Who will be moveing to the PvP server?

O

oldgrim

aye, ill be there, just dont know which class yet.

It has great potential.

O

old.Revz

I won't be playing on a PvP server.

I do think it will damage the normal EU servers though. If you look at what has happend on the US PvP servers you can almost see exactly what will happen here. The hardcore RvR guilds with plenty of time to burn power-levelling and suchlike will move immediately as they've already spent plenty of time at level 50 on the normal servers and so have nothing to lose. They will rush straight to 50 on these servers and spend the time dominating heavily. A bit like Midgard did on our servers post release but to an even greater extent because they aren't contained by mere realm boundaries now :)

This will mean that the normal servers lose a fair chunk of population but a massive amount of the people who drive RvR. Things will probably settle down but in a much lower gear on Prydwen/Excal. You might think this is a good thing (getting rid of all the hardcore players that annoy many of you) but in the end those people do provide a lot of the life and movement on a server. The loss of them will be pretty bad in terms of the general server activity. It probably won't kill any server but it certainly won't help things.

Having said that by the time we do get a PvP server I suspect many people will be gagging to try something different. After all a dedicated PvP server is basically an admission by Mythic that their game doesn't provide enough to do as it currently stands.

O

old.Prof

After all a dedicated PvP server is basically an admission by Mythic that their game doesn't provide enough to do as it currently stands.

AC and EQ also have PvP servers (despite PvP being possible in AC on "regular" servers), and AC2 will be released also with a PvP server.

PvP and RvR servers simply cater for diffirent types of players who want different things, the PvP server is not an "improvement" on the RvR, it just offers a free-for-all guild-based environment instead of a zone-restricted realm-based model.

I won't be playing it (again) though.

O

old.moriath

Well I played it on andred in the US and didn't like it. If you go anywhere near a town to sell or train. Chances are you will die.

Zone to Jord or TNN and zone out ppl are there waiting to kill you. Its just not fun. Ooops dead again. Damn I have to buy my con back again. Opps dead again etc etc till you run out of money to bye your con back.

Not my Idea of fun. I much prefer going into the RvR zones and knowing that while I am exping I am not going to get ganked from behind in spind or something.

Man I have enough trouble with the mobs heehee let alone every grey ganking n00b out there trying to get you as you lvl

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Coren
No more High Counsilors, Knights etc. Instead their ranks will be Earther, Talks too much and... never mind, don't think there's any regulars with a lower status. ;)

Freaky. /em starts spamming.

Coren... you don't fail to surprise me. That's actually a grand idea... who else is up for it?;)

K

kharok

Well, after people have had their fun and vented their frustration at the PvP server, maybe they can change it into an RP serve.

So many players out there like RP and enjoy the the game all the more because of it, alas to RP on a non RP server becomes difficult for all except maybe the mighty Ayam <Bows>

O

old.Iunliten

I wanna try roleplaying on one either as a warden or fire wizzie.

S

SFXman

Naturally I will be trying it like many many others but I seriously can't see myself staying. You are going to have a lot of griefing etc... don't like that.

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by old.Iunliten
I wanna try roleplaying on one either as a warden or fire wizzie.

i want to try roleplay as a pimp :D

S

Stonebits

Does this mean I can kill those annoying beggers..... :flame:

''Hey have you got any cash''
''Oi, your puple to me, give me some cash''
''Spare any gold''

You hit Begger the Shadowblade for 156 Damage with your Darksteel axe

Begger was killed by Stonebits

:clap:

If only.....

Try yes..... Move no way...

:m00:

O

old.Pepsay

gonna make a caster then stand and aoe/pbaoe all the grey cons exping :p

W

wolvon fury

Stand there and get your ass handed to you,

I seen 4 people ganked a lev 50 Runemaster,

With the to hit mod, Don't go aorund think your Super as your high level, Pbaoe people exping, get a bolt up your ass, or maby an arrorw, Maby it has some advantage, as you can gank big ego lev 50's, and kill people who think "swearing in game makes em 'ard"

O

old.Stang

Hell no, spended alot of time to get close to 50 and 1000+ in tailoring, after i hit 50 RvR keep me busy enough for the next few months.

O

old.Mirandalia

I for one will probably return to DAoC if there will be a European PvP server, sounds like loads of fun!

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I'll give it a try, just to see if us mature, intelligent Euros can put together a grief/gank-free full PvP environment (I can but hope).

Interestingly, if you check up the boards for any of the major games in development they all seem to have a large body of people clamouring for a full PvP, item/cash loss environment. They generally push for this in the interests of 'realism' and 'role play'. The idealism is to be applauded, but I think the reality is that we'll probably get a world populated with sociopaths with low self esteem problems :uhoh:

I'm planning to play a pacifist, rejuv/enhance specced Cleric on the PvP and see what happens :) I'll probably remake my Exalibur Cleric Ormond, so look me up.

J

Jiggs

yes

and when that tank breaks mez for the umpteenth time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom