Why wasn't I surprised?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So they gave out 30 days for free to people as a comeback campaign, figured go on then why not... about 6 days into those 30 days its fairly clear the game hasn't changed, still mass class imbalanace (with stealthers being at the very high ene of that) and the community is still a bunch of arse licking white knights that don't like people criticising their beloved development team or class imbalances.

That's enough DAOC - again, wouldn't advise trying live again regardless of the 30 day comeback campaign.

Syri

FH is my second home
I think the biggest problem with looking back at MMORPGs is that you see it as so much better for how the game was, but it's actually the community that plays the most part in those memories, or at least I find that anyway. Even if you find an exact recreation of the code and rules of that time, without the same people around, it just doesn't seem the same.
To me, DAoC was a decent game, more or less, for its time, but it was the people I played with that made it really special to log in to. I've found a similar thing with other games as well, going back into it just doesn't feel right, even if it's actually improved as a game.

Himse

FH is my second home
I reopened for 7 free days a while back, logged in, found nobody I knew really (think i grouped once or twice in the Hero zerg) and let it close again.

If i'm going to play an MMO, at least WoW has people playing :<

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why bother? Everyone knows Broadsword have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Its probably best for all that they just turn it off now, its quite sad. Like a boxer getting punched to death because he refused to retire.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why bother? Everyone knows Broadsword have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Its probably best for all that they just turn it off now, its quite sad. Like a boxer getting punched to death because he refused to retire.

The only reason I bothered is that it cost me nothing. It's still shite though, whenever you try and bring up valid points about classes being imbalanced you get the typical juvenile American responses "Git gud" etc, just a cesspit of people who can't let go and go to extreme lengths to tongue the developers arses.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Exactly, just leave the useless fucks to it.

DAOC was once a good game, then it wasn't. The losers that still play it are desperate for it to not die but refuse to do anything to save it, they are the first in line to zerg you down and ruin your enjoyment of the game.

They can go fuck themselves, as can the useless fucks at Broadsword. They won't ever work again, thankfully.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
That's enough DAOC - again, wouldn't advise trying live again regardless of the 30 day comeback campaign.

I would advice to never try daoc ever again to be honest, especially live. The whole experience just ruins some of the best gaming memories.. some things are better left to rest, rather than try to forcefully relive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom