Wierd encounters.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well had some wierd encounters in pvp, wonder what they are doin, hax, lag etc. First example, fighting a darkelf melee in Gates of Ekerund, getting her to 10% then i just watch as she sinks thru the floor and disapear, i look around then see her come running out on the floor under at the gate switch, and getting text saying XXX saying someting you cannot understand.

Another encounter vs a shaman, he is riding off i get off two instas dismounting him, he just disapear infront of me and my group, some suggested Scenario, but shot/dismounted should be in combat.

Another encounter vs a black orc kiting him, then he vanish, and he ends up infront of me?!?!

Whats goin on, have seen tons of people just teleporting away when you got them boxed in, just vanishing ending up way behind you.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Reckon all of those have been cause by lag. Anywho the Dark Elf one sounds a bit wierd, perhaps he was using a teleport hack of some kind? Highly doubt that though. :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
No there's already a well known hack tool sadly and it seems that people are starting to use it -.-

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to Fafnirs Weird Encounters.
With Fafnir you know it will shake ya perception of the world.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
If this is a hack then I hope if people find out the location/name of the program they will forward it to Mythic as GOA won't do anything until the servers get hacked!

However a weird encounter for me was on my alt. I was chasing down a Archmage who would jump/blink out of my melee range each time I got him below 50% hp. Finally killed him after chasing him all over the scenario when he got stuck in a rock, but it was very strange.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Haha!! A dating agency :D

More seriously, if you DO see clear evidence of abuse or cheating, please remember not to post details of how any of this is done, or links, and please don't post names of suspected offenders as this sours the boards and really is not any use to GOA anyway, since they cannot act upon info just posted here. Use the ingame reporting tools and trust the guys to get the banstick out at the GOA offices!! :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If this is a hack then I hope if people find out the location/name of the program they will forward it to Mythic as GOA won't do anything until the servers get hacked!

However a weird encounter for me was on my alt. I was chasing down a Archmage who would jump/blink out of my melee range each time I got him below 50% hp. Finally killed him after chasing him all over the scenario when he got stuck in a rock, but it was very strange.

Really takes 30 secs with a google search -.-

aika

Can't get enough of FH
same happened to me in Serpents Passage, got a BO to like 10%, then he just vanished through the floor. 1 min later I see him appear a few meters from that spot, still on low hp though.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Came across a movie about this teleportation/run speed hack. Seems strange this kind of stuff would be possible on live servers. I think most of this stuff only works on the private servers.

Already forwarded it to GOA though just to be sure.... :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
You've seen nothing until the guy you want to target is displayed in dependancy to your mousecursor! Now that looks somewhat wierd!
Happened only once, but sure a WTF-moment ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The Flagellants at the PQ just outside Death's Brink do this a lot...you think one's spawned on you, then it vanishes. Some of them seem to warp about, too...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Seen some odd happenings recently in Nordenwatch and it's always level 1 characters which led me to report the names, all of which do not show-up on the wardb site anymore so they might have either deleted them or were banned i guess.

First time it was a RP I was chasing just outside melee range, he jumped in the air and was instantly something like 200 yards away just inside clip range, happened again with a level 1 BW and again with a level 1 Archmage all in the same scenario. Next round there was a level 1 IB and a level 1 RP doing exactly the same thing except the IB at one time was chasing me and caught me while sprinting, he just warped and then was there hitting me.

Had something happen in Mourkain Temple as well, two WE's warping all overthe place, through the ground, through structures, through terrain....very odd.

It might have been innocent and lag of some kind, but i figured i'd let GOA make that determination.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It might have been innocent and lag of some kind, but i figured i'd let GOA make that determination.

Assuming that this is some kind of a hack how much time would you give Mythic to fix it before taking consequences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom