Wikileaks just being silly now?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So Wikileaks has released information of industries/companies across the world that's important to the US - Yes, maybe they've not released the businesses names and locations, but they're released WHERE they are and WHAT they are, you can just see the terrorists rubbing their hands together now with now - easy targets.

Reckless tbh, don't get me wrong, the Governments should be open about certain things, but certain things they should keep hushed up about - end of the day, the people who are these conspiracies will be the many of millions that will go to the government for help when/if the Country goes ka-put when we open all the Governments secrets.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If you think that terrorists didn't know this already, then you are silly enough to beleive that stopping people taking photos stops terrorists.

The list is hardly rocket science.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
So Wikileaks has released information of industries/companies across the world that's important to the US - Yes, maybe they've not released the businesses names and locations, but they're released WHERE they are and WHAT they are, you can just see the terrorists rubbing their hands together now with now - easy targets.

Yeah, I heard on fox news that al-muslimoidterriorists had a big stockpile of bombs and no suitable targets.

DAMN YOU WIKILEAKS!!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
erm, like I said in the general forum, if you don't think your friendly neighbourhood terrorist can't use google like anyone else, you are severely deluded. it doesn't take wikileaks releasing a us list to make terrorists any more or less aware of what is out there to hit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be honest, the list is quite re-assuring. I'm glad to see that it's not just high end stuff that they are thinking about protecting.

Wikileaks have shown that the US government is not that incompetent after all.

TdC

that's a really positive thing Chet, I hadn't looked at it that way actually :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The point I was trying to make is that the targets are abroad, not in America, but America had said they're important to America, so it would be a blow to the US if they got destroyed, - That's what I'm saying by 'Easy targets' Let's face it, you don't see many armed police walking around factories do you?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gwadien, we understood your point. It's moot, terrorists aren't idiots, the general public are.

TdC

it's only a blow to the US indirectly. the actual idea is to wreck the global economy.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's numbfuckingly reckless to reveal these leaks, wether they are all actually secret or not, but I love the panic that sets in when the truth escapes.
Every truth in the world is neatly painted over with lies and when a crack appears we rush to cover it up and the silly thing is we actually know they're
lies but chose to believe the story to make our lives more mundane.

This may or may not be a lie.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
'tis a ruse I tell ye. I shall tell ye why........

Wikileaks are diverting attention from the secret army of mutant ninja smurfs they are training in Antarctica. Or some shit like that.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
wikileaks-batman-20101206-160050.jpg

mehehe

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think half the stuff shouldn't be leaked. All governments will have secret opinions on other countries, I imagine we have said similar things about the Americans in private, especially over the years of the Bush administration.

That's not to say that Wikileaks should be stopped from doing what they do, the Apache attack on the photographers and civilians coming to light was a good thing.

TdC

here's a thought:

Europe-wide debate over the possible extradition of Assange to the US sparks an armed conflict.

Discuss.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
here's a thought:

Europe-wide debate over the possible extradition of Assange to the US sparks an armed conflict.

Discuss.

While he's quite the "hero" of the internets, politicians and military personel most likely consider him a more trouble then worth. Since politicians and military personel usually decide the possible attack scenarios and other such maneuvers, over aformentioned internet warriors(posting the pic IS lame :eek:) and sunday browsers, i quite firmly believe that nothing the f*ck will happen :p

All i really care about is that neil patrick harris looks quite like him and should play him in the upcoming movie. Called it here first ;)

Though depends awful lot on the picture, weird fella.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The same day that the US have managed to put enough pressure on foreign governments to have Assange arrested they are celebrating the fact that they will host the World Press Freedom Day

The theme for next year's commemoration will be 21st Century Media: New Frontiers, New Barriers. The United States places technology and
innovation at the forefront of its diplomatic and development efforts. New media has empowered citizens around the world to report on their circumstances, express opinions on world events, and exchange information in environments sometimes hostile to such exercises of individuals' right to freedom of expression. At the same time, we are concerned about the determination of some governments to censor and silence individuals, and to restrict the free flow of information. We mark events such as World Press Freedom Day in the context of our enduring commitment to support and expand press freedom and the free flow of information in this digital age.
lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well that even alanis morrissette could sing about with a modecum of accuracy :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
She would turn in her grave if she knew you posted a picture of her ironing, here, on Freddyshouse off-topic section.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I personally love the fact they are doing what they are doing and wish that they release all the documents they ahve faster.

They clearly show all the double dealing and lies that are being peddled to the general public and bring out the stark truth about how governments really act.

As another another poster said...

GOOD ON YA JULES!!

:iagree:

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

Attachments

• julian-assange-wikileaks-wouldyouliketoknowmore.jpg
    julian-assange-wikileaks-wouldyouliketoknowmore.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom