Wierd lag plz help :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
I have a AMD 2500+ with 2x 512mb dual DDR ram, geforce 3 or a radeon 4200 on a Abit VIA KT400A mboard.

My problem is this: The character selection menu is laggy, I find this abit wierd. When I log on to the game, it runs smoothly. But if I travel across the lands (especually SI) it gets laggy, and after a while unbearable, so I have to look streight into the ground. If I relog, its all fine again. Also it dont seem like usual frame lag, its like lag spikes every 2 sek, and alot of it.

Also im having abit too much lag when running two accounts.

I had no problems with this on my 1700+ on some other motherboard with 512 crap ram and the geforce 3 card.

As I see it it can be my motherboard, my windows or the game.
Then again I get wierd lag in other games as well. Im planetside, sometimes when I take up the map, it lags like holy fuck, and when I go back in game its ok. Alt tabbing to windows and back fixes the problem.

I mean, WTF?
Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Check for new GeForce Card drivers?
go to google, type in GeForce.
Select the Nvida site (or one to do wiht GeForce that says official)
Then Select the new drivers tab
Then Plug in what card you have and download the drivers

If this doesn't work tell me :p

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, got those. Happens with my radeon 4200 as well.

I can run the game quite smothly at most times, but when ive traveled a while in SI it gets laggy. Same problem with 2 accounts in classic zones.

When Im hunting on one spot with 2 accs its no prob.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sounds to me a bit like a graphices memory leaky-type issue. There is a command which I have long forgotten which lets you clear the gfx memory down from ingame, curing this kind of problem in most cases... hopefully someone will remember the command....

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Cant remember the command now, but I have tried it, but as it happens in more games (even in WoW alpha I think) I don't think its the game.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
Sounds to me a bit like a graphices memory leaky-type issue. There is a command which I have long forgotten which lets you clear the gfx memory down from ingame, curing this kind of problem in most cases... hopefully someone will remember the command....

/vidreset

if that's what you're thinking of.

might be other performance issues. check what's running in the background. I had a problem a while ago with kazaa on my playing machine. it wasn't downloading and kazaa wasn't causing too many problems, but the peer points manager bit of it was leaking memory like the titanic and using up far too many resources.

make sure every driver is up to date. I had a weird one with my new system where everything was fine until I got into the housing zones then I got terrible 30 second at a time lag. updating the g-force drivers sorted this, but also check for new mobo drivers. Run some tests on the machine too, it might be a problem with the hdd or memory causing problems. There are a number of testers out there which are free and work very well.

Get hold of adaware and spyware hunting software too as this can radically affect performance.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
/vidreset

if that's what you're thinking of.

might be other performance issues. check what's running in the background. I had a problem a while ago with kazaa on my playing machine. it wasn't downloading and kazaa wasn't causing too many problems, but the peer points manager bit of it was leaking memory like the titanic and using up far too many resources.

make sure every driver is up to date. I had a weird one with my new system where everything was fine until I got into the housing zones then I got terrible 30 second at a time lag. updating the g-force drivers sorted this, but also check for new mobo drivers. Run some tests on the machine too, it might be a problem with the hdd or memory causing problems. There are a number of testers out there which are free and work very well.

Get hold of adaware and spyware hunting software too as this can radically affect performance.

Some memory leaking shit sounds resonable, but I do have 1k ram and my peak never crosses 8-900 after al full day (or even a week) of 2 accounts, winamp, 20 browser windows etc. Im not sure if the peak matters though.
Will check mboard drivers... and run some tests.

Keep the sugestions comming please, and thanks for the ones I got already. :)

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
looks to be the gfx card memory i had the problem when i bought a new card and i had to send it back as the memory was shot on it. (got new one and works great now)
try running 3d mark on it from www.madonion.com that will give it a good grilling and you can then compare the benchmark from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom