Why can't the staff at GOA read english ??

Z

zlair

I know its a French company, but hell, why can't they employ at least one who understand the slightest of english ??

I have now 4 times mailed them, asking them to send my password etc for my 2nd account, and 4 times they have replied giving me my primary account details. I state :

* GAME login
* SUBSCRIPTION login
* Owner of account
* and my email telling them the emain on that account is old and cannot be used, and therefore have to send to the email i give them.

Still the f***ing idi*ts send the account details on the account i ALREADY have details on! I mean, just how stupid can a staff be ? Plz, come on, don't say I pissed some of them off in game, and this is their way to get back at me ? I sure don't hope they r that childish.. Hell, I even donno who plays on the Excalibur server in Albion!

Just like to ask if others are, or were, in the same boat as I ?

Regards,

one player who won't renew account and is seriously pissed until (if ever) he gets the info on his 2nd account!

A

adari

Try to use RightNow! with your working account? :s Maybe that helps, I don't personally believe that they are that stupid tbh :p

T

thorwyntf

They won´t send you any informations about an account to any other email address than the one in the profile of this account. This kinda makes sense, because otherwise I could just send them an email saying "hi, I´m Peter Smith, please send all logins/pw´s of my other accounts (psmith1- psmith25) to this email address...)
My best guess it to contact RightNow, explain them your situation and ask them what informations they require to convince them that it´s actually you and your account.

Hope you´re gonna sort it out... good luck

Z

zlair

I dont rly see anything else than sending them the info i got, ie:

* the above stated
* old passwords on GAME and SUBSCRIPTION
* ask them to check whos paying for it

well, i just send another one, threating to cancel last payments on both account hence ive gotten nothing... luckily according to Danish legislation THEY have to prove they have given me what I payed for in order for them to get payment... kinda hard for them, idd say!

C

cleeve

zlair

They already said on camelot-europe that it isn't enough to just give them passwords etc

bear in mind the hackers had access to everyone's passwords and game logins.

They want -

Game login, pass, sub login, pass, original email that the account was registered to, Home Address, and Cd key i think.

If the Camelot Site was up , you could check the info in the news cos that's where it was posted.

Gl

C

X

Xmi

Originally posted by adari
I don't personally believe that they are that stupid tbh :p

The evidence would suggest otherwise. I personally believe their intentions are good but as a company they are incredibly naive, especially on the customer facing front. After all what would it take to employ someone who could actually write (and understand) English?

One very quick gain would be to seperate out their web servers from their game servers, that way they could actually communicate any issues.

R

Ravenbourne

Bable fish would do a better job than the fucktards they have working for them

X

Xmi

Originally posted by thorwyntf
They won´t send you any informations about an account to any other email address

Very true (based on the system they have implemented) but the thing I don't understand is why you can't register two accounts to the same email address? Crazy 8~/

T

thorwyntf

Maybe to minimize the damage when somebody´s got access to the email account of somebody else? Can´t think of another reason really. And even then, it´s the responsibility of the guy who´s owning the email account to take care of it.

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Xmi
Very true (based on the system they have implemented) but the thing I don't understand is why you can't register two accounts to the same email address? Crazy 8~/

You can, both mine are on the same email

Z

zlair

Maybe to minimize the damage when somebody´s got access to the email account of somebody else? Can´t think of another reason really. And even then, it´s the responsibility of the guy who´s owning the email account to take care of it.

yea, riiight...

if only they TOLD US we should have updated our email!!!

I rly see no need to update emails when its not being used. The payment term is (was) equal on both accounts, so when i got notification by email on one account, i knew i had to update on both accounts. no rly need to change the old email, afaik!

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by zlair

* and my email telling them the emain on that account is old and cannot be used, and therefore have to send to the email i give them.

not the first time i see someone confuse emain with email ;)

R

redfern

Well guys - My friend have the same problem. At his registration he must have mispelled his email. He also sent all old passwords, loginn's - he even sent char names and cd keys - still no reply.
Fact is that GOA screwed up here - if they cant see that only he can hold these informations, plus the fact that the mail they try to send to most likely does'nt exist, they're too lame.

T

thorwyntf

if only they TOLD US we should have updated our email

hell.. I died! They should have TOLD ME to breathe, fucking retards!

L

lac_desariel

You ask if other have same problem.. i do with both my accounts and because of that i can no longer access my own personal details on the home web page or play for 3 weeks now...

I see alot of people babbling BS about those with out asking the same things over and over.. well i guess you got your PW already just imagine if you didnt and i bet you would be asking questions too.

And one on the personal details i belive under the Data prtection act im entiteled to veiw my own personal details when ever i wish thus would solve this issue...

To those with out PW so far GL guys Ive tried stinking emails now because imo they have proven to be unprofesional

T

thorwyntf

I was unable to play for almost 3 weeks because the first pw I received from goa didn´t work, go figure.

My input to this thread was as constructive as it can be and I really feel sorry for you, wish you guys good luck and think that goa isn´t handling all this in a professional way.

However, the sentence "they should have told us to update our email account" is pretty ridiculous because that´s a nobrainer. You can´t blame goa and accuse them for bad customer support, let your email address go invalid and then blame goa some more for not telling you to keep it alive. It´s definitely NOT goa´s fault when people are cutting off the only way to communicate with and receive personal informations from them.

Z

zlair

However, the sentence "they should have told us to update our email account" is pretty ridiculous because that´s a nobrainer. You can´t blame goa and accuse them for bad customer support, let your email address go invalid and then blame goa some more for not telling you to keep it alive. It´s definitely NOT goa´s fault when people are cutting off the only way to communicate with and receive personal informations from them.

i think ur missing the point here...

lets say i have 2 homes and 2 different jobs. i give 1 employer my 1st home address and a 2nd employer the 2nd home address (dont ask why, i just do). they send mail / paychecks to both homes, no problem here. then 1st employers system breaks down and he donno my home adress no more, so therefore cant send paychecks. i contact him stating who i am, where i lived and plz send paychecks to 2nd home adress.

do u think he would stop sending paychecks to the 2nd home, now that i HELPED him to get in contact with me ? no, i wouldnt either...

GOA however dont give shit. i contacted them, giving all the informations they needed in order to see its ME owning that account. I cant rly see how hard it is. ohh, and cant they check whos paying for the account ? well, lol, i dont think they care, cuz i just noticed on this account they changed my subscription to automatical renewal, and I wouldnt be surpriced they did that too on the account i cannot access.

T

thorwyntf

Nope, in fact, it´s you who´s missing the point here.

I agree with that you´ve given them enough information so they *should* be able to solve the problem, no doubt. However, I quote you again:

if only they TOLD US we should have updated our email

You´re complaining that goa didn´t tell you to keep your contact address intact. And again, that´s something you can´t blame goa for. When you´re moving your 2nd home, it´s your responsibility to keep your employee informed so he can still reach you and pay your paychecks. You can´t just move and then complain that you didn´t receive anything because your employee didn´t tell you to tell him when you´re moving. Hope you see my point.

But it´s all academical. As I said, I agree that goa has not handeled this entire thing especially "professional". I hope to see you guys back ingame as soon as possible and I REALLY hope that goa will start to work properly again and sort all this junk out.

H

Hrogar

I think I'm in the same boat, but I don't even get replies to my e-mail. And I only have one account, so I can't play at all. I must be on their hate-list or something :p
Seriously, it's our responsibility to update the e-mailadresses, yes. But it's their responsibility to give us solutions to our problems and a working customer support. Now sitting here 3 weeks after the crash and not hearing a word from them after contacting them twice isn't what I would call customer support.
Ah, maybe this is why we're still waiting. Because we came on BW and expressed our opinion. Well well, so be it...

Hope it works out for the rest of you guys!

Z

zlair

When you´re moving your 2nd home, it´s your responsibility to keep your employee informed so he can still reach you and pay your paychecks.

yes, true. If _I_ move... not if _THEIR_ system breaks down, as stated in my example...

:(

C

censi

The gods are just and of our own pleasent vices, make instruments to plague us.

You wont quit anyway meduza, your too addicted. So your going to need to get yourself another buffbott. And I think this time you will set the Email up correctly. (do agree though its a fooking disgrace the setup they got at the moment)

Z

zlair

Originally posted by censi
The gods are just and of our own pleasent vices, make instruments to plague us.

You wont quit anyway meduza, your too addicted. So your going to need to get yourself another buffbott. And I think this time you will set the Email up correctly. (do agree though its a fooking disgrace the setup they got at the moment)

:p

ur wrong, tho, censi. havent been rvring for 2-3 weeks now, and tbh i dont rly miss it. been crafting alc just to spend some cash and time, but when thats maxed, ill spend some time on necro. when necro done (and sub period hasent ended) ill farm cash to maybe increase market value of account (if u know where im getting at ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread