Why the high crime figure?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
OK so was messing about with this new Police.uk thingy where you can see all the crime hotspots in your area.

Was looking at various cities and found a weird stat.

Theres a little street in Liverpool City Centre, and its had 48 reported crimes, which is really high compared with everywhere around it, anyone know Liverpool and know the reason?

The streets called Temple Lane, its off Victoria St apparently and has 48 reported crimes for 2010 which is fairly high for one street (especially a little dead end like this one)

3 anti social
12 violent
32 other
1 robbery

just curious :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll throw a random guess out there;

Bars next to it? High concentration of "brawler bars".

That or the place is filled with dirty snitches :D

Mey

Part of the furniture
Can't really comment 100% as I don't know the street, but from my experinces in Nottingham it is probably a flashpoint (i.e a small street with a high level of nightlife activity around it).

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
There are 5 incidents on my street, 3 Anti-Social behaviour, 1 robbery, and 1 vehicle incident.

They are all at the other end of my road (ie town end) so I guess the asb stuff is just pissheads, I was involved in catching the drunk driver for the vehicle incident (couple of weeks ago some pisshead drove through the (concrete) bollards and nearly knocked over an old lady. One of the residents pinned the bugger down as I called the rozzers.) and I had no idea about the robbery.

There's a lot of old folks flats and disabled flats at that end of the road, so I'm guessing it was someone vulnerable that got done over.

I've been here over 2 years, and bar the drunk driver, it's always been quiet around here, or so I thought...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aren't those numbers just for December 2010?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Aren't those numbers just for December 2010?
Give the observant one a lollipop! :)
Those figures are for crimes reported during December 2010 ALONE.
12 in the immediate vicinity of my place. 11 for ASB and 1 for "other".

If you travel 1 mile to the west it's 86!
7 burglaries, 38 ASB, 1 vehicle, 10 violent, 30 "other".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Loads of clubs and bars in that area. Long time since I lived in Liverpool but I don't remember that being a particularly nice area after dark even then.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I work on the main IT system for the manchester police and a lot of the higher numbers we've been seeing on ours are what we call 'Beat Centroids'.

Basically when people enter the address details in, a search is done, if an exact match isn't found it uses the co-ordinates of the centre of the area mentioned in the search terms. So it tries the street, then district, then area and finally the centre of the whole force.

So if that's in the centre of liverpool it could be the centre of the beat for all the crimes that happen in the centre of liverpool where people have had trouble entering in an address. :)

Hope this makes sense/Helps.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep, it's 'cause the system's a load of bollocks.

/looks up own street tho :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
ololololololololol
There's been 157 crimes within 1 mile of my home since Dec 2010!
Top crimes in my area are:
anti-social-behaviour: 78 (50%)
other-crime: 34 (22%)
violent-crime: 26 (17%)
... burglary: 13 (8%)
vehicle-crime: 5 (3%)
robbery: 1 (1%)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
My street had 1 incidence of anti social behaviour and that's it. Considering we are the only people living on the street under the age of 70, and it wasn't us, one wonders what the old fuckers have been getting up to.

Gwadien

Mind you, mine should be double, triple what it is there but the police are too busy in the local Tesco Cafe to take care of the chavs :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
checked mine when it was first released, not overly suprising

anti social etc = at or near pubs
robbery/violence = council estate (who saw that coming)
car crime = side roads

odd that !

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Pretty much the same here. Nothing I couldn't have predicted.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
didnt they admit last week that it isnt neccesarily street specific just that they happened near that street?

so if a street is not on the list it is added to its nearest street, so city centres will maybe only have 1 or 2 streets to soak up all their crime stats :p

Gwadien

Doesn't anyone else see this as a really really really really stupid idea? - Obviously, the police are gonna up the pressure on the places which are more crime-ridden, but now the public can see it, they're gonna go hmm, - no crime here, let's go commit burgerly's here, etc :<

Gumbo

FH is my second home
And the following month the stats appear there. I think you're giving the crims too much credit.

Everz

FH is my second home
The ones for our street have all been our house.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom