Who needs to upgrade their PC for TOA?

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
I do my old banger suffered long enough. look what I found in my searches.

www.savrow.com

Go look at the Plutonium. I think I read elsewhere that a top configuration runs 30% faster than an alienware top config.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like they are selling OC'ed P4's

Nothing beats a home made box :)

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
Great if you have the time and skill but off the shelf this seems very nice.
Watching RvR lag on one of those would be fun!

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Those dudes are some very expensive one's... You'll be bether off buying some monster from www.pcworld.co.uk (@ pccity) ... They sell at low price because of their 1280 in europe (buttiques?) : P Dont remember the word im lookin for here :>

Cyfr

Banned
Buy from PC world and you deserve every bad thing that happens to you and your pc.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Depends... recently, you can get Fujitsu Siemens models from PC World. For home pcs, these machine rock.

:)

kain

Fledgling Freddie
After nearly destroying my own system this week upgrading to a sweeeet p4 3.0mhz next time I'm going with a pre-built box... less stress and I get to shout at other people for screwing it up :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
bought a 3.0ghz P4 from PC world having a few problems, but problems that are because of me not being used to XP rather than the PC :p

got it nice and cheap in november and the price went up by almost £400 around 2 weeks after we bought it :D

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
If you can run SI you can run ToA, there's a full set of options to drop the ToA client back down to SI detail levels.

Twotosix

Fledgling Freddie
case.jpg

Givf!?!!!

mts

Fledgling Freddie
sweet ass case-mod ;D

i'm gonna chill 'till the next generation gfx cards arrive before i upgrade (prolly gonna be a few months).

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Twotosix said:
case.jpg

Givf!?!!!

As sad as the boy racers who drive around on a friday and saturday night showing off there shite done up cars.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
As sad as the boy racers who drive around on a friday and saturday night showing off there shite done up cars.

such anger

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:

/agree

Who the feck is gonna see the Case mod anyways?

Oh yeah, the egotistical plonker who spends 50 quid more on the case with the glowie. i.e. him/herself.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:

Bitterness detected. :(

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday I ordered a new radeon 9800pro (very cheap these days).
I also bought External tv-tuner box (don't have room for a TV) that allows me to watch TV on my monitor, full screen, or just a part of the screen (without using any recourses from the computer). As I also have 2 monitors and a radeom 9800pro I'm going to have main account on my main monitor and bot, TV, browser and MIRC on my other monitor. :D (did I mention radar? tsk tsk o_O)

Rest of it is XP2500+, 2x 512 dual ddr, 250+GB HD :D

Kinag

Part of the furniture
AMD XP2500+, 1024DDR, 128DDR GF4 and a nice hd with good spd :p

Think I will be able to run ToA quite smoothly. May have to upgrade my Graphic card though, but I don't mind that.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda like my setup except I have game cube plugged into TV tuner too so can switch it between TV/PC/GameCube, then got laptop in the middle. Main box is a Athlon 3200, 2gb RAM, SATA 250gb HDD, GeForce FX 5950 w/256mb. Laptop is a 2ghz P4 w/512mb RAM and a 64mb GeForce4 Go. Secondary box is a Athlon 1800, 512mb RAM, GeForce3 Ti500 w/64mb. Then I got a pair of servers, one Win2k3 (1.8ghz P4, 512mb, 2x100gb HDDs running mirrored on a RAID controller for secure storage and a 40gb HDD for expendable storage like OS and Apps) and one Linux (1ghz, 256mb RAM, 2x300gb HDDs) as my FTP and SQL server.

But then, I make use of it all because I do a lot of graphics and networking work, so bow down and fear the size of my virtual penis :p

Oh and er yeah, without going to off topic, ToA runs absolutely fine on both desktops and my laptop.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
Those dudes are some very expensive one's... You'll be bether off buying some monster from www.pcworld.co.uk (@ pccity) ... They sell at low price because of their 1280 in europe (buttiques?) : P Dont remember the word im lookin for here :>

PC World computers are simply rebranded Packard Bell computers. A good friend of mine is the Product Manager at Packard Bell that is responsible for the PC World computers. He determines what hardware and what specs goes into those computers. And he knows how shit and cheap they are, he would never buy one for himself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom