[QUESTION] Why so many codes?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
If you have already registered your CE code to get into open Beta, you've proved to GOA that you have a valid CE..... which entitles you to play in the headstart, and have the extra 'head' options.

So why is it necessary to have two more codes , one for each of those? I'd have thought after recent experience, reducing the load on the account servers rather than increasing it would be a preferred option....

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
because there is people, who recived free beta codes from applying through website which are not entitled to the head start :flame:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
LMFAO it's easy to enter a few codes. Can't see what all the fuss about

Naybuff

Fledgling Freddie
i got a free beta key from this site.. which i'm so greatfully for.. which made me go out and buy the CE after playing the game. so have no need for the CE beta key.
My brother used to CE beta code so would have diffent details..

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Realy ? At that ? Should drink more tea ;)

Extra codes are prob there so you can trade em if you want to. As it says on the first confirmation email for headstart "Certain components could not be activated because they are incompatible with your account. We would like to advise you that those keys can be used to activate products on another account.". So should of ebayed Camp ;)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Realy ? At that ? Should drink more tea ;)

Extra codes are prob there so you can trade em if you want to. As it says on the first confirmation email for headstart "Certain components could not be activated because they are incompatible with your account. We would like to advise you that those keys can be used to activate products on another account.". So should of ebayed Camp ;)

Although you certainly can trade them, seems a little strange just to have them purely for trading, but maybe that's it.... since I was keen enough to get the CE, I'm absolutely certain mine are not for trade though :)

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
You have to remember that all characters etc to do with OB were wiped. The only info that survived the wipe was the fact that a lot of people are on the database as having played. So a CE and SE code enables that person to play a few days early. Those who only get the retail cant enter their details till the 18th. On top of that those who were on the database as having played in beta will get 7 days extra - that dont matter if you have headstart or not - everyone registered in beta gets 7 days free. So I guess having several codes makes sense to distinguish between who's who.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
You have to remember that all characters etc to do with OB were wiped. The only info that survived the wipe was the fact that a lot of people are on the database as having played. So a CE and SE code enables that person to play a few days early. Those who only get the retail cant enter their details till the 18th. On top of that those who were on the database as having played in beta will get 7 days extra - that dont matter if you have headstart or not - everyone registered in beta gets 7 days free. So I guess having several codes makes sense to distinguish between who's who.

Only if all the codes are wiped out as well - otherwise, the GOA database knows who was in CE since they have a CE code in their account details, therefore would automatically qualify for headstart and the 'heads' options - unless, of course as suggested, the idea was those codes would be 'tradeable'. Since they didn't wipe the account database for open Beta (closed Beta folks didn't need a new account, so obviously their account data was kept, altough of course all character data goes at each stage of the Beta) it just seems weird if they would do a wipe now.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
I was in closed beta so i didn't have to add the CE open beta key to my account in order to play.

There is no way for GOA to know that i'm entitled to be in the CE headstart without me entering a CE HS key, so i'd guess that's why it's seperate from the CE open beta key.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I was in closed beta so i didn't have to add the CE open beta key to my account in order to play.

There is no way for GOA to know that i'm entitled to be in the CE headstart without me entering a CE HS key, so i'd guess that's why it's seperate from the CE open beta key.

Fair point. Still leaves me wondering about needind seperate headstart and 'heads' codes though after you have registered a CE key, apart from 'trading'.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Fair point. Still leaves me wondering about needind seperate headstart and 'heads' codes though after you have registered a CE key, apart from 'trading'.

Afaik, the heads are tied to the CE retail key and are nothing to do with the pre-order codes.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Guess they had to split it into multiple keys to do the pre-order CE box thing, but 3 keys for folks ordering standard editions now is kinda silly - agreed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom