Who's playing hib devon?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
have a few lvl 9's on hib that i was planning to level up but i just cant find a class that seems fun enough to go through the grind with. the animist seems interesting but those stupid gt macros i have to use makes it pretty unenjoyable in the long run. not to mention the absolute pain in the neck it is to gear up in this game. even with the aurulite dropping good its still oh so boring to run the same instance over and over.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
have a few lvl 9's on hib that i was planning to level up but i just cant find a class that seems fun enough to go through the grind with. the animist seems interesting but those stupid gt macros i have to use makes it pretty unenjoyable in the long run. not to mention the absolute pain in the neck it is to gear up in this game.
The animist is probably the most fun caster in the game, with all the daftness possible stacking bombers, messing with various shrooms, etc. At risk of telling you something you know well enuff, you can easy stick the macros on you're qb and it's really no problem once you get used to it - especially if you have all 3 qbs up on your screen.

iirc I used to have GT targetted at 0, 500, 1000 and 1400 units (1500 tends to be out of range with the hills in the land etc). It's easy (iirc again) to set it up:

/macro 0 /groundset 0
/macro 500 /groundset 500

etc.

stick them all on. Will be casting up shrooms where you want as fast as any other spell in no time. Can even drop the GTs on the move and stop and cast later if someone chasing u etc.

Sorry for rant, animist is shitloads of fun!

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
The animist is probably the most fun caster in the game, with all the daftness possible stacking bombers, messing with various shrooms, etc. At risk of telling you something you know well enuff, you can easy stick the macros on you're qb and it's really no problem once you get used to it - especially if you have all 3 qbs up on your screen.

iirc I used to have GT targetted at 0, 500, 1000 and 1400 units (1500 tends to be out of range with the hills in the land etc). It's easy (iirc again) to set it up:

/macro 0 /groundset 0
/macro 500 /groundset 500

etc.

stick them all on. Will be casting up shrooms where you want as fast as any other spell in no time. Can even drop the GTs on the move and stop and cast later if someone chasing u etc.

Sorry for rant, animist is shitloads of fun!

The animist is very OP, since last time i checked it's pet's weren't affected by the normal resist/spell pierce cap?

Personally, I love my sorc far, far too much.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i have gt macros, tho my range on them isnt more then 1k. but it doesent really help a whole lot when you have to set it up again everytime you move. would be so much more enjoyable if i just could press the bloody spell and THEN chose where to put it.- now i have to set a gt, plant a shroom, move a little, set it again, plant a shroom, move a little, set it again etc etc etc.

and those f&f turrets seems to be more trouble then they are worth. they dont bother killing whatever they pull first before taking the next, no they nuke it once then pull the next mob. so i usually end up having 10 - 15 odd mobs bashing my shrooms into a stew and then going after me. so i end up spending more time planting shrooms and running away from various angry shit then killing them because my shrooms pull to many, or just plain get chain resisted, wich have happened more times during those 10 lvl's i played it then i care to remember lol :(
not to mention that they only last 2 minutes and will guaranteed all die at the worst possible moment if they do manage to survive that long.

so it may very well be shitloads of fun 20 or 30+, but right now its just freaking annoying to spend ~2 full manabars setting up the mushrooms just to see them overpull and have to run away..

owell, might give it another go later when i've cooled off a tad.

could be i'm doing it all wrong but all of the animist guides (that were also WAY outdated as they didnt take into account the number of f&f cap) i found said to set up the mushrooms at the edge of a spawn and wait for them to start killing shit. obviously thats not working :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
yeah i have gt macros, tho my range on them isnt more then 1k. but it doesent really help a whole lot when you have to set it up again everytime you move. would be so much more enjoyable if i just could press the bloody spell and THEN chose where to put it.- now i have to set a gt, plant a shroom, move a little, set it again, plant a shroom, move a little, set it again etc etc etc...
hrmm well unbuffed xping with one probably is not fun. Personally, I would go arb and just bomber stuff - which is least hassle method. You can play about setting a DD shroom up, a snare shroom, or a tangler, etc to run stuff thru in emergencies if the bombers don't kill in time.

Generally, xping I would go verd and stack the taunt shroom and all the FnF DD'er and stand myself in the stack, with the taunt shroom on aggro. Then pull stuff with the con debuff and start queuing up pbaoes for when the mobs arrive to collect all the aggro. This is with a bot to heal and buff pet tho... :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The animist is very OP, since last time i checked it's pet's weren't affected by the normal resist/spell pierce cap?

Personally, I love my sorc far, far too much.
Oh well horses for courses. After playing a 2-3 different stripes of casters ever other one seems the same, just with the abilities rearranged a bit...the animist is a bit different.

I think they nerfed the resist pierce on bombers already. Never got to abuse it while it existed, as on dyvet the pop had already dropped below that which made dragon farming plausible.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
This is with a bot to heal and buff pet tho... :(

:(

seems having a bot is paramount these days :(

even a deathsight necro is starting to be risky without buffs as a couple of resisted LT's on a high OJ usually takes my pet down fast even with the regen up. :/

/edit: and forget trying to pvp as a unbuffed necro :(

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Oh well horses for courses. After playing a 2-3 different stripes of casters ever other one seems the same, just with the abilities rearranged a bit...the animist is a bit different.

I think they nerfed the resist pierce on bombers already. Never got to abuse it while it existed, as on dyvet the pop had already dropped below that which made dragon farming plausible.

It was particularly disgusting in PvP since it allowed the bombers to break 900 a hit pre-crit...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It was particularly disgusting in PvP since it allowed the bombers to break 900 a hit pre-crit...

remember the original animist without the shroom cap in OF? god how i hated to attack a keep owned by hibs... there were litteraly 100's of shrooms infront of the keep...

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
After playing Uthgard for a while it has got me back into my old DAOC ways, i

Im goign to reinstall the full game and come back to good old HIb,

It seems that Devon is the most popular server, i have just one question though, how much a month are the subs??? in Sterling please

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've just resubscribed myself, $14.99 which at todays rate I think is around 10 pounds sterling.

I played this game years ago when only Shrouded Isles was out and have never managed to give it up, subbing back now and then over the years but never really getting to endgame and getting disheartened by lack of numbers. I recently tried WAR again on the free trial but still find something is lacking so I'm coming back to try DAoC again, starting totally afresh ready for the new cluster.

Hopefully there will be mroe like me and I can find a good grp of ppl or guild to get me going and show me how the higher lvls/arties/MLs are done cos that sorta stuff is beyond me atm :D

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
DAOC is the most fun i have had in any online game
i would resubscribe as i have around 7 lvl50s over various US servers but my desire to play mmorpgs has finally been killed due to several of the latest ones being so so
nothing will come close to old frontiers and its so good to see all the old names from then still tryinbg to get their DAOC fix
have fun on the us servers folks and please put up some videos so i can see what i'm missing:clap:
Deepfried

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Bah damn you Deep......DAMN YOU !!!!!! :twak: , c'mon and have fun with us !!!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
made level 15 on my animist today (yay me!) by finding a great fast respawn camp that i could slowly work my way in to as i leveled up in SI :)

dinged 15 and all i can find are either high orangecons or green/greys :(

anyone know of a updated leveling guide for animists? preferably in SI zones. (/edit: one that doesent start at 20 i might add)

wanna try and get this one up to molvik as fast as possible, so need lots and lots of yellow/blue camps :) oh and the mobs should probably drop stuff that sells for a decent amount aswell ;)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Im attempting to sign up now for the 14day trail but you need to enter credit card details and all i have is a maestro ZZzz.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
some of us reformed WR on Devon cluster, Hib side <White Roses> ... White Rose was taken.... currently our little grp is in the low 20s but gaining lvls fast :D

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Im installing DAoC again as i type, been away for like 1½ year, but now its
time again. Is there any EU guild out there with room for an oldtimer like me ?
Im considering playing either a dr00d again or some sort of tank. Happy hunting //Minau

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
Any guys from Eu that have guild there? ..
i have a 50 druid and looking for a guild ..

r u there merow that used to play druid in LA along with me ? not maney old members left playing tho

we play alb lancelot when mass cluster hit we going to go back to playing mid merlin not maney old LA members left playing tho

Neo

Loyal Freddie
r u there merow that used to play druid in LA along with me ? not maney old members left playing tho

we play alb lancelot when mass cluster hit we going to go back to playing mid merlin not maney old LA members left playing tho

i used to dr00d for LA years ago on Minau be4 i sold to Heste, maybe there
is room for an oldtimer amongst you ? :drink:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
some of us reformed WR on Devon cluster, Hib side <White Roses> ... White Rose was taken.... currently our little grp is in the low 20s but gaining lvls fast :D

pryd or excal WR? :)

was in the prydwen guild for about a year waaaaay back before joining Klan Nidstang :)

can't really remember any names tho, just that there were 2 insane thanes in the guild...

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Watch out for the crazy warden called Piojo on devon!

Zede

Part of the furniture
Played Alb-Prydwen for years, not enjoying WAR anymore, so have started an enchanter and druid on Devon; 'Midgetgem' and 'Healuhemaydo'

Looking for friendly guild and/or people to group up with for tree-hugging, drinking, wenching and general pillaging.

Please say hello if you see me around in the next few weeks! :clap:

what server u on m8 ?

merow

Fledgling Freddie

Y i'm that one :) i'm playing druid atm u got guild on alb etc etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom