Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
diskettemagneet.jpg

;i

*runs from inc Glens once more*

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
heh, :D

Just out of interest what does the note say? Here is the disk I found...

That's where my GCSE german fails.

Dunno if it's actually german but hey! :)

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
something in the lines of "Have found the diskette you were looking for yesterday"

Summo

Loyal Freddie
A normal person might use a magnet to stick a diskette to a fridge. A nerd laughs at those people.

Which are you?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't say you have to be a nerd to laugh at the stupidity of someone using a magnet to pin a floppy disk to a fridge.. after all it doesn't take a nerd to know that the data is stored magnetically.

For the record, I am indeed a total nurdletroth.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Today's been hard. I was looking at that picture trying to work out what the note said, without even twigging that it was pinned to the fridge with a magnet. I though the joke was in the note :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I really didn't have a clue what that pic was about. I was thinking along the lines of a savagely funny punch line written on the letter, but noooo. It has to be a magnet sticking the floppy to the fridge. :(

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
Today's been hard. I was looking at that picture trying to work out what the note said, without even twigging that it was pinned to the fridge with a magnet. I though the joke was in the note :(
Me too!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Whipped said:

Wot he sed

leggy

Probably Scottish
The funny thing is this:

People who thinks it's cool to be a nerd.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I didn't get it either. This means that I'm either not a nerd, or just fucking dense.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The really funny thing is that the magnet most likely wouldn't do anything to the disc. So I laughed at the original (not FW) poster's interpretation of the image :)

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
Geeeek! Nerd is a hurtful term :(

They're actually different things though. I'm a total unashamed geek, because I love, collect and research the following and more: Genre television, sci-fi and fantasy films, comics, "toys", anime and amination and rare video games.

I could not find my way around a PC to do much more than post on this forum if my life depended on it - I barely know the spec of my PC - ergo I am not a nerd.

Tim Bisley is a geek, as is his alter ego Simon Pegg. Ben Affleck and Kevin Smith are geeks. "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and "Looney Toons Back in Action" are ubergeeky films, while "Spaced" is the ultimate geek TV.

A nerd is something completely different. And it is possible and quite usual to be both. In fact, most men are geeks even if they don't know it. My mates swear they aren't but their knowledge of football statistics going right back through history to the smallest details shame my, for example, Star Wars knowledge. Likewise little townie pricks that spend all day tinkering under the bonnets of their Novas with their shirts off are geeks, knowing far more about engines and sad car accessories than I could if I tried. They may laugh at a geek going to a convention dressed as Greedo or Spike or Captain Archer but personally I think it's amusing that they walk around wearing T-Shirts proclaiming them to be their hero David Beckham.

Also, geeks are cooler than nerds. In fact I think we should kick the nerds heads' in! Geek Vs Nerd fight!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry but;

4 entries found for geek.
geek ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gk)
n. Slang

1. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
2. A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

OR

6 entries found for nerd.
nerd also nurd ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nûrd)
n. Slang

1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I just about managed to stop myself *quoting* stuff from the jargon file in here.
:rolleyes:

Someone who knows a lot about something is merely an anorak.
Someone who is proud of being an anorak, is a geek.
Nerds just won't speak to you if you aren't able to name your favourite Blake's 7 character and why in under 2 seconds. Or if you have a sub-6000 gigawatt subwoofer not capable of collapsing into itself, forming a singularity at a mere 0.1% of it's operational power. Or can't tell you how many competitions Liverpool have won during the past 90 years or something.

(what? singularity? oh noes, he is teh geek.)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Someone who knows a lot about football, computers, games, movies, vibrators or barbiedolls ain't a nerd.

Someone who speaks about the stuff -constantly-, everywhere and to everyone is a nerd though.

So even a football hooligan is a nerd.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
You guys seem to know a lot about nerds and are constantly talking about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom