldiers didn't pull the trigger? They don't as it's not good news and doesn't keep them in business.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Best line

'You shoot , I'll talk!'

Seriously though was it the smartest thing to group together in Iraq with an
RPG while trigger happy yanks are flying around in Apaches?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just find it interesting that people are shocked about this(meaning generally people, not anyone here per say etc etc).

Have people fantasized and glorified war in such a way, that this is somehow considered bad, while at same time they go on about defending the country and how attacking xyz is good?

That is war, if they talked about them as people and didn't treat it as a game, they wouldn't be able to pull the trigger.

IT's good that these kind of videos are out, wish there were more, to show people some cold hard facts about some aspects of war instead of clean and homely propaganda and news broadcasts.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Best line

'You shoot , I'll talk!'

Seriously though was it the smartest thing to group together in Iraq with an
RPG while trigger happy yanks are flying around in Apaches?

There was no RPG, and as stated in the general forum thread, even if there was an RPG, it was no threat to the Apache.

I really suggest you watch the full video and the explanations that go with it before making comments like that.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I just find it interesting that people are shocked about this(meaning generally people, not anyone here per say etc etc).

Have people fantasized and glorified war in such a way, that this is somehow considered bad, while at same time they go on about defending the country and how attacking xyz is good?

That is war, if they talked about them as people and didn't treat it as a game, they wouldn't be able to pull the trigger.

IT's good that these kind of videos are out, wish there were more, to show people some cold hard facts about some aspects of war instead of clean and homely propaganda and news broadcasts.
It's not war. America announced the end of war years before this video.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Cheers for posting it Tierk. I wouldn't have seen it because I don't read general much.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I shan't be watching it because I don't like seeing things die and am a strong believer in being careful what I watch because once seen I can't unsee something.

However from reading these posts I think what people find the most shocking is the disreguard for life displayed by the shooters; but we have to remember soldiers have to do horrible things and if you really think about what you are doing (and who you are doing it to as real people) you'd probably crack up and possibly freeze in a situation where people are relying on you, do you see what I mean?

Also, someone said about venting and I remember seeing a docu about a woman who was a paramedic, she said one of the first accedents she had to attend was someone who had been hit by a train, she said it was really gruesome (like jam gruesome) and there was the severed arm with most of the fingers missing and only the middle one left sticking up and her co-worker just looked at it and said 'same to you mate' and bagged it. She said she was on the verge of losing it and that one joke snapped her out of it, it is the way for humans to cope with horror, take the reality out of it.

I couldn't be a soldier but I have the highest respect for people, good people, who are because it is something I just couldn't do but someone has to and by gum I'm glad there are people to do it.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH

You've hit the nail on the head, from america's army to the recent british soldier ads on TV where the guy uses a satelite to call in an airstrike on a quickly abandoned SAM on a flatbed truck, the intention seems not so much to demonise your opponent like WWII posters did, but rather to present conflicts as an alternate/augmented reality computer game.

After 911, like most folks I felt alot of sympathy for americans, my attitude has shifted since then, the next time something like that happens, i'll think

fucking slap it up ye! (as we say around these parts ;) )

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ez it's not gory, it's just tragic, it's not something that you would have trouble watching, it's just very sad. The disregard for life I can understand from soldiers, what I cannot accept is their ignorance and poor training that has lead them to open fire on two cameramen and some men with weapons that were no threat to them.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I still wouldn't want to watch it tbh, I hate things like that...what I hate even more though is when you see a disaster or something and there are people laying on the ground crying for help and then you see morons standing about pointing camera phones at them rather than helping, that makes my bloody boil...it is also quite off the topic and I'm not sure where that came from lol sorry for the mini rant.

I'm going to bed now, night all

xxx

megadave

I am a FH squatter
bed at 7.40? either you are sexual tyrannosaurus like that guy from predator or you live a sweet life :D

This video is probably worse than you think. They are under absolutely no threat at all yet urge their superiors to give them permission to kill people. Later people are trying to clear up the bodies and help the wounded and again they beg for permission to murder these people too.

They are war crimes and nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom