Votes: 132 56.4%
  • No! (only gh3ys choose this option) :<

Votes: 102 43.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Himse

FH is my second home
I know the zones still exist ! so give us them backz0r!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
That'd be awesome, but yeah it would never happen. (Unless it was a new server)

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
people soon forget what a pain in the arse the OF was.. running from border keep to a mile gate just to get ganked.. rinse and repeat.. ill keep NF thx.. its much easier to get back now from gettin ganked now.. :).. plus more choice in where to hunt.. you want milegates then go to the island,... you dont want them then go somewhere else.. there loads more places to hunt..

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Well, got good memories from OF, but I think that if we accually went back to it a lot of people would be disappointed.

Much like taking a fishingtrip to where you got that one big fish a long time ago, only to discover it is not biting there anymore.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing I'm missing from OF is what Glasny was saying during the porting

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
whats a gh3y?

He read leet people liked OF and wants to be one at all costs. Failed misserably tho

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
I want OF, Bots + ToA! Can go DC on mincer then and gank lowbies :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Do it on Classic server then. would be a nice idea

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
They CAN'T use OF with the current server setups. (Other than the classic server) - It would mean having to rollback to .... Another 'patch' - which alot of you would like. :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Rather have GoA strip all my characters and put them back at level 1 than having OF back.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
2 words..

milegates
warlocks

Now who REALLY wants OF back :twak:

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I'd love to see the old frontiers again, but I doubt it would work very well. OF would be way too small for the amount of people out these days, and only one way out of the portal keep? Would anyone ever be able to get past the milegates and out into the actual frontiers?

What I think would be a good suggestion would be to make Agromon a bit more "rvr friendly" as in a bit less hills (or just less radical hills), a bit fewer trees etc, afterall Agromon feels almost like a copy of emain, just super-sized.

Givf rvr around the labyrinths instead of on the island!!

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
imo the classic server should use the Old Frontiers instead of the New Frontiers.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
New Frontiers is geared towards RvR, and purely that. And because it is, it does a much better job at providing a playground for people that want to RvR than Old Frontiers ever did.

Old Frontiers were an integral part of the 'classic' lands when the game was released. It was dangerous to travel in even without realm enemies and meant to be like that for immersion purposes, most of the 40+ epic quests of daoc characters are in the Frontiers. They were designed as the last dangerous hurdles to take to reach adulthood (level 50). However for pure RvR, all these aggro mobs running around are only annoying, as were the guard patrols crossing entire zones, so they were removed.

I would really like Mythic to give us access to Old Frontiers, so I can hunt in a Snowdonia where it actually snows once in a while. However for RvR, New Frontiers is the only option.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
RoshiaPendard said:
Personally I'd love to see the old frontiers again, but I doubt it would work very well. OF would be way too small for the amount of people out these days, and only one way out of the portal keep? Would anyone ever be able to get past the milegates and out into the actual frontiers?
There have been more than there is now in OF.

I would like OF for 2 reasons.

1. The RA's. Ras on 10 min timer is fucking retarded. Just use it and it's up soon again. In OF you had to think again before you used a RA and couldn't spit it out every other fight.

2. The areas. Agramon is great, but it's only 1 zone instead of 3 active rvr zones. Comparing 1 active rvr zone with the 3 before(4 if you count brefine) is just not possible.

Anyhow, I doubt they would do it unless it's a completely new server. One can always dream though. ;)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Soloing around Beno/Bold is better now after clustering then Odin's/Hadrian's was in OF.

Would be better if they changed NF a little instead.
Put the docks between 2 keeps and not next to one. That way the enemy wouldn't know what keep you would come from and it would make people run around some more and not just 100 meters from the portalkeep.
I would also like some changes to the boat routes, etc.
Also redesign the terrain. The 3 realms are all the same map flipped around and with some minor changes.
The terrain in OF were much better and more varied.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
There have been more than there is now in OF.

I would like OF for 2 reasons.

1. The RA's. Ras on 10 min timer is fucking retarded.

yeh.... moc-bof-baod-sos whatever almost up sort of is kinda T_T

tho i dont like the "give it to all realms" concept either

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I like the RA timer the way it is now. Most RAs are less effective on lower levels, but they are up more often.
The chances are that both parts will have RAs up, making fights more equal.

At least better for soloing. Of course, once every 30 min in OF when AP2, AoF1 and IP was up, i was uber. :p
Edit: Which was stupid really. If i ran into someone without anything up, he wouldn't have a chance. Even if i have IP2 now, it isn't a sure victory as a 100% IP was. Not with all the RAs/MLs/artis available on shorter timers.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Bringing back OF would never be the same, but yes I liked OF much better than NF. Not because of milegates, but in spite of them.

Imho, OF had a brilliant basic layout/infrastructure mainly because of two things:

1: OF had the defending realm in one end of each frontier, and the invading realms in the opposite end. The way I see it, this is an essential part of realm invasion, whether we're talking about a solo invader, a group of invaders, or a full scale relic raid. It gives players a reason to travel deep into an enemy realm, and it opens up a lot of tactical opportunities (scouting, ambushing, cutting off supply routes, etc).

NF revolves around keeps (litterally). I usually roam around Boldiam, waiting for albs/hibs to do the same. It doesnt make much sense does it?

2: In OF the "home realm" was forced to travel through their own frontier. While many people think of this as a bad thing I see it as a necessary evil, because it brings life to the frontiers. There was actually a reason to travel all the way through an enemy frontier (to attack the enemy supply line).

In NF we can reach the far end of our own frontier in a split second. This gives the two enemy realms no reason to invade the "deep end" of a frontier. The supply line has been reduced to the small distance between a keep and its dock, and so this is where everyone circles around.

What OF and especially NF need, is to emphasize "patriotism". Players should be proud to defend their own frontier, not just the keeps, but the land itself. In order to achieve this you need to give each realm a reason to use their own frontier. Uppland, Forest Sauvage and Cruachan Gorge should be the hearts of each frontier. The mere presence of an enemy in these areas should be an insult to the defending realm! :)

(edit: Im only talking about the "realm invasion" part of RvR, not the "instant action" part (fg vs fg etc))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom