Why arn't there more BG's?

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
seriously why aren't there a few higher lvl BG's?

I mean how hard can it be to add the extra areas??

ok they may not want you hitting RR3 before you hit RVR but I think that this would help level things out abit rather than the painful hammering you get at the hands of the higher RR's until you can start to defend yourself and attack properly...

can anyone think of a reason why we shouldn't have a few more BG's??

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
You add in the lvl45-50 based BGs and you'd actually kill full RvR. The game would become Unreal Tournament with item hunting between deathmatches.

However, I think Mythic were a little lazy with the BGs and that they should have wildly different settings and layouts to get people's interest.

I think BG2+ should have guard towers at the bridges and stuff like that so that the BGs get more complex as you level up... matching your (hopefully) increasing knowledge of your character and how to work in teams.

Guard towers with a single door which can be opened from the inside by a stealther sneaking in, or by using siege weapons would be a great addition.

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
actually that's not a bad idea at all..

ok so the RVR is getting a big overhaul Mini wish list peeps

what do you wanna see changed in BG's?? (and as funny as it would be a 90 foot wall surrounding the Hib and Alb portal keeps with ramps going up to the top for us to spit on them from perhaps not ;) )

personally in the BG's I would like to see some more defensive positions at the earlier BG's that you can retreat rather than making the massive run to the PK or hiding in the rather flimsy woods..

and maybe putting a few water based aggro'd mobs in the moat surrounding the CK which would help to stop the under the bridge hiding that goes on, you can still cut across the water but you won't be able to sit and hide under the bridge, the Mobs move around the CK so they aren't always in the same place. they don't even need to be a higher lvl just high enough that you have to defend yourself pointing out to every one just where you are hiding..

thats my 2 pence... :D

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Why would you want more BG's? They aer teh s00k imo.
Wait for frontiers and stfu :D

Cyfr

Banned
BG are the win, or they used to be.. apart from now people use buffbots there too :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Would love to see some variety in the BG's. Good idea with watchtowers, maybe they could be implemnted since they will be in the new Frontiers expansion (and will actually have some sort of function).

I think the main reason noone ever uses bg2, and hardly bg3 for that matter is that they are all exactly alike apart from how the ck looks and faces. More variety would get more people to spend time there.

In my oppinion, keep bg0 at the "difficulty" it is now. Bg1 could use some more "fluff" like for example towers. Then add increasing complexity in bg's as they increase in level - with stuff added from the upcoming Frontiers; there are loads of stuff there that would fit just as well in the bg's, like one-way terrain, swamps, ruins, dense forest etc.
On top of this add a 4th bg for level 36-40 with a cap of rr2L9.

Lets just hope Mythic gives the bg's some attention as well when they work on Frontiers.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is at 2L9 that's a fairly high RR. I am thinking certainly in the case of tanks and their cheap RAs would dominate thoroughly. Bear in mind that at 2L9 no casters have MoC, and the classes with the big nasty class specific RAs (BoF, GP etc) in the main don't have to spec for much else so these will be up too. Personally I'd say a 2L9 BG would be would be a waste of time for caster groups and therefore Hibs prolly wouldn't bother. But then as Hibs don't bother much with the BGs in the first place it would be just Hib as a realm with RR1 and 2 chars in any groups in full RvR.

Just my 2 pence...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Very true Deepfat, didnt think about the fact that it might be biased towards tankgroups. But on the other hand Frontiers will make an overhaul of the Realmrank system and Realmabilities as well, so maybe we will see a balancing of abilities that could both allow a higher level bg *and* adress some of the problems in "real" rvr :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just level to 50 and come to emain you lazy bums :touch:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or level to 50 and stay out of emain all together....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom