Why not to use 2h as SB

Z

zapzap

Found this post http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=57825427&replies=22

I have not tested it to alot but the few times i have duel with 2h I have been blocked parried evaded alot more then normal.
Fot those that can be assed to read it all :

Test 1
------

For the control group test, we ran 1099 trials. Brandyn equipped a shield in his offhand and attacked me only with his mainhand.

Attacks: 1099
Hits: 516 (47.0%)
Evades: 488 (44.4%)
Misses: 93 (8.5%)
Fumbles: 2 (.2%)

This establishes the baseline amount that I evaded; 44.4%. This should be applicable if a sword and board attacker or a 2h attacker is attacking me.

Test 2
------

The next test I had Brandyn equip 2 2.4 delay weapons and attack me dual weild. Brandyn's offhand skill at this time is 1+13.

Attacks: 1803
Hits: 1188 (65.9%)
Evades: 385 (21.4%)
Misses: 224 (12.4%)
Fumbles: 6 (.3%)

As you can see, merely equipping an offhand weapon has a halving effect on my evade rate.

Zapsi

C

Cozak

SS did not load for me, anyone else have same problem?

H

hoden

my sb is only 48 and have not done much rvr yet , but i have already worked out after testing on albs , that my 2h sword does more damage than my 2x 1h weapons on a PA , the follow up styles are not that different . most the time the damage is about the same however my PA with a 2h weapon can go much higher than 2x 1h weapons even with crits .

like Silenzio said you just carry a 2h and use it to do PA when you can , i move about with sword and la , and a lot of time if i`m meeting inf`s etc dont have time to change , however on tanks and caster the 2h sword works great . once the PA is done i`ll cd then change to sword/la and style away , it also adds a bit of fun to hunting , i have 1 shot a couple of casters with my 2h sword but as yet have been unable to 1 shot anyone at my level or higher with sword/la .

my spec is 42 sword/la 35 stealth 39 cs and rest envom .

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by hoden
my sb is only 48 and have not done much rvr yet , but i have already worked out after testing on albs , that my 2h sword does more damage than my 2x 1h weapons on a PA , the follow up styles are not that different . most the time the damage is about the same however my PA with a 2h weapon can go much higher than 2x 1h weapons even with crits .

like Silenzio said you just carry a 2h and use it to do PA when you can , i move about with sword and la , and a lot of time if i`m meeting inf`s etc dont have time to change , however on tanks and caster the 2h sword works great . once the PA is done i`ll cd then change to sword/la and style away , it also adds a bit of fun to hunting , i have 1 shot a couple of casters with my 2h sword but as yet have been unable to 1 shot anyone at my level or higher with sword/la .

my spec is 42 sword/la 35 stealth 39 cs and rest envom .

thats all nifty and good , that you can 1 shot a caster , but 99,99% of your fights will be against other stealthers...well unless you wanna sit on ya arse for hours and wait for that lone caster , or only use your SB in keep takes/defends..

M

Muh

Originally posted by Silenzio
copy and paste link...

reason to use 2h
[SCREENSHOT]

rr4 kobold vs rr5 infil

crit with 2h than swith 1h

easy
:)

You hit for 446 with 1h on CD, _WHEN_ str debuffed?
that infil has to be nude, unbuffed and sitting!

D

Denisée

Lets seee. The reason most people do not use 2h is because then you will only be able to use one type of poison, you'll hit once every millenium, something that gives the other stealthers a great advantage since they get more time to get in the stun and they can hit you 2-4 times betwin everytime you'll hit them.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Muh

I'll second that... I never hit an even con infil for that much dmg with CD..well maybe one's maybe with the wind and sun in my back , and the infil bend over and lub'd up...nope not even then....

P

Profan

Doesn't say anywhere that the sb hitting is debuffed... The screen is from the infil's point of view and it's him getting debuffed :p

M

Muh

Originally posted by Profan
Doesn't say anywhere that the sb hitting is debuffed... The screen is from the infil's point of view and it's him getting debuffed :p

good point, guess my reasoning was a bit flawed there :p
but still, 446 on cd with 1h, I've never ever come close to that kinda dmg..

O

old.Emma

Its not possible with 1h, but certainly with 2h, hardest i been hit by a CB using no CS attacks (PA/BS2) is 704 damage ;p obviously a crit on a high damage hit, style used was Garrote btw ;p

I was buffed with 29% slash resist, but the game has a tendancy to sometimes mess up and you sudenly get hit for Cap damage ;p

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/umm-wtf-ouch2.jpg

C

Caeli

2H PAs...
1. Line up.
2. Wack PA.
3. Set alarmclock for 5 mins, go take a powernap.
4. Come back and wack CD, by now anyone with half a brain has had the time to sprint away, mash engage, slam you, instastun you etc. CD failed, prepare to /release.

1H PA will have CD come much faster after PA making it almost impossible to do anything. If you have decent envenom the debuff will take away loads of hps and it doesn't really matter that PA does less damage then it would with a 2H. Can land 2 poisons with 1Hs aswell.

Tho 2hander is fun for twatting casters senseless.

It's all about how you want to play i guess, but I've had much more luck with 6+15 LA and DR then I've had with 2H vs someone that's not afk/sitting/naked.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Muh

af 102 mp armour purp buff...

right out from atk so no damge or debuff on
and sorry think even cd was 2h :)

O

old.Emma

Even 2H PA`s can be a joke sometimes ;p

Think i managed a massive 468 on Walkers Sorc with 2H War Cleaver

Last i checked my warrior gets PA`d by infs/shades for more than that ;p

C

Cami

2h is good, if you got a fast axe, gl getting one :|

mine is 4.7 spd, i try to use it all the time, just brought mine back from retirement. When using buffs the delay isnt that bad.

The damage im doing is actually rather ok, hit a sc'd zerker with tg haub in a duel for 350 damage with hamstring w/o crit. None of us where buffed.

S

Solid

2H only works when you plan to finish a figth in 2 or 3 swings (usually casters and lowbies) or you are assisting in a "stealth gank group" or something.

for 1v1 level 50 assasin fights 2H holds more disadvantages than advantages. Anyone disputing this basic fact is delirious.

Perf and BS styles are designed to favour the fastest weapons possible simply due to the nature of how PA style damage is calculated.

This is evidently seen by Nightshades perfing with their insanely fast weapons and buffbot 20% haste and 250 Quickness. They hit plenty hard even tho many of them have an effective weapon swing speed of ~2.0 seconds.

M

majkster

Originally posted by aveh
anyone who posts a screenie and claims it is proof to do spec X or weapon Y should be shorn and shagged by a new zealander like the sheep they are.

is that legal in new zealand?

A

Astraad

Nice Screeny there Bleam. If only 2h had massive crits like that all the time then sb's might actually use em more. Gettin a Perf over 600 is something i find rare nowadays with all the SC and buffs. I average about 400 on buffed infs when im in a stealther group. Perfs over 1k with 2h are rare even on casters

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Astraad
Nice Screeny there Bleam. If only 2h had massive crits like that all the time then sb's might actually use em more. Gettin a Perf over 600 is something i find rare nowadays with all the SC and buffs. I average about 400 on buffed infs when im in a stealther group. Perfs over 1k with 2h are rare even on casters

Perfs over 1k on casters are impossible unless there shields are down or there sitting. Atleast thats the case for SB`s. Infs still manage it though on standing targets :/

On a sitting target 2H rocks though can dish out some uber damage ;p

Shame its not often you get the chance to hit a sitting target cos most of the time there bait ;p

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/if-only.jpg

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/in-dream-land.jpg

A

astarib

In bg1 my 2h norse critblade has beaten all but 1 inf/ns i've met in a 1vs1 fight ... even if they have managed to pa me in 20 secs average 1vs1 fight i can output 5 100-200 swings with no crits, and 19 env gives good dot poisens ... who has 750 hits in bg1 ???

A

Astraad

Bg1 and lv 50 RvR are very different as far as assassins are concerned

O

old.Emma

SB`s are fine BG1 because infils/shades dont evade much. with only 15% chance to evade you can live with one swing getting evaded in every 8.

Unlike at lvl 50 where its like 1 in 2 swings ;p

Users who are viewing this thread