why does no1 need a tailor?

English

Fledgling Freddie
Since I hit LGM on my tailor. Ive noticed that nearly No-One neeeds me to craft for them. Since Foundations it is probably cheaper to go look on the market trader and find the cheapest bargins, therefore no-one orders them at a set price from me.

IMO Foundations is only an advantage in the first few towns when you enter, because people dont want to travel far to shop

I dont know if you other tailors have the same problem, but i must of done about 1 99% order in the last week.

well from what i know from m8s, orders have reduced.

please post opinions about this topic because id like to hear what you other crafters feel about foundations and crafting. If its been a boost for your crafting profit or if its been a disadvantage.

thnx

P.S LGM Tailor Taking Orders ( lvl 50 only please ) - PM Federz

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
when ppl needs TOA templates they will need tons of MP stuff to cap it all i guess... should be pretty good :)

but yes... no1 is ordering stuff anymore... atleast not tailorstuff... i have a but luck with AC but mostely to friends... :wub:

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
It could be that getting Lgm Tailor is relatively cheap to do (about 3p ish) so there are quite a few around.

Also people will travel all over the foundations to get what they need.....i have and other guildies i know have.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
English said:
please post opinions about this topic because id like to hear what you other crafters feel about foundations and crafting. If its been a boost for your crafting profit or if its been a disadvantage.
Well Ive managed to sell a few things on CM that otherwise I doubt Id have managed to get rid of at all - weapons for unusual spec lines etc.

But to sell anything it has to be at a "attractive" price when found via the search merchant.

Not too bothered about that - really just trying to minimise my losses after capping WCer, and get anything at all for 99% crap after MP orders - but anyone hoping to make any sort of profit is going to have a VERY hard time.

As for not getting many orders as a tailor: theres far too much 99% stuff for sale on CMs at a lower price than you would be likely to charge to make it (ie far below average cost) and theres just far too many LGM tailors in general (78 1100+ tailors found by duskwave).

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
You still get the occasional pm for something mp if you have /setwho trade on, but i am so busy with toa and items now that i have it off.

Orders i get most as tailor lately: 99% bg1 sets .. :(

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
like the others have said its mostly down to the fact that toa takes away from peoples time to do things like sort out their specs

once people have got their artifacts high and MLs up there, they will start to want to RVR again and thats where ur MP crafted comes into play

My Alch still gets loads of orders for albatives n stuff so people somewhere must be buying somethings :D

why not use a CM they work great :D

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I keep 99% sets on my CM, but maybe I'll extend that to mp sets.. <looks at dwindling plats> erm, maybe later hehe

Malvagio

Fledgling Freddie
Adoctor said:
It could be that getting Lgm Tailor is relatively cheap to do (about 3p ish) so there are quite a few around.

Also people will travel all over the foundations to get what they need.....i have and other guildies i know have.

3p you must be dreaming somewhere under a rock

Malvagio

Fledgling Freddie
well I have a LGM tailor just for tailoring nothing else.

I have hard time to even fill up my CM with tailor stuff.

First on the Morning I fill him up with af96 not (af102 thats to hard to make gold on comp time effort)

full suits ofc when I logg him on at the afternoon the cm have sold out all stuff
and I have to fill him up again this continues day after day

I cant complain about the demand for tailor stuff :)

But my house is in erikkstad where I have my tailor cm I have tested too have a cottage on the other zones but it wasnt soo god as it is now.

I even raise my markup 100% and its still going on at the same rate..

Maybe a port system would be fine to implent ?

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
erikkstad midgard housing zone?

anyway, af96 might be nice, but my house's not near many ACers i dont think, and not near the market, bah :)

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Wel what i try to do when i have funds (spending much on toa) is to go for a MP object wich i will put in CM for 2-3p (sometimes 1p-2p profit if im lucky)

all 99% go into CM at COSTPRICE+5% orso

when i check marketsurvey i usually am 1 of the more cheap crafters.

i just get my profit from the MP pieces i make.

I think that it should be possible to do for a Tailor too, especcially when the demand for MP's i s gonna go up when ppl return from ML to rvr

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
My 99% and MP chain sells like candy in my Cm.
Studded an leather i cant get rid off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom