Sport Why Wimbledon doesn't just have to be for tennis fans

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is getting ridicilous, available for UK only...

All these blocks and such are making the world smaller and smaller again, they're actually...ACTUALLY...receding the internet!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

I agree with toht.. Stop posting shit if it's only for your country! We could be doing the same, but we don't

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thanks kill, fyi, i wasn't saying you were in the wrong, just that the block thing is getting out of hand.

Sweet and cuddly video :D

CorNokZ

Girls? Balls? Cuddling?

Gotta watch this one :D

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Two top players, if that was a higher "Ranked" player, he would of most likely gave that girl a dirty look at walked off, but nah, gave her a hug - top man - then Tommy, starts playing tennis with the kids, legend :)

That's how stars are made tbh - poeple encouraging like that :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
That is really nice didn't someone who was losing do that a few years ago too?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its the BBC you fucking retards. Stump up for a TV license first. Also its a UK forum, what on earth is wrong with posting links to UK only sites?

/rant

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Its the BBC you fucking retards. Stump up for a TV license first. Also its a UK forum, what on earth is wrong with posting links to UK only sites?

/rant

Like i said, it's not Killariens fault, but the system is flawed all the same. IT's backwards and against the whole idea of the internet.

But glad to see that this is your(UK) forum, thank you ever so much for letting us poor foreigners stay here sir.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's got nothing to do with how the internet should work. I-player is designed to supplement the normal BBC output be it TV or radio, all of which we have to pay an annual tax to watch, if we don't pay we get heavily fined. Why on earth should other people be allowed to watch it for free?

Its a big con and to be honest you really aren't missing out on much, most people would be happy to not pay the license and have BBC channels deactivated on their TV.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's got nothing to do with how the internet should work. I-player is designed to supplement the normal BBC output be it TV or radio, all of which we have to pay an annual tax to watch, if we don't pay we get heavily fined. Why on earth should other people be allowed to watch it for free?

Its a big con and to be honest you really aren't missing out on much, most people would be happy to not pay the license and have BBC channels deactivated on their TV.

I'm glad you are speaking for the majority.

The ONLY good programming on TV these days is on BBC for me. I never watch itv c4 or c5 unless there is a movie on, or the odd documentary or comedy on c4.

As for these forums, they are largely UK based, but you have to remember that in the BW days a lot of Euro players came here because the servers were so good. With the Daoc/ Wow forums this became a base for a lot more Euro players. Or is anti-immigration feeling with you so high that we have to close our net borders now as well?

CorNokZ

I have 2 or 3 BBC channels and I fucking pay for it.. Why shouldn't I be able to watch it?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's to do with the cost to the BBC of running it and legal wrangling over the licence rights of the programs. The original idea for iplayer was a non-time limited back catalogue of the entire BBC broadcasting history, every time a new program was aired it would be added to the back catalogue.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Its like the world cup games BBC could not let everyone watch it as every country have distribution deals and if you have to pay to watch Wimbledon in Sweden the bbc could get sued for showing it free.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ITV, Channel 4, and Channel 5 are utterly shit
The BBC is awesome IMO. I'll gladly pay the licence fee for their natural history programmes alone. Their news coverage is far better than ITN. Their web site is far better than any commercial TV channel. Have you seen channel 5's web site? What a joke ! They produce better programmes all round. Stick your commercial channels up your arse.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Quite right, although Channel 4 can be quite good when it's not showing Big "I have aids of the soul" Brother. Ch4 news is top stuff.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
raven your missing the point here,
toht isnt annoyed that he cannot watch iplayer, he's annoyed that someone would link to it on here instead of taking the time to find an ulternate link "wich kill then did" so good on him!

and yes this might well be a UK based forum, but look around!
how many of the members do you think come from outside the UK ?

now if you still dont get the point, then I'm afraid there is no point in explaining it further

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
raven your missing the point here,
toht isnt annoyed that he cannot watch iplayer, he's annoyed that someone would link to it on here instead of taking the time to find an ulternate link "wich kill then did" so good on him!

Actually no, i said quite clearly(i think) that i'm annoyed by the area limit, NOT at killarien... :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
i know your not annoyed at killarien.

but you cant possibly be annoyed at the fact that you do not have access to something that you arent paying for in contrast to the brittish who do pay for that service.

'I surely thought it would have been the fact that poeple lately have been linking alot to this, wich leaves ½ the forum population in the dark

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i know your not annoyed at killarien.

but you cant possibly be annoyed at the fact that you do not have access to something that you arent paying for in contrast to the brittish who do pay for that service.

'I surely thought it would have been the fact that poeple lately have been linking alot to this, wich leaves ½ the forum population in the dark

I'm "annoyed" at the closing down of parts of the internet. It's been happening a lot, on different sites etc.

They shouldn't be paying for it in the first place.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
lots of internet places are "closed" though,
private forums, blogs,

and well in this case it's basicly "TV" just via the modem of Inet,
we also pay licence here in den, infact! we pay some concussion they made up called Media licence wich basicly is the biggest cup of crocpoo you'll ever come across!
basicly it means that the old tv licence has been expanded as to incorperate anyone wich a computer with inet acsses and even smartphones "3g ect"

this "licence" is roughly £120 every 6 mounths. even if you just own a 3G phone, but never use it for Inet accses.!!!

anyway got a bit off track....
I do get why they lock it to the UK only, they pay for it they enjoy the benifits,
it well fits how the rest of the world works.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it's still crap, confusing part is that people seem to agree that it's crap.

It's like setting up boarders in the internet, which goes against all it's meant to be.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well on the topic of tv licence I'd very much agree that it's the biggest pile of shit disguised tax there ever was. I'm beeing forced to pay for a service I never use or for that matter, asked for. I pay for cable, and primarilly watch cable chanels, and the fact that i cannot even choose for my self weather or not to have that service provided for me, is utter bullcrap.

the only way to avoid Media Licence ?
is to not own a TV, a comp or a phone newer than 2000.

so at least from my pov,
if it was up to me, people no matter where in the world come from, should be able to see "lets say" danish tv. provided They pay for it. I do think the days and ways of national tv licence are outdated and jurasic.

but all tenken into consideration, and things being as they are, and with nothing suggestiong that will change any time soon...... I do understand the border limmits.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
They shouldn't be paying for it in the first place.

We absolutely should, and the BBC would not be of the quality that it is if we didn't. It'd end up like all the other channels, full of ads and utterly crap news.

It's like setting up boarders in the internet, which goes against all it's meant to be.

It's actually more like it's a private subscription website, of which there are many on the net, where it's simply too inefficient to have a log-in system and as such it's restricted to UK access.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fair enough, you think they should, i don't.

While local tv licences etc are needed, internet should stay as free as it can.

When something like, say, southparkstudios and bbc, that have been free for all, suddenly start closing people out, it's bad.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bandwidth costs. We're paying for it, why should we have to pay for the load of all the other countries accessing content?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom