Why do you do less dmg....

Ging

Part of the furniture
on enemys who are alot higher rr. Is there any study to quantify the bonus/penalty?

I am taking into account that someone who is rr10 will probably have a load of aom/tough/pd wich will ofc reduce dmg done.

It something ive always taken for granted and noted throughout playing this game over the years but im just curious to see if there has even been any specific testing done to quantify.

Obviously a rr10 would have alot more offensive + defensive toys at their disposal but these days so do the lower rr's.

Taking the xreamling issue a side has anyone stripped ra's with an mid rr10+ and an alb rr2 for instance and tested?

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
It dont matter, all 1 vs 1 are fair and should not be added on. ;)

ok soz, was bored. ;)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
ive definatly noticed a difference in my damage output as my realm ranks got higher.

most noticable was a step from rr2 - rr3, going from not being able to hit for toffee to actually competing. (and this wasnt due to mop etc as i was saving for purge2).

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Toughness don't make you take less damage, it only increases your hp. Higher realmranks often has better templates and use stuff like spec-af charges.

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
Higher RR gives u less +skill in template needed for caping the base skills (u can lower your stealth, shield or weapon skill to make it equal efective) so if u put less imbue points in +skill u can put those points in higher resists, therefore u get less dmg.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Mmm I think you gain AF when you ding RR5, this should be one reason.. another is ofcourse more PD/AOM on high rrs, use of better items..

and the low RR has less skill points = lower damage..

:drink:

Ging

Part of the furniture
moik said:
Toughness don't make you take less damage, it only increases your hp. Higher realmranks often has better templates and use stuff like spec-af charges.

I agree but im talking from my personal pov, and i always rvr with very expensive and capped templates. But still hit for less than a higher rr alt that doesnt actually have any of the dmg increasing passives.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
pre rr5 you do not benefit from the lvl 51 armor to 100%
Neither do you use all 16.5 dps from a weapon

So being <rr5 means less armor and less dps.
(think its 16.2dps and 100af instead of 16.5 and 102)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Anarawan said:
Higher RR gives u less +skill in template needed for caping the base skills (u can lower your stealth, shield or weapon skill to make it equal efective) so if u put less imbue points in +skill u can put those points in higher resists, therefore u get less dmg.
:eek7:

I always use +11 hammer in my template, wether im rr1 or rr11..

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
ofc you should have +11 to the wep line you use style lines from, i think what he means is you can have 40+11 slash and use DW styles, and have same dmg as 50+11 :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anarawan said:
your template sucks then.
er no, his template is optimized. ofc if you are going for 51 effective (or 50 effective stealth or envenom) you change your spec, not your template. Also your WS goes up the higher you spec so personally i always cap everything in my temps.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Urgluf said:
Mmm I think you gain AF when you ding RR5

RR5 is effectivly level 51 so you unlock the full potential of your weapons/armour which are all level 51.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
RR works almost like Level as a hidden defence stat in the machine. The higher RR you are the higher miss rate and lower damage your opponent gets. Just like a lvl49 does less dmg on a lvl50 than on a lvl48, a RR7 does less dmg on a rr9 than on a rr5.

Also Spell Resistance calculations are based on the Level of the Spell compared to the Level AND Realm Rank of your opponent, so rr9 people resist a lot more mezz'es etc than rr3 people. ;)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
RR works almost like Level as a hidden defence stat in the machine. The higher RR you are the higher miss rate and lower damage your opponent gets. Just like a lvl49 does less dmg on a lvl50 than on a lvl48, a RR7 does less dmg on a rr9 than on a rr5.

Also Spell Resistance calculations are based on the Level of the Spell compared to the Level AND Realm Rank of your opponent, so rr9 people resist a lot more mezz'es etc than rr3 people. ;)

Seriously mate who told you that? Only difference RR makes is +skill and the af/dps boost at rr5.

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
er no, his template is optimized. ofc if you are going for 51 effective (or 50 effective stealth or envenom) you change your spec, not your template. Also your WS goes up the higher you spec so personally i always cap everything in my temps.

But has u know very well you can't cap all in one template it's impossible. If u cap skills and sats u cant cap resistes or vice versa.

And has Calo said that he would have the +11 skill even being a RR11 is not the right aproach imo.

The +skill points in WS (past 51) dont worth the imbue points that will be better in resists or toa bonuses.

But that is not a linear thing. I prefer to cap the resists and lose +skill.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
10 more rrs is 5% more style damage plus the 2% extra AF and damage from the level 51 cap

the rest will be from aug stat RAs as well as improved resists RAs

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anarawan said:
But has u know very well you can't cap all in one template it's impossible. If u cap skills and sats u cant cap resistes or vice versa.

And has Calo said that he would have the +11 skill even being a RR11 is not the right aproach imo.

The +skill points in WS (past 51) dont worth the imbue points that will be better in resists or toa bonuses.

ofc you can, it just costs more/takes longer

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Dr_Evil said:

Think someone forgot to tell my account that i should resist mezz more at rr10 cause it doesn't seem to work :<

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Anarawan said:
Grow some template-making skills. ;)

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Anarawan said:

Ofc you can, you just need high utility jewelry.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Anarawan said:

If you use that lines styles (in his case hammer, the only styles he will have access to) you get more damage by adding +11 skill, even if it exceeds 51.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
so funny how people claim that any class can suffice with 51 effective weaponspec :p. all the vampiirs posting their templates on vnboards with only +6 pierce in it, etc, heh

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
so funny how people claim that any class can suffice with 51 effective weaponspec :p. all the vampiirs posting their templates on vnboards with only +6 pierce in it, etc, heh

shhh let them :)

more rps for me :D :clap:

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Brack said:
Think someone forgot to tell my account that i should resist mezz more at rr10 cause it doesn't seem to work :<

Might be just me but I noticed a real difference on my char once it started to get higher RR. Then again, I might just be imagening things as I have no real proof.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Anarawan said:
your template sucks then.

lol clueless :D
only stealthers decrease their stealth when their rr increase cuz you dont gain anything from stealth over 50ish afaik (could be wrong cuz i´m a bit clueless about stealthers too but thats what stealthers told me)
casters dont need to go over 50 either, but for tanks more +hammer (for example) = more weaponskill = more dmg = more good xD

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
lol clueless :D
only stealthers decrease their stealth when their rr increase cuz you dont gain anything from stealth over 50ish afaik (could be wrong cuz i´m a bit clueless about stealthers too but thats what stealthers told me)
casters dont need to go over 50 either, but for tanks more +hammer (for example) = more weaponskill = more dmg = more good xD

casters get more dmg from +skill too :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom