Why everyone should love the new patch

O

old.Hendrick

- Crafters of 1000+ skill will be able to ignore the item quality cap that is
currently in place (i.e. if you are skill 1050 then anything you make, regardless if it is red, orange, etc will have the full chance of being a 94-100 quality item).

Now to get that last level so I can finally work again...

T

Turamber

Can I ask, who buys crafted equipment?

My level 50 character has exactly 308 gold pieces in his (manly) purse. When I see people quoting multiple platinums for level 50 equipment I shudder.

Sure drops aren't as well built as crafted, but they're a damn sight cheaper.

O

old.Hendrick

Base price for a 16.5 dps sabre is 320g. With this new patch it should be possible to get a 100% sabre for around 500g, depending on how lucky I am. That's not too much for a level 50 who can just farm tanglers or DF an hour or two for a bit of cash. If you have a dropped weapon which are only available in 16.2 dps (which dont matter, as dps caps at 16.2 anyway, but some weapon-types are only available in 16.5, like the high-end-thrust pole. This has to do with how the whole system works and should not worry you, basically dps is capped at 16.2) these usually are no good quality, maybe the best being 93/94%.

So a 99% crafted weapon has an effective dps of : capped 16.2 * 0.99 = 16.038

A 93% drop has effective dps: 16.2 * 0.93 = 15,066

That's quite a difference. Now add to this the fact that dropped weapons have a bonus of 25% maximum, while arcanium crafted has 35% when enchanted. Epic armor at level 50 has 35% as well, so if you use a drop on that, you have a 10% penalty to hit/damage, while the drop equals it. The stat bonuses on a drop are not worth this tradeoff in my opinion, as your epic armor and DF equipment gives you more than enough. The only thing that can make a drop a viable choice is a proc/charge, but again, that's limited, while the crafted is just much better overall.

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Well I have close to 3.5 platinum and thats after buying a 16.5 dps sword and enchanting for a total cost of about 400g

300g....level 50s should have way more than that...I'd expect a level 30-35 to have that kinda cash.

O

old.diabolus

hendrick said it, df is the savior everytime i leave df iam 100-150g richer

T

Tenko

Yeah, My main chars are in their 30s and have plenty of gold.

Now if one of them actually used weapons I'd maybe buy something from a crafter :p

K

kr0n

1h tanglers = ~150g... Duo. With arrow merchants and a enh cleric with /autosplit -s maybe more ;)

T

Turamber

Aye, but small man tangler units are not much of an option for a Paladin ... not really what I want to be doing either to be honest. But yes, DF is good for cash -- thats where my 300 gold came from.

All the gold I've had has been spent on wood for keep doors or given to friendly & guildee crafters. Maybe Mythic will open the Bank of Albion in an upcoming patch and I can get a loan.... :)

O

old.Krusha

wait for alchemy and spellcraft to get here, and crafted will be the only choice (drops will be SO useless :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom