Whos next?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
MYstIC G said:
Sorry, when was that the point?

Im just asking. The way you lot are talking it sounds like there are cities in the UK that are not like that.

Why single out London if others are the same?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Because London was a topic of discussion and when calling something shite you don't normally need to add a *All other xyz are equally as shite :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Birmingham is a shit hole too. Don't worry.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
One of the most dismal places I've been to is Ely. Not as bad as Ilford, but joyless.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Brixton is great, you don't seem to know London that well if you think it's a crap area.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I know Brixton very well, but that doesn't mean I have to like the area. I was there 2 weeks ago seeing a mate in Villa Rd. The area around the station is a hole. There's a few decent bars & restaurants at the west end of Coldharbour Lane. They've done a decent job by Windrush Square, and Electric Avenue and Railton Road's got some interesting places, but I don't like the area. I wouldn't want to live there, and its not somewhere I'd choose to walk around at night.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just because you don't want to live somewhere doesn't make those places 'dumps' and 'hell holes'.

In fact some of the places and huge areas that have been mentioned have a lot going for them.

leggy

Probably Scottish
That's exactly the kind of mentality the boards of GAME and HMV had. HMV had already stopped selling PC games, GAME are down to one bay, and Gamestop have dumped them as well. I would be completely unsurprised if MS bit the bullet with the 720 and went all digital, or maybe offered a cheaper version without optical media.

An all digital MS purchase platform fills my wallet with the fear. XCOM just made available at the bargain price of £50.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sainsburys told game it had chlamydia.

someone had to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's more likely game we're used as a test by Sainsbury's to determine if there was a potential market to having games in store. You are very naive if you think otherwise.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really!? Enlighten me?
It's more likely game we're used as a test by Sainsbury's to determine if there was a potential market to having games in store. You are very naive if you think otherwise.

This basically. After two years Sainsbury's wanted to massively increase their commission, making it uneconomic for GAME. It was always a bit of a weird deal anyway; every other third party deal GAME did in retail was GAME branded (e.g. Debenhams concessions etc.) but with Sainsbury's it was basically a wholesale deal with added merchandising, no visible GAME branding at all. The end result was pretty inevitable tbh.

Gray

FH is my second home
Supposedly HMV Twitter guy is posting up a lot of stuff! Getting deleted though.

"We're tweeting live from HR where we're all being fired! Exciting!!"
"There are over 60 of us being fired at once! Mass execution, of loyal employees who love the brand"
http://i.imgur.com/GkYGSjZ.jpg

Chilly

Balls of steel
Standard retail sob story: massively leveraged and can't stand a couple of years of poor results without going bust. Good riddance, costs us all more overall.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shit products sees shops shut shocker.

I should write for the Sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom