Why does Brite keep getting banned?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Seriously, its not like its stopped him before he just makes another account and goes back to posting.

Unlike some of the perma banned morons he does actually make some very useful posts too when it comes to template design and various class changes. Could you let him keep an account but maybe ban him from posting on RvR forum as I assume thats where he got banned from.

I just made this post because I wanted to ask him about the changes to the mid suppresion baseline spells but he just got banned again...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure he is banned for a reason, and if your banned, your suppose to be banned, but ok - he keeps making "alt accs" but that don't really helps his case does it? if your banned, stay banned until they remove it tbh, being banned ain't suppose to be fun.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
They won't remove it - ever. According to him anyway. And it's for a very silly reeason to be honest :X

P

Palmer

Aparently Jupiter says i cant have an account or somthing for now!

Dont know what he would know, when do you ever see that guy on these forums, did he even play daoc?

Anyway thanks for careing :p

(insert post farming troll nocare pic here)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

In Before The Ban.

Regarding the Baseline suppresion changes, if you were running a mid group with 2 casters, which ones would provide the best dps?

Also what exactly is the damage difference between a dark sm debuffing the spirit resist and currently? Would there be any difference if a runie was cold debuffing? (no lifetap ofc just talking dps here)

Nate

FH is my second home
Spirit is a resist which is templated less, and harder to get in hib but easier to get in alb, so maybe you could make a decision on what spells to use on each realm now depending on the enemy setup ofc.

P

Palmer

In Before The Ban.

Regarding the Baseline suppresion changes, if you were running a mid group with 2 casters, which ones would provide the best dps?

Also what exactly is the damage difference between a dark sm debuffing the spirit resist and currently? Would there be any difference if a runie was cold debuffing? (no lifetap ofc just talking dps here)

Darkness SM + RC/Dark RM, RM Debuffing 50% Cold

SM Lifetap Nuking for 183 damage 2.5 cast time
RM Baseline Nuking for 179 damage 2.6 cast time (Normally 22 + Realm rank varience)

Overall better damage due to SM lifetap doing better damage, with this RM is also able to get Bolts, AE Spears and GTAoE.

Darkness SM + Supp RM, SM Debuffing 50% Spirit

RM Baseline Nuking for 179 damage 2.6 cast time(No Varience)
RM Baseline Nuking for 179 damage 2.6 cast time(Normally 24 + Realm rank varience)

Damage will be slightly lower but its hard to say due to spirit being a neglected resist and cold mainly being capped this would make the damage hard to seperate. Advantages of this are RM being able to get Red Nearsight, Red PBT and Single Target and AE Snare nukes.

Basically its gives RMs the option of speccing for a bit of utlity, people are talking about tri speccing SMs for better pbaoe and demezz, but for mid groups with 2 demezzers already and the blue pbaoe is enough for clearing pets, tri speccing would just lower your damage for not much return.

As for bonedancers, the usual spec is 46 dark 28 supp, so can choose to nuke either spirit or dark, with a little varience on the spirit nuke depending on your realm rank. Bonedancers can go supp spec now and have a good baseline nuke, but with the lifetap on 8 second recast its still not a good line and i wouldnt spec supp because i wouldnt want to loose the darkness pets.

As for best caster duo, SM + RM as usual because they work well together and have the most utility. Although any 2 of the 3 casters will do ok depending on how each are specced, for instance Supp RM and BD wont work as well if the RM was RC spec to debuff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dont know what he would know, when do you ever see that guy on these forums, did he even play daoc?

yes he did used to play daoc
he is the owner of the forum, he pays its subs as it were. he doesn't really need a reason to ban someone :p Though he seems the sort to only do it if he has a reason.

P

Palmer

yes he did used to play daoc
he is the owner of the forum, he pays its subs as it were. he doesn't really need a reason to ban someone :p Though he seems the sort to only do it if he has a reason.

Well i dont know him or have ever spoke to him or seen that name in daoc.

Eggy banned me for saying his guild were zergers twice and it seems he shares that account with Gingy and whoever else as he no longer seems active.

disdain

Banned
i know of someone that got permabanned for telling some pre-nerf warlocks they sucked :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
i remember jup so he must be old school! inf, phoenix legion... right?

this is the first time i've posted in this section for a long while. wowzers!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
SM Lifetap Nuking for 183 damage 2.5 cast time
RM Baseline Nuking for 179 damage 2.6 cast time (Normally 22 + Realm rank varience)

This is what is confusing me. I was under the impression that debuffing before nuking helps alot with variance as well as increasing damage although I am now not sure. So will a baseline nuke that is debuffed (which you only have 20+ Realm Rank in) do much less damage than a nuke, which is also debuffed but you have 50+ skill in?

P

Palmer

This is what is confusing me. I was under the impression that debuffing before nuking helps alot with variance as well as increasing damage although I am now not sure. So will a baseline nuke that is debuffed (which you only have 20+ Realm Rank in) do much less damage than a nuke, which is also debuffed but you have 50+ skill in?

a baseline nuke in a line you have 50 spec in will hit reguarly for 400

a baseline nuke in a line you have 22 spec (PLUS +11 from skills) which means you will have the equivalent of 33 spec in that line..... so your damage varience is 17 levels (33-50) so you will nuke between say 300-400 (just rough example numbers)

The debuff is completely seperate from that. All the debuff does is debuff the targets resists so you dont face any resists, say you hit for 300(-100) when you debuff you will hit for 400, or if you are lucky 420(+20) if you are lucky enough to debuff there resists below 0%.

The debuff is especially nice when coming up with people with resist buffs or heavy tanks and is just generally the highest damage you will get in the game.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There is a difference between a one week ban and a perma ban on FH.

There is also a difference between an adult man living up to his own actions and dealing with the consequences and a spoiled kid with no social intelligence.

:touch:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hehe Jup been around here longer than most of you but was better known on the Barrysworld forums prior to FH.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Aparently Jupiter says i cant have an account or somthing for now!

have to jump in here for jupitus. never been in ootkt but jupitus was one of the major players up to atleast the first four years. stopped plaing after ther s don't know when he stopped playing

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Like it or not like it: FH isn't an official forum for daoc, and it doesn't look like something they would do for profits. But it is a hobby page for a few people.

While I think, DAOC or any other game should look for community pages (if they are used for raid signups, trading, important news) that are run by professionals (either by publishers of the game, or someone who makes a living from those web sites) since Jupiter and his crew calls this place as their home on the web.

They don't have to be fair.
They don't have to be professional.
They don't need to justifiy their actions.
They don't have to give anyone a chance.

They run this place for their own fun, for their own friends. The moment you hurt them, hurt their feelings, you hurt the very reason for the existence of the page, and that is destructive to the community.

You can blame GOA for not having a community hub that is managed by either them or someone who runs a comercial service where they should be fair.

But you can't blame FH crew for running a page that is here for their fun, in the way it is fun for them, even if you don't like it.

You can have bad oppinions about some moderators, both based on in game conduct or on their conduct here. But they are part of the crew that runs the page for their own fun, and you aren't and they know better what is fun for them.

You are free to run your forum. If you feel that a ban should be gone, you can email them. If they have to look after you, ban you again and again, they will do their best to find you and ban you, and it makes things bad to worse.

If you don't do such stupid tricks, but you are missing from the community they want to keep here, they might let you back :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
GOA used to have official boards but they got rid of them because they didn't want to answer questions or see problems

A problem ignored is a problem solved after all!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I feel that Brite should take it up with Jupitus and ask nicely if he will be allowed to return. If Jup says no, then Brite should give it a rest, or try a new approach with one of his army of alt accounts and try not to get everyone rilled up.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Couple of points of clarification:

1) I don't own FH - That's Deebs and TedtheDogs' mantle. I am, however, an admin and whilst Deebs and Ted are busy with other things I tend to do the running of things.

2) As some have pointed out, I DID play DAOC for a long time. I was playing during beta and then live on Alb/Pryd from day one. I was GM of Phoenix Legion when Defoe stopped playing and was also part of the fun (and often arguments) of the Unity of Albion Alliance which did alot of good things back in the day. I was on Kemor's Eyes and Ears team when it first started, I sometimes proof-read the Friday news, deliberately leaving in Kemor's unwitting poor English, and I also did GOA events behind the scenes. I did leave the game a while ago, but I do know many of the players and the mods for FH.

3) Perma bans are pretty much that. Sometimes people are persistent enough to get on my tits and if I really want to I can pretty much track them down at will and nuke all alts.... it's just a time thing. If someone picks up a perma ban, and crates an alt to be able to just read about raids or register interest in attending a raid, then I would usually turn a blind eye. People who keep posting in the same pointless style that got them banned in the first place go on the kill on sight list for the mods.

Generally, behave yourselves and you'll be fine, get on our nerves and we'll get right back on yours.

For those who remember:

MON THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom