:*( why do we play games we don't like? :*(

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
no, acually its not their choise anymore. not if they want anything that even resembles "good" groups..

think about it. how many hardcore rvr groups will invite someone who refuse to use voice comms for one reason or another?

Honestly, none. It would be 1st question asked.

Ctuchik said:
me, i dont use those programs for the simple fact that i dont wanna hear a guy thats on the breaking point to get his "man voice" while playing a female toon. it totally and utterly destroys everything i have left when it comes to the RPG factor in this game.

Thats where we are fundamentally different, I play to have fun, not immerse myself.

Ctuchik said:
/edit: and your statement about "the game changes" is also false, the GAME havent changed that much (ok that sounds wrong but take it the way its meant, not the way it sounds). its YOU whos changing the way you play.

DAOC has changed massively since I started. 4/5 addons. Thats from merely from a game point of view. These add ons have had massive impact on the game dynamics of RVR. Each new class has made huge changes.

The rise of the opted group, from a player point of view, then yes. I now play in a group only, but thats because its fun, you get that when you play with the same bunch of people for a couple of years.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
There are players who are wolves & there are players who are lambs (altho sometimes lambs turn into wolves & vice versa - I've been both). The RvR endgame is massively geared towards the wolves, so much so that most of the lambs simply don't bother with it. But ... the RvR endgame really needs the lambs to be a part of it. The trouble is, there is absolutely zero motivation for them to go there. I really think rewarding participation in RvR in some form in addition to the current system of rewarding winning in RvR is the only way to get the lambs out there, but your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom