why are we addicted?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Interesting and all points I have pondered myself.
I love the bot idea ,how cool for you char to carry without you, it could be set up to play like you do, kill-steal,lag cast, zerg etc.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
I love the bot idea ,how cool for you char to carry without you, it could be set up to play like you do, kill-steal,lag cast, zerg etc.
I don't know about you but I actually want to play, that's why I do it :p

What's the fun in starting to play when your char has reached rr12? It's the way there and the feeling that I've earned it that makes me going.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
great stuff :O
planning on doing research into this as my 3rd year project for my degree. could be interesting for someone so hopelessly addicted to games ;)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
because we love the game , it's grabed hold of our dangely bits... and we enjoy it :eek7:

Job

I mean as he suggested, your player never logs off, you just take manual control when you can, and the character learns your style, you could set him to run round and give things like buffs or heals when you were logged off.
you could set him to accept requests for help ..anything, it's a great idea.

Nice and handy for all and would give a much better atmosphere to the game (ok lag), imagine logging on and not knowing what he'd been up to or where he was (or she duh).

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I like the idea as Job, if the game was a bot supported game with it build in, almost like SWG, sorta...

SWG have such an advanced /macro system, that if you spend enough time making the macro, you can press it, go afk 30 minuts, come back, press it again and make money while doing it :)

Imagine if a game had the feature for stuff to do while you was logged out, like all characters created had their own house as the first thing, and when you logged out, you character started moving there to the house, then it would go around the house like a npc, but you could "program" it to do surden tasks, like go to ME once every 30 minuts, check for Price on item Y and buy it if price is below X.

No CM would be needed through, the ME would just point you to the owners house or the owner of the item, if he was only, he would have a "For Sale" menu where he could put items he wanted to get rid of for sale!

I mean, it could work, and ofc like Zebolt say, RR12 without working is no fun, so let the stuff you are able to do be limited! so things like farming money and rp's and such shouldnt be possible, while checking stuff out, selling stuff, etc, should be doable

if you was a crafter, you could not advance while afk, but you could take aorders and do the orders (without chance to increase in skill) while afk, which I think could be pretty fun? ofc, that required you to first flag yourself as aviable for orders and given standard prices ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
By a DAoC vendor after the release of off-game macroing:

Blaldur: That guy seems a bit odd...
Glulgor: Who?
Hubert: I'm looking for a sword.
Hubert: Not in yet?
Hubert: Ok.
Blaldur: That guy.
Glulgor: Yeah he's been at it for a while.
Glulgor: I heard the guy elft for a vacation two weeks ago and set his character to...
Glulgor: ...go ask if a sword is for sale. Evidently he set the pricerange to 1 copper...so the char is stuck.
Blaldur: I have an idea *grin* brb
Glulgor okkie.

*a bit late*

Glulgor: Nasty...just....nasty....
Blaldur: Well i'm not using my bot anyway *laughs*
GULBOT: I've got one. But it goes in the bum.
GULBOT: Almost there....wait....there! All done!

*waddles off*

Job

I've just realised Toht left years ago, this is his bot we're reading.

It's a basic script
Bot reads post....searches Chinese lunatic asylum inmate ramblings..converts to English using Babelfish..posts result.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The name regognised and is here to opinion that is not a robot.

[#addsmiley]

Error in line

Job

RUN: First sensible thing he's said.
GOTO:1
GOSUB: :)
STOP:

Aeva

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
Glulgor: Nasty...just....nasty....
Blaldur: Well i'm not using my bot anyway *laughs*
GULBOT: I've got one. But it goes in the bum.
GULBOT: Almost there....wait....there! All done!

lol

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Nice read, very well put. There a few points I would have problems with, but saying that, there not major points. The bit about having your character carry on without you is very similare to the EVE engine, where your character carries on advancing skills even when your not online.

Although, saying that, EVE is pretty much a mining simulator unless your a pirate (bitchy comment of the day).

Nice to see someone taking an objective view without turning into either a A) Computer games are the best thing EVER (the school kid opinion) or B) Computer games are the root of all evil! (Anal retentive sheep shagging politicaly correct view).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom