Why nerf friars?

K

klavrynd

and if you got killed in 5 offhand hits you might want to consider to get your conpoints back :)

P

poi

Last night I was in emain...running around alone when I saw a yellow con caster(elf)...fine np i think...line up PA...miss lefthand hits 67 dmg..prepare doublefrost..hits for 189!!?? +offhand 65..then im stunned..bah IP used:) nuke for 560 540 590 dead.
Ok 189 dmg with Doublefrost?? seams low right..my spec is Axe 57, LA 52, CS 39, stealth 48, env 16. Dont say DF should be nerfed plz

B

Belsameth

it should. but only for SB's

in no way should an assasin do nearly the damage as a zerker...

F

Fafnir

So how many hits do a friar have?

You hit Friarfor 150 +46 damage add or he evades
Friar hits you for 380 (-120)
You hit Friar for 150 +46 damage add or he evades
You hit Friar for 150 +46 damage add or he evades

This is almost what my encounters with Friars looks like, hits harder and faster, parries or evades. I seen that i blocked 1 time against a friar, and i'm shield spec, run into an armsman, and i block like him. They need to fix this about Friars i think, or perhaps rename them to Shaolin Monk.

O

old.mattshanes

Having capped slash resist a zerker hit me for 400-500 in ratmode,when i dueled a friar i was hit for 150-200 but not hardly at all faster(this was several of albs best friars).

S

StormriderX

I tend to avoid friars if I can cause they hit so damn hard :(

A

AbPoon

Shadow zerkers dont hit nearly as hard as a zerker,my style bonus on df is normally more then a sz's total hit damage.

A

Addlcove

seems people here are forgetting something,

DEX/QUI buff dur. 600 sec.
reduce style end use dur 600 sec.
self armor dur 600 sec.
absorb buff 600 sec
haste melee dur 30 sec.

a friar has to recast all his "goodies" every 10 minutes, yes they are deadly in 1on1 IF they get the jump on people and IF their buffs aren´t about to run out, I know several friars that died because they lost selfbuffs.

A

Arnor

so find it harder in zergs, dont see a need to nerf them

riight

friars are a very good class, good for groups, good for solo.

and no they dont need nerfing, but they dont need a boost either.

this=pointless thread, close please

oh, and they own in duels

oh, and by the way, rp-stats=bs, cant use em for SHIT.

RP= how much time you farm in emain/odins/hadrians, thats all its good for, stfuplzkthxbye ;)

J

Juanita

I don't see why friars should be nerfed. They have the same disadvantage as the pure tanks, they need to be next to you to hit you. I expect any class that has to melee to do damage to hurt me.

O

old.Iunliten

Everyone is jealous because they are probably the most Well rounded class in DAoC atm. Up there with Warden, Enchanter, Runemaster.

Good Offence/Defence versus choppy guys
Great Offence/Defence versus spelly guys.

Humm anyone wanna plvl a friar for me? :D

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by Elrond/Ruffting
Friars have armour thats equivalent to chain when you take into account their absorb buff

Not quite. Their total AF is lower.

Friars have an style end reducing buff (name another class that has that?)
Warden.
Friars can get IP!!!
Yes at the same very cheap cost of 23 points (like hybrids).

Friars have 1.5 spec points a level (midgard seers only have 1.0)

Friar isn't exactly a healer class as friars can spec weapons. It's more of a hybrid class, like warden.

A

ashitaka

Originally posted by sharma
why?

state reasons im confused, friars hit hard agreed, we cannot take a lot of dmg though.....

help please.....

I'm sorry, but have been hit in the head with a rock as of late?

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
It is just usually considered unfair when a healing class can outdmg anyone else.

(eg Smite Clerics, Doctors in AO etc..)

which is why mythi are boosting mincers dmge output to put it on par with other rouge classes ? nop me not think so ,, friars are not ovrpowered and shouldnt be nerfed imo ,

S

SilverHood

friars aren't overpowered

they are balanced

everyone else is just unbalanced

Nerf friars!

D

Derric

Nerf paladins,nerf friars,nerf infils,nerf clerics,nerf armsmen,nerf sorcerer,nerf wizards,nerf theurgists,nerf minstrels,nerf scouts,ner healers,nerf shadowblades,nerf druids,nerf wardens,nerf enchanters,nerf mentalists,nerf skalds,nerf bards,nerf hunter,nerf rangers,nerf nightshades,nerf eldritches,nerf shamans,nerf warriors,nerf thanes,nerf spiritmasters,nerf cabalists,nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf!!!!!!!1111
And..and Nolby Pride stinks!!Warders zergs!!!Jenna is fat!!!

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by old.Iunliten
Everyone is jealous because they are probably the most Well rounded class in DAoC atm. Up there with Warden, Enchanter, Runemaster.
:ROFLMAO:

S

SilverHood

nerf thanes

Yeah, nerf us!!!

Can't nerf us anymore atm though... will have to wait a patch or 2 :D

Feels good when you're at the rock bottom... things can only get better

A

ashitaka

Thanes get lovin I hear.. con buff and no timer on DD. Don't you cry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom