Why!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Therion

why Arent there any blood and guts in this game...

thats my biggest question..

more things that would make the game more fun....

1: some ultra tasty final kill anims as u kill mobs.. (slice and dice)
something like they had in the fallout games :D

2: Scars

3: broken used armors (scratches and rust etc..)

4: BLOOOD

5: More scary mobs that sneak up and attacks u (would scare the shit out of any one if a mob un stealthed behind u and just grab u with his bloody fangs and bite u leg off (killing blow critical death hit or something).

what i whant is more feeling in the game lots of cool textures on weapons and armors make them more diffrent maby make some cool plate armor with spikes or high necks or helms with dragon wings , horns etc.... just more details that adds more feeling.. other wise i think this game will die with in maby 1 - 2 years as the grafic get better and better...

and blood and gib is always liked.. it just adds that speciall feeling of war, death and mayhem...

well now ill probebly get flames with aa think of the childer and stuff and the under aged that may get infuled by this killing crap..

well i been playíng games (action) seens Commando Lybia on C64 and i havent killed or hurt any one yet..

And what underage kid owns a visa card?

love and shit from ur favorit minstel

O

old.Tohtori

A few reasons.....

LAG, more detail, LAG, more stuff to upgrade, LAG, more stuff to patch, LAG..did i mention LAG? And before you say it couldn´t affect that much. Trust me it does...

And btw, blood and guts isn´t in this game..not everyone likes them...play something that does :p

O

old.Tohtori

not saying i don´t like them or if i do...just sayiong not everyone does...screw the children

O

old.stroke

Most games have a Gore toggle on/off.
I agree. Blood, and more animations in general(emotes, death etc) would be nice.

T

Therion

Originally posted by Tohtori
A few reasons.....

LAG, more detail, LAG, more stuff to upgrade, LAG, more stuff to patch, LAG..did i mention LAG? And before you say it couldn´t affect that much. Trust me it does...

And btw, blood and guts isn´t in this game..not everyone likes them...play something that does :p

well in time lagg can be removed as technoligy move forward and not backward..

O

old.Tohtori

Perhaps then we´ll get blood and gore and even more fire blasts :p But now we just have to bite the bullet since..well...usually people make games to the maximum limit and over before they start to take stuff out for gameflow reasons.

O

old.Kelmon

If you want mobs that sneak up and backstab you while stealthed, play withe the Svartalv Infiltrators in Malmo. ;)

B

Bodzilla

Originally posted by Blacktorn
why Arent there any blood and guts in this game...

emain/keep raids would produce so much blood that people would drown...

O

old.Hendrick

Ever heard of the Expansion Pack that is due at the end of the year? Featuring better graphics and other cool stuff.

O

old.stroke

Hehe.. End of this year, is that the official date, or when it's supposed to have been translated?

O

old.Hendrick

... I can see into the future. I knew someone would post something like that, Sluugh :)

O

Ottar

> LAG, more detail, LAG,

Nah, i aint LAG. Ordinarily, there is no lag. When bunch of people come together, like defended siege or a relic raid, the LAG is so bloody huge it aint gonna make any difference if there be 4 times more of it.

The cause it's there is the bloody stupid architecture of the GFX engine. Quite probable Mythic didn't run into it until most of the game was already done. Still kinda pissed their QA let it pass.

Ottar

L

Luuna

The damaged armour, weapons and player could be really nice though. With the next patches (1.45+) they are (apparently) bringing in new textures to armours etc so lets see how it turns out.

K

kain_pravus

Muhahahah just imagin what the rib seperation move would look like, could be funny

O

old.Kladen

at this stage we aint all on cable modem yet coz its costly. maybe later in the future maybe we can get blood and nice animations like

fireball makes their skins darker and ice makes em more pale.

and when they die with melee should cut em in half or something nice like that :D

very much doubt this game would get gore.

maybe in the future :eek:

O

old.logun

i been playing games a while now and i'm not entirely sure how the graphics effect lag, but a friend of mine has a theory which sounds pretty spot on. the information passed back and forth will always be the same, but it isnt all the stuff some folks think it is, its basicly a plot method which tells others connected to a server where others are, and which graphics to load from your own HD to see them as they are, so being on cable or a crappy dial up wont make much difference as far as that theory goes. i believe this theory otherwise MMORPG's would be basicly impossible to play.

as for all the extra textures, well it comes down to computer spec's, to have a high rez game with amazingly smooth graphics and allot of particle effects (blood spells fire etc) can take allot out of a machine, meaning if they did decide to add blood, knackered armor etc not everyones computer could handle it.

the new graphics engine does look very impressive and i hope they dont totally gimp the game everquest: luclin style, with there improved graphics engine thier game went to hell in a big stinky pan very quickly for allot of people :)

and although the current graphics engine isnt as spiffy as some newer games i am really impressed by it at times, the small amount of smoke comming from a fire ball as it is in flight, the little things like that i really find fun, they didnt have to take the effort to make it but they still did :p

just a thought heh soz if its a long boring read

O

old.stroke

Originally posted by Kladen
at this stage we aint all on cable modem yet coz its costly.

Effects wouldn't have to be serverside. A simple check could be made when connection, checking so that all textures are correct (not exchanged for white player skins that glow in the dark).

T

Therion

Originally posted by stroke

Effects wouldn't have to be serverside. A simple check could be made when connection, checking so that all textures are correct (not exchanged for white player skins that glow in the dark).

Are we talking of Daoc now or quake? :m00:

O

old.HiredGoon

oh. thought this was the annual Chess club meeting.

Excuse me...

O

old.ivan

No blood ?

I can give several reasons for that, most of them already mentioned, but the main is less money for mythic/goa reletionship :)

To be able to show blood in the game it would have to be rated 18 in most countries for starters (or 15 if they reduce the amount to hardly noticable), meaning that it wont be sold in as large quantities and thhus undermining the financial success. End of story, btw havent seen any mmorpg feature that gotta be nice effect :)

More gore hmmm might make it alittle bit less boring at times :cool:

O

old.VooVoo

Problem with adding blood, is some countrys won't allow the game to be sold in there borders. Take for exmaple Germany they dont allow any game that involes blood and violence. unless the game is restricted in some way (granted theres normally patches that those countrys can get ot tunr it back on, but i think that would breach the CoC for both mythic and GOA)

Examples of games i know of that had to be changed because of there content

Carmageddon, its 2nd release and TDR2000 was one restricted alot, US had blood but Euros had Zombies, and Aisa area had Robots so it could be released in those areas.

GTA3 i've heard that theres no blood in that and you can't get money of killing people like you can in the US/UK version.

And i know theres been quite afew other games that have been restricted.

Some will same put an option to turn it off, but i'm not sure the respecting countrys would call that viable solution, also if it does have hacking of limbs off it'd have to have 18 slapped on the the game, (like most other games that involve that type of viloence (exluding any mods people do)) which means alot of people won't be able to play, some parents are different and may not allow that kids to play this. i'm not sure how many under 18's we have playing this game, but i guess theres a fair few.

heh not sure why i posted this since highly unlikey theres going to be anything like this added into the game.

A

Ardwan

During the keep raids etc, it isn't really lag that brings the game to a halt, its the Frame rate that drops, due to the crappy gfx engine.
I hardly get any lag at the raids, granted I do have adsl, and anyone in England saying broadband is expensive, I don't really think £30 a month is that expensive for ADSL, just need to be near enough to a BT exchange, and yer in business.

G

Gef

I agree with you Ardwan, you dont really notice latency lag as you can still move around etc, just everybody just stops doing what they were doing for a second. But this is usually due to spikes from the internet, or simply the server at GOA's end getting overloaded. The actual ammount of bandwidth required to run an MMORPG is very little. All you need is a good ping, the most you can get on dial-up is 120ms (?) or near enough. This is because of the time it takes to convert a digital pulse to analogue and back again. Plus dial-up is a lot more unreliable, analogue interference etc. DSL can get pings as low as 5ms and next to no interferrence.

GFX lag is the worst, I got GF4Ti4600 and an Athlon 1.4, in an average keep raid the framerate I get is appauling, sometimes going as far as freezing for 1 - 3 seconds at a time.

You want to add MORE? You think the engine sucks at the moment, just wait till you got more animation/textures/objects to render, then you will see some real slowdown.

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Gef
You want to add MORE? You think the engine sucks at the moment, just wait till you got more animation/textures/objects to render, then you will see some real slowdown.

we have soemthing like version 1.9 of the current graphics engine when the expansion comes out (hopefully at the end of the year) we will have the all new dancing and sing Graphix engine of 4.2 or something the latest version with new textures for everything (us version of the camalot herald) this means that in RVR it will run like a dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom