Who's The Fastest

O

old.Wicoa

I have been puzzled for sometime.

I am interested to find out who the fastest class in the game is. Is it Bard/Skald/Minstrel.

I myself am on Prydwen most of the time so could we possibly see a race from a milegate to say a tree near a pk or somin. And then maybe some 1v1 battles.

O

old.LandShark

they all get a 104% speed increase at spec43 in Battlesongs/instruments/music
so, they're all the same, since the base running speed is unmodified by any stats or race.

O

old.linnet

Bards

The bard would be fastest, because he can twist speed with endurance and sprint with speed 5 running for longer than the others could.

Lin

O

old.chesnor

Re: Bards

Originally posted by old.linnet
The bard would be fastest, because he can twist speed with endurance and sprint with speed 5 running for longer than the others could.
Lin

Derrr, they all run @ 104%

This means they all run at precisely the same speed. The Bard with end regen can't run any faster, just for longer periods.

O

old.moriath

erm surly its more than 104% cause thats only 4% more than base which is 100% ..

I thiought it was more like 144%

ie 44% faster than normal

O

old.chesnor

Well, its 104% faster again. So basically just over 2 times faster than all the losers without a run buff :p

E

Eblessair

Re: Re: Bards

Originally posted by old.chesnor

Derrr, they all run @ 104%

This means they all run at precisely the same speed. The Bard with end regen can't run any faster, just for longer periods.

yes they can
as they said, twist with speed/end
lets you sprint longer with speed

O

old.chesnor

Re: Re: Re: Bards

Originally posted by Eblessair

yes they can
as they said, twist with speed/end
lets you sprint longer with speed

No they can't.

(Skald + Sprint) = (Bard + Sprint) = (Minstrel + Sprint)

All exactly the same speed.

The bard can run at exactly the same speed as the others, but for longer....not NOT faster :p

K

klavrynd

OVER TIME, when a bard twists endurance and speed , when all music classes use the highest available speed chant , he runs faster then the other two.

But i'm pretty sure wic just wanted to know if those chants had an equal % of speed gain.

O

old.chesnor

THEY ALL RUN AT THE SAME SPEED FFS !!!!

Why can't you understand it, its is simple..

Sheesh !

O

old.Toirdhealbhach

Ooh, this is getting very interesting. To bring in my worthy contribution to this exciting thread, let me formulate a lemma:

It is likely that for 73% of time, bards can run faster than any other speed class.

Like it or Like it Not!

Edit: Landshark, you're not statistically significant :)

O

old.LandShark

Even with 44nuture 44music bard can't permasprint/speedsong
so, for once, i'm with chesor :p bard can't go any faster, and that was the nature of the question.

edit: if 70% of the time they can be faster than me, why the hell do i never have any difficulty at all catching them? You'd think more would do it if they could go faster than me 70% of the time

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Even with 44nuture 44music bard can't permasprint/speedsong
so, for once, i'm with chesor :p bard can't go any faster, and that was the nature of the question.

/em falls off his chair :)

O

old.Wicoa

Oh dear didnt want to start an arguement.

But since this is getting good. Is it possible for a troll skald (who by himself is a slow person anyway) to run the same speed as a human speedster be he briton, celt or viking. Or will the human edge away faster? (Tho if Luris or Kobolds could have it they would waste all of us <I think>).

O

old.chesnor

All classes/races run at exactly same speed when not buffed. Its just because the troll model is so big that it appears you are running really slowly (probably because of the slower animation, i.e. 1 troll step = about 5 Luri steps)

I used to rofl when my Luri Champ was grouped with a Bard. His running animation was a sight to behold..

O

old.Toirdhealbhach

Wicoa,
I think it's safe to assume a troll skald will be the fastest in most cases, seeing that it's very hard to get hold of coconuts in Midgard, whereas inhabitants of more southern lands might well be carrying some and thus travel slightly laden.

D

Damon_D

Aye and they run significant faster, when they dont have any chickens down there pants

O

old.Wicoa

<suddenly sees the twitch of a light buld above his head>

A

Armolas

Bard shouldn't twist, it is an awful practice which leads to RSI - I have never ever seen a bard twisting speed and end for faster run times.

What _is_ the fastest though is a group with 2 bards, one with speed 5 and one with end 5 - a group like this makes emain worth getting to as it means we don't take much longer than albs/mids to get there.

A single bard/ skald/ minstrel will all run at the same speed.

T

Tank Init

at the moment instruments are geen to a lvl 50 player therefor you cannot twist songs the pulse is to short but in the up comming patches you will be able to get player made instruments that con yellow at 50 makeing it posible for a bard to twist end and speed which will make him the fastest as then the bard will be able to premently sprint on top of speed 5

X

Xtro

arguing over which character in a pc game runs faster...

lol bless em :)

O

old.LandShark

alienate - frgive me for not typing out the l33tness ;) - i have no difficulty twisting songs on 2 different instruments. I guess if you made a practise of it each time you ran anywhere, then yes, it could be a pain in the arse. But as for the lvl35 instruments causing songs to fade too quickly.... nah, rubbish. Song cancels if you change instrument, so just have your inv panel open, swap instruments, start new song. I find i can wait a good 5secs before having to start the new song, in order to twist em both.
You want RSI, twist power AND run AND heal, not that heal does anything. The only purpose of this would be to annoy the crap out of your group with constant music sounds :p

K

klavrynd

Why would you have your inventory panel open and swop items? you can have two instruments readied and you need lute for speed and drum for end.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Ok raise your hands, who here spends more time argueing over these sorts of things than playing the game...

D

deadparrot

OK the maximum speed is 104% INCREASE, bards may be able to sprint for longer but the MAX speed is still the same in all 3.

:rolleyes: =3=

O

old.Iunliten

!

In fact all classes in the game have the same speed as the char don't actually moves, it is just you who thinks he moves because you see some polygons drawn in a virtual enviroment (sp) but no real speed is made except from the 1 and 0 switching.

1 and 0 which is also just a fiction of imagination to describe different energy status of atoms.

So the answer must be All classes are equally fast. Twisting or no twisting.

End of story.

F

Flimgoblin

All classes stand still at the same speed..

just the world moves faster for skalds, bards and minstrels.

:)

B

Brannor McThife

<comforts Chesnor for trying to explain logic to the confused.>

;)

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom