Why not in BF1942?

L

lojik

This is a direct extract from Antony Beevor's book on Berlin...

"The Fuhrer’s response to the onrush of Soviet tank brigades towards Berlin had been to order the establishment of a Panzerjagd Division, but in typical Nazi style, this impressive sounding organisation for destroying tanks failed to live up to its title. It consisted of bicycle companies mainly from the Hitler youth. Each bicyclist was to carry two panzerfaust anti-tank launchers clamped upright either side of the font wheel and attached to the handlebars. The bicyclist was supposed to be able to dismount in a moment and be ready for action against a T-34 or Stalin Tank. Even the Japanese did not expect their Kamikazes to ride into battle on a bicycle."

I think they definately need a new class of Hitler Youth in this game complete with bike and shopping basket :)

D

Deathwatch

heh
that'd make the anti-tank a bit more fun to play :)

S

Summo

They should also create a new map simply called 'Home' with a 'Lonely Wife' class which wanders the map looking for stationed American GIs. They can be won over with the promise of chocolate or silk stockings.

W

Will

So, we've got 'Piano Tuner', 'Lonely Wife', and 'Kid on a Pushbike' classes to be added...

Makes me taking up BF 1942 base-jumping seem a bit boring.

X

xane

What about the russian doggies trained to run under tanks, with explosives on their backs ?

I think we should have "Home Guard", change the voices to "Don't Panic Mr Mannering", "We're Doomed", "My Mum says so", "Stupid Boy", etc, and issue everyone with pitchforks and broom handles, replace Shermans with Delivery Vans, then play for 10 years until everyone dies of old age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom