Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't exactly work like that but yeh its much better to go thru a third party

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
O2 for customer service.

Oh how you make me laugh Freddies, oh how.

O2's customer service is fucking appalling. Only 3 are worse in that regard.
Perspective is a wonderful thing.

To date I've never had any issues with Three's customer service, the only thing that's annoying is they can be difficult to understand because they're clearly outsourced abroad.

To date I've never had any issues with O2 retentions but their regular customer service was frankly hit and miss.

When I've been with Three for a full year again I'll be ringing them up and telling them I want to leave, at which point they'll likely bang on a hefty discount as they've always done in the past which will suit me fine.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Orange were totally dependant on who you spoke too, a technical guy called me back 5 times to run tests on my mobile internet. He really knew his shit and he fixed the issue as best he could. Then I hade the whole being billed for emails issue because someone gave me a blackberry contract that that was a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

EE I have called twice and they have been fucking useless. At works on Orange I have 2 bars at gsm level, or I hit the Orange - TMobile (T Mobile tower) and I get full bars at HSDPA speeds. So when they became one network I assumed I would hit the obviously closer T Mobile tower and have full signal all the time. After 90 minutes trying to explain this on the phone where they "did not understand my problem". So I am off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My contract with Vodafone expired a couple of weeks ago, I'm paying about £45-50 for 5 gig of data and an Xperia Z2, which I like. So I thought I'd get one of those SIM-only deals and save 25 quid a month. Trouble is, Vodafone no longer offer Eurotraveller, which lets you take your UK allowance abroad for a few quid a day. The cutoff date just happened to be the day my contract expired, which sucks. I travel abroad regularly so it's essential I have data roaming, and I can't be arsed messing around booking tokens or whatever, so Eurotraveller was great. And they won't let you roam data on the 30-day SIM-only things, which also sucks. So it looks like I'll have to either get a new phone+contract (unlikely since the Z2 is fine and I just put a new battery in it), or a 12-month SIM-only contract, which contains a few gig of data roaming.

Just ranting really. Vodafone is still the best deal for me, but it's fucking annoying how complicated these companies make things. And despite me repeatedly asking them not to contact me, they still send me texts asking how they did with their most recent contact. Cunts. And the online chat thing is worthless too since it's obvious you're talking to Sanjeet in India, not Carl in Stoke. The language barrier is always a nuisance so I just closed the window.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Three do free usage in many forgein countries as standard. Works for me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My contract with Vodafone expired a couple of weeks ago, I'm paying about £45-50 for 5 gig of data and an Xperia Z2, which I like. So I thought I'd get one of those SIM-only deals and save 25 quid a month. Trouble is, Vodafone no longer offer Eurotraveller, which lets you take your UK allowance abroad for a few quid a day. The cutoff date just happened to be the day my contract expired, which sucks. I travel abroad regularly so it's essential I have data roaming, and I can't be arsed messing around booking tokens or whatever, so Eurotraveller was great. And they won't let you roam data on the 30-day SIM-only things, which also sucks. So it looks like I'll have to either get a new phone+contract (unlikely since the Z2 is fine and I just put a new battery in it), or a 12-month SIM-only contract, which contains a few gig of data roaming.

Just ranting really. Vodafone is still the best deal for me, but it's fucking annoying how complicated these companies make things. And despite me repeatedly asking them not to contact me, they still send me texts asking how they did with their most recent contact. Cunts. And the online chat thing is worthless too since it's obvious you're talking to Sanjeet in India, not Carl in Stoke. The language barrier is always a nuisance so I just closed the window.

They've got rid of Eurotraveller because as of about two weeks ago, it was redundant. Phase two of the EU data roaming rules came in which means the operator can only charge you a max of 5c (Euros) more than they're charging per meg in your home country. And from next June (2017) even that goes and it will be domestic prices. Of course you'll have all voted to Brexit by then and will be getting anally raped by the operators sans lube (because sans won't be allowed under little England regulations).

Roaming Tariffs - Digital Single Market - European Commission

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I use Three (switched from Vodafone a few years ago) and it is easily the best operator. I was paying £41 a month which came with unlimited data usage and 4G, 2 GB hotspot usage, unlimited texts and 200 minutes (enough for me) along with a Htc One M8. Now that contract is finished I've switched it for a sim only deal that gives me the same things except I get 30 GB hotspot now instead of 2 GB for £23 a month and I think it's free to use in other EU countries (you use your plan minutes, data, texts etc). I have no plans to upgrade my phone until it breaks or a phone that is worthy of being called an upgrade comes out.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I use giffgaff and they suit me, but I hate EE because they annoyed the fuck out of me but it'll be a personal choice.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Of course you'll have all voted to Brexit by then and will be getting anally raped by the operators sans lube (because sans won't be allowed under little England regulations).
Good job I never holiday in the EU but prefer to go further afield it won't affect me when I vote to tell EU to fuckoff. Sorry, just wanted to respond to your EU referendum post.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Been with Three for years now, never had an issue and their ability to use abroad (not everywhere) at no extra cost is awesome.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again, I'd rather be a living head forced to spend eternity inside the anus of an elephant than ever go with Vodafone again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got vodafone for a work phone and its usually pants in the city but i dont have a choice.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good job I never holiday in the EU but prefer to go further afield it won't affect me when I vote to tell EU to fuckoff. Sorry, just wanted to respond to your EU referendum post.

If Swiss and Norwegian domestic tariffs are anything to go by, I'm sure the operators will be happy to get you to assume the position from the comfort of your own home.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If Swiss and Norwegian domestic tariffs are anything to go by, I'm sure the operators will be happy to get you to assume the position from the comfort of your own home.

They are bad examples and they are generally expensive for stuff any way.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But Switzerland in particular is your bright sunny future! What? You think things are going to get cheaper?
Pffft. The imposition of trade tariffs brings prices down. Everybody knows that.

It's why I definitely didn't save a grand on my bike when I flew to the States. Buying the same in the UK would definitely have been much cheaper.

I can't wait for the same to happen to all the stuff we buy from Europe. Bring it on! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom