Wii Q1 line up

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone else looked at this on Gamespot and feel a bit meh? half of those games are already out in the US ;/

I think the only game on there worth maybe even looking at is Mario Party 8 lol.

Just today i was looking on Gameplay and it looked as though Battalion Wars was coming out in January and i was looking forward to that one and Mario Galaxy and it's not even on Nintys Q1 line up for Europe now.

Why o why did they region lock the freaking console :twak:

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nintys plan for console domination

1) create a okish specced console,
2)give it opera for pr0n
3) in a bid to get xbox an ps2 owners to buy it make a controller that is unique and 2nd nature to those owners who so love the wanker sign/motion
4) make some uber fun games
5)make a weak strap that will kill expensive HD tvs, we like old sk00l 480p
6) region lock the games and fuck Europe
7) cry like babies whena chip gets released and game sales start to drop

9) be smug and repeat the steps aghain 4 years down the line

i like the wii, just same shit from ninty. look on x360 gears of wars, viva oinata and soem others were released region free and sales arnt being harmed

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
+1 Reputation for Will

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
nintys plan for console domination

1) create a okish specced console,
2)give it opera for pr0n
3) in a bid to get xbox an ps2 owners to buy it make a controller that is unique and 2nd nature to those owners who so love the wanker sign/motion
4) make some uber fun games
5)make a weak strap that will kill expensive HD tvs, we like old sk00l 480p
6) region lock the games and fuck Europe
7) cry like babies whena chip gets released and game sales start to drop

9) be smug and repeat the steps aghain 4 years down the line

i like the wii, just same shit from ninty. look on x360 gears of wars, viva oinata and soem others were released region free and sales arnt being harmed

My thoughts on the whole thing too. America has half of them games already, barely played the damn thing lately every night i play Zelda from 10-12 then go to bed the lack of voice acting is pretty annoying sometimes you'll hear the odd ''HEY'' and that's about it.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves looks good!

Out jan 17th ish? :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
scoop said:
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves looks good!

Out jan 17th ish? :p

Pretty much exactly the same game that came out for the DS :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I don't have a DS though.

So I am looking forward to:

Smooth moves
Mario Galaxy
Big Brain Training
Donkey Kong Wii
Trauma Centre
Animal Crossing
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Elebits
Kirby
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Sonic and the Secret Rings
The Sims Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Paper Mario
Wii Music

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Can anyone give me a proper review of the.... Console(?)? would be nice.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The console it self is great no questions about that it is the games for it that will be it's downfall.

And it's main problem will be PORTS that are not built specificly for it but just have motion control tacked on.

A prime example of this is COD3 which sucks balls i rented it at the weekend and it is a poor port the motion control is not great and it is tacked on.

Me and my girlfriend bought Madden at the weekend and it is a fantastic game to play with 2 players the motion control is not tacked on and it feels like it was made from the ground up for the Wii. You use the motion control/nunchuck for everything in that game.

Wii needs games just for the Wii if it is going to survive just look at that Q1 line up it is full of ports which will have it all tacked on. Games like Battalion Wars and other strategy games would work well on the Wii.

Sports games will be good for it too but anything could be as long as it is not rushed and made just for the Wii. Madden is a good example of this and we were knackered on Sunday playing it as it uses the motion control fantasticly to run/throw.

Ports = Wii downfall imo

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
One little niggle about it (dunno if anyone else has noticed / experienced this).

Say you have 3 Wii-motes that have all be connected and used before.. each of them will be the same number each time.

.. So if you pick up the 3rd one you'll be classed as player 3 even if its the only wii-mote on! Hence having to try the others untill you get player one (bit annoying when wanting to play one/two player)

Silly!

Oh and the ports.. I dont know why they even bothered putting COD on it. It barely looks better than the PS2 version (worse? :p) and like aada said, the control aint much to talk about either!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I think we will not see really good orginal (or good ports) games till Q3 or Q4 of 2007 as it is still very new technology and the developers will have to get used to designing games from the ground up with motion sensor as an intregal part of the game, and not tacked on at the end as an after thought.

I just want to get hold of more controllers and nunchucks so I can play 5 player bomberman '93, 2 player isn't as fun as 5 player bomberman.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
remember you can use gamecube controlls too! Luckily i have a few but i bet they're pretty cheap second hand / new :p

Tilda

Overdriven as you will see if you take a stroll through Aada's posting history, his posts are coloured by bias and 360 fanboi'ism.

I'm not quite sure what you want to know.
The Wii is a great console, on the games that have been made for the Wii, or have had some forthought put into them, the control system is really excellent and may well be the start of a new era of games control. The problem comes with developers have got their game from another console, adapted it for Wii, and then bolted on a rushed Wiimote control system. In that sort of situation, the game dosn't do the Wii justice.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Overdriven as you will see if you take a stroll through Aada's posting history, his posts are coloured by bias and 360 fanboi'ism.

I'm not quite sure what you want to know.
The Wii is a great console, on the games that have been made for the Wii, or have had some forthought put into them, the control system is really excellent and may well be the start of a new era of games control. The problem comes with developers have got their game from another console, adapted it for Wii, and then bolted on a rushed Wiimote control system. In that sort of situation, the game dosn't do the Wii justice.

If you'd bothered you're fat lazy arse to read my post on this thread it wasn't bashing it was how it is at this time the Wii itself is great but the lazy ports that are going to make it onto the system will be it's downfall.

Sorry to burst you're fanboi bubble.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Me and my girlfriend bought Madden at the weekend and it is a fantastic game to play with 2 players the motion control is not tacked on and it feels like it was made from the ground up for the Wii. You use the motion control/nunchuck for everything in that game.

Madden. Motion sensor. I'm sold.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Aada said:
If you'd bothered you're fat lazy arse to read my post on this thread it wasn't bashing it was how it is at this time the Wii itself is great but the lazy ports that are going to make it onto the system will be it's downfall.

Sorry to burst you're fanboi bubble.

Your, not "you're". Hmm unless...

@Starts AADA RABID FANBOI GORDON GEKKO FLEABAY SPEECH GENERATOR@

Aada said:
If you'd bothered YOU ARE fat lazy arse to read my post on this thread it wasn't bashing it was how it is at this time the Wii itself is great but the lazy ports that are going to make it onto the system will be it's downfall.

Sorry to burst YOU ARE fanboi bubble.

Hmm, looks like the illiterate ramblings of a **** tbh! :fluffle:

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Aada said:
And it's main problem will be PORTS that are not built specificly for it but just have motion control tacked on.

Tilda said:
The problem comes with developers have got their game from another console, adapted it for Wii, and then bolted on a rushed Wiimote control system. In that sort of situation, the game dosn't do the Wii justice.

Am I the only one that thinks these two are arguing the same point against each other, or am I missing something?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
no you are right :)

Tildas just pointing it out, because although Aada has a Wii he has done nothing but complain about it for the 2 weeks since release :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Xtro said:
Your, not "you're". Hmm unless...

@Starts AADA RABID FANBOI GORDON GEKKO FLEABAY SPEECH GENERATOR@

Hmm, looks like the illiterate ramblings of a **** tbh! :fluffle:

I don't really have to say anything to you because i remember pwning you over and over back in the DAOC days you were a fool then and your still one now.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Aada said:
I don't really have to say anything to you because i remember pwning you over and over back in the DAOC days you were a fool then and your still one now.

Oops you've done the reverse now! It should be "you're still one now." Doh!

As for the rest of the babble - you've lost me chum, no idea wtf you are on about? I played US Daoc and EU for a short bit, neither with the name Xtro. What's playing a PC game got to do with the correct use of the apostrophe though luv? :fluffle:

Anyways back on topic - Fweddy is correct, Tilda and Gekko are saying the same thing. And Gekko, don't take anything on t'internet personal luv :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom