Widescreen TFT

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I'm looking for a widescreen TFT but after googling a bit I can only find good 17" or 23"+ reviews.

I'm actually looking for 19-20"

Any TFT guru's in dah house? :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tom said:
I saw an Apple in PC World not so long back with a huge w/s tft screen. It looked damn fine

amazon sells that for ~1500eur. here in holland it sells for ~2000eur. how crap :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, if you ever wanted to I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would hold it for you. You could get a ferry across and pick it up, just take a laptop with you (for customs proof), miles cheaper.

TdC

tbh I'd really love to, but sadly I'm quite poor atm, as all my funds are channeled directly into my holiday account in preparation for New Zealand in a month.

anyone know what the pixel cycle rate is on the Mac screens? there's an iiyama with something like 14ms iirc. hope the 23" mac beats it really :)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Thought about getting a cheap Medion LCD TV? They are generally widescreen (15:9), are both a TV and a monitor (although not the greatest, resolutions only 1280 x 768, but bloody cheap). They start at 23" for £640, suppose that's a bit big for you, but at that price...

No idea where you might get them in belgium though, Dabs stock them in the UK. I have the original 30" version, now discontinued for a slighly worse version, and it's a great TV, and a pretty good monitor (doesn't compare to my Sony HS-94P though).

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I have a Medion 19" LCD but I'm not really happy with the performance in fast moving games....

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Thats the good thing about my one, DVI + 16ms responce time, had no problems with fast moving games (not that I play many on the TV, mainly fast-moving movies), oh well!

Is the monitor being widescreen important to you, or do you just want a good 19-20" monitor? If so, look at the viewsonic VX910/912, they can be picked up for circa £400. I'd throughly recommend the Sony HS-94P, but it's about £100 more (sony made a mistake with mine and I got £100 off).

TdC

that sony looks to be the biz tbh. 12ms response times, lots of niceness...and reasonably cheap. it retails here in holland for a smidgin over 600eur. which is about 30% of the price of a 23" mac screen heh.
one to remember for the massive upgrades I'll be doing next year.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I would prefer a widescreen yes, but all I can find atm are 17" or 23" models.
19-21" widescreens are hard to find....

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
There's not really a market for widescreen monitors yet (in fact the market for 19" monitors only kicked off relatively recently, as the cost of procuding LCD panels has dropped dramatically and production techniques improved), it hasn't really caught on, in fact it's pretty hard to find widescreen CRT monitors!

I expect that to change relatively soon though (next couple of years) as the market for TV's will head towards HDTV and LCD TV. Unfortunately this doesn't help you now!

The only prob I have with my sony is that it's not true colour (only 16.2 Million, not 16.7), but who notices that 3% of colours are missing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom