Why not BG2?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
The battlegrounds are my favourite part of the game, and to be honest I am (as I suspect many others are) a little sad when I cap out and have to leave. Whats more frustrating is having to go 10 levels just to play in BG3.
Why do people not play BG2 as much?
Can people just not be bothered or is there a good reason that I am missing?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
24 to 30 isnt really a hard path tbh, people just tend to lvl and farm to get the cash to get the sc template for the lvl 30 bg
Well thats what i think anyway,

But on the other hand dont listen to me i tried to take the bg2 keep with focus pulls solo :p

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
bg1 fatigue ? The time spent wasted running around bg2 looking for a brawl you could probably ding a level , who knows ?
I went a few times myself with various chars and dont ever remember seeing anyone in there, that and everyone wants to be the highest level for the particular bg means the time spent in a empty bg2 would be better spent capping out and going for level 35 where at least you get some decent action and enough of an rp cap that you can prob spend a bit of time in bg3 without capping out.. (though that statement will prob be shot down with a "I capped out bg3 in 20mins" comment) ..
Why is it dead? another theory - I can never remember the name of bg2 so doing a /who bg2 is outta the question so even if there was action i wouldnt even know!

BG2 needs a new spin doctor and some fliers / radio/t.v advertising to get it going... that or nekkid chicks n stuff ...

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
BG3 used to be dead aswell. Think it took a group of people from some realm saying they would be there for set times for a set time period (ok, so my memory is a bit pish :p) and spamming it about on forums/irc to kick start it. If you want to get bg2 going then maybe try doing something similar?

Oh, and bg3 used to be good for arranged duels/small scale fights. I know i got invited to go there on my champ this time last year by someone who'd arranged a 3v3 fight there. It was great fun. :D

Shroomz

Fledgling Freddie
Free Plat just on the floor in BG2 - suckers :) (Might work :) ) :kissit:

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Think a lot of players cant be bothered to make new armour/weapons just for BG2, most will use their BG1 set until BG3 (i know i always do) then make a new set.

Some people do go to BG2 btw, just very few.

If your realm has the CK its quite a nice place to xp, no chanter (insert lame Alb/Mid equivalent here) pl groups stealing every camp spot and you DO get the occasional pvp fight (usually from someone who has had the same idea as yourself, still it's quite rare).

Once spent a fun hour having an emote conversation with a Cabby in BG2 while we xp'd together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom