why are you grping as a stealther?

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
is it why you can't solo alone cause you think you do it bad in soloing?

or is it incredible fun to gang bang soloers that comes over you?

why do you grp and zerg?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Some people like playing with friends.

If I played a stealther solo, I'd be bored off my tree. Grouping is fun :)

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Fahdlan said:

why do you grp and zerg?

i allways solo :) cant see the fun in 3-4 stealthers together, ganking soloer's. that require no work and no skills :>

Vladamir

FH is my second home
eggy said:
Some people like playing with friends.

If I played a stealther solo, I'd be bored off my tree. Grouping is fun :)

Soloing is more convenient for me, i like being able to afk as and when i like. Grouping requires fuck all skill these days. Theres no challenge involved vs soloers, only time it's fun is vs 3 or 4's, whether visible or not.

More satisfying solo too imo, i don't see the fun in just zerging everything.

Edit: In some circumstances i may group with another stealther, but thats only a close group of people who's playstyle im familiar with and know i can work well with ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Because they have friends?

Becuase they pay their subs?

Because they play the same style as the enemy does to them?

Because they see fg's ganking soloers as a direct comparison to stealthing grps ganking soloers?

Because they want to?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
more or less always solo but if a guildy or a good friend asks me specifically I oblige because it can be fun, and Duo isnt a zerg...

and to pick up on Vlads point, its good to be able to solo whenever you like, without having to rely on others to get rps or even have fun.

Septina

Part of the furniture
*Gets some popcorn and awaits certain people to come in and start spouting 'LOLOL I GROUP IF I WANT AND I DONT CARE IF YOUR SOLO AND WILL ADD ON YOU ALL........................... ----==== TEAMZERG FTW ===--- REMEMBER THE NAME MESS WITH THE BEST BLABLABLA*

=)

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
*Gets some popcorn and awaits certain people to come in and start spouting 'LOLOL I GROUP IF I WANT AND I DONT CARE IF YOUR SOLO AND WILL ADD ON YOU ALL........................... ----==== TEAMZERG FTW ===--- REMEMBER THE NAME MESS WITH THE BEST BLABLABLA*

=)

what a great potential post omg :p

he dont even let u taste the posts so the whine etc to be happen he just spoil all the fun like,he tell u whats gonna happen in a movie that he saw when ur watching it on cinema xDDD

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:

=)
Who are on on about then?

<crawls back into his cave>

Mucho cooler \o\

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
what a great potential post omg :p

he dont even let u taste the posts so the whine etc to be happen he just spoil all the fun like,he tell u whats gonna happen in a movie that he saw when ur watching it on cinema xDDD

lmfao.

wtf are u on?

/just thought your post sounded 'unusual'

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pikeh said:
more or less always solo but if a guildy or a good friend asks me specifically I oblige because it can be fun, and Duo isnt a zerg...

and to pick up on Vlads point, its good to be able to solo whenever you like, without having to rely on others to get rps or even have fun.

Duo = zerg in my eyes. Double your numbers, makes it interesting if it's two lower RR's, but when you get people like TEAMZERG FTW!!111 it just gets silly :eek:

kivik

Part of the furniture
pikeh said:
and Duo isnt a zerg...

2v1 = 4v2 = 8v4 = 16v8 = 32v16 = 64v32 = 128v64 ...Indeed a big zerg! Agree with me or I won't give you more buffies! :mad:

Grouping, fine by all means but give soloers a chance? Tell your friends to step aside when you meet a soloer and have a nice 1v1? :mad:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Visible classes have abilities designed to support each other, stealthers don't with a couple of exceptions. Grouping stealthers takes a lot less skill than grouping a visual char or soloing a stealther, I don't see how anyone can enjoy it but some obviously do.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
You know 99.9% of stealthers that group up aint doing it to piss you off
It's because they enjoy talking shite in /g with friends whilst playing a game

Even better, like petwick and I do, you can have a long running joke to see how many deathspams he can steal from me after letting me get the opponent to 1% hits by myself ;)

If I didnt have peeps like pet, don, aet, phant and bo etc to grp with from time to time I would have quit this game ages ago

watch this
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail141.html
have a laugh
and it will all be ok

kivik

Part of the furniture
Aiteal said:
It's because they enjoy talking shite in /g with friends whilst playing a game

Hello? /gu, /cg, /bg? Oh wait it's not piss people off or for the arpees, right, I forgot!!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Because they are useless as individuals.

Kind of a blanket statement that I can't agree with tbh

Sometimes its nice to play with another stealther, esp an archer/assassin duo
It opens up more opportunities for playstyle than playing solo does

I get more fun and challenge grouping with Petwick and his mezz poision and taking out groups of 3 or 4 visables than I do RA dumping against an assassin in a 1 on 1 or not having to RA dump at all against another archer.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
trycorn said:
<3 strong bad, never fails to entertain xD

hehe yeah
I'm a bit drunk atm (too drunk for daoc)
so I'm showing all the old emails to a one eyed friend and his wife
I think he had 2 eyes when we starting drinking, but double vision only has one cure ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
When my inf is done I'll most likely be in a duo quite alot as I enjoy playing with friends, though if it's an enemy I respect and vice versa we'll probably stay away so it can be a 1 on 1.

I will be solo as well though, but would never go as more than a duo as a stealther.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
what coldbeard said, and what kiwik said, and you kinag,
I like that.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
kivik said:
Hello? /gu, /cg, /bg? Oh wait it's not piss people off or for the arpees, right, I forgot!!

It's not to piss people off
nor is it for rps

If it was for rps, I would have rolled a caster

I duo, I solo, at sieges and iRvR I've played in groups of upto 4 stealthers

an integer in a database field that records my rps has no bearing or significance in my life
and I dont get my kicks from pissing people off in a game

so it's not about the rps or grief factor sorry

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Aye, I can understand the need of countering the massive amount of small groups running around.:rolleyes:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
lol..that people even discuss and try to force people how to play a certain character is beyond my understanding tbh. It can be an endless amount of reasons and frankly nothing that anyone have anything to do with. people can whine and debate but in the end everyone have the choise to do what they want without anything anyone can do about it.
A bit tired of hearing the same predictable synical response: OH easy rps! Oh you just wanna piss people of and ruin everyones fun( sulk sulk...sob sob).
the few times i group up i do it to enjoy a good fun with my friends and if we do get some rps thats terrific. And im sure many more do it for that reason. is there another reason that would satisfie you synical sulky people better? or are they just not alowed to have fun and play it differently?
over and out...

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Group is what? does stealthers have that as an option? :wanker:

Lazy ppl solo, just becouse they cba to stick to another person or stay at the comp for 20min straight... Like myself.

And annoying to have to ask "Where r u now" every 5secs..

Light

Loyal Freddie
can understand it at low rr - but so many muppets rr8/9++ still group all the time (not just occasionally) and go around ganking solers (no matter what rr) continually .. yeh that must be lots of fun.

my own opinion, they just suck and can't kill shit without a bum buddy

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Fahdlan said:

why do you grp and zerg?

Surprise, some people have friends and if both play the game, they like to play together. At least to me that sounds like a good reason. They could also be sick of the enemy stealthzerg and therefore duo to stand a chance. I don't know where you got killed, but if you stood at some bridge looking for uber fights and got duo'd down, tough luck. If I wanted to duo/trio to counter a stealthzerg, I'd most likely kill everything that moves on a bridge cause it's the place where adding happens most of the time.

There are quite an amount of exceptions ofc, which I would not kill like that (Illu, Fraqz, Xry...), but if somebody else does, I won't wet my eyes.

Soloing is a decision you make, which can be tough at times, yes. Then again I guess you talk about your stealth chars, so at least you have the advantage of hiding a bit. Want me to tell you what my solo druid/bard/valk/heretic days look (or looked in the bard/druid case) like?

There is a fine nuance between group and zerg and maybe you'll find that out one day or another.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Aye, I can understand the need of countering the massive amount of small groups running around.:rolleyes:

You know something?
You take this all way too seriously

We've met in daoc twice
First time I beat you in melee and gave you a bow/hug, and 5 mins later I gave you a /hug from stealth and unstealthed for a fight, despite being able to stick a few arrows in your back beforehand to make the fight easier for me

When you won, you /ruded me

It's just a fucking game, how about allowing others to play the way they want to, or express an opionion without feeling the need to flame?

Just a suggestion.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Why do you kill stealther of lower RR than yourself ?

Fahdlan said:

why do you grp and zerg?

Is it because you can't kill qually strong oponents ? Or is it incredible fun to just gank people who dont have the same powers as you ? Why do you gank low rr stealthers ?

Same questions, placed in the same manner. Basically if you are against stealther groups you really should be against stealthers beating on lower rr stealthers that hasnt attacked them.

For low rr stealthers grouping is a way of equalling out the doubled up powers that higher rr players have.

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom