Who needs 3GB GDDR RAM?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
no one needs 3gb let alone 6 cause the pc is all about whats coming from the consoles ... so thats like breath easy .. then the origiinal pc games are like not pushing the boundries of 12 months ago

i think the gfx card makers and their chipset makers are just fecked atm cause there really is no need to upgrade .. the cycle has stopped and if you need a new pc in 24 months or so just spend 100 ish quid on a gfx card and your sorted

might change with the new gen consoles but i doubt it

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I wouldn't say 3gb isn't needed, as if you have a big monitor that runs at high res the mem really does make all the difference.

I'm tempted to get my self a new 27 inch monitor and gfx card, and there's only one card I'm looking at the moment and that an ati card due to them having more ram than nvidia cards.

6gb might be a bit overkill at the moment though. but you never know as people keep buying ever bigger screens, and running more than one at a time.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Frostbite 2 can use that amount easily at max res, max detail and multiscreen. 3gb will be the new 2gb in 18 months time but right now it is cutting edge.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It isn't really worth the price tag but I imagine it does make some difference on high spec games. As with any leap forward, enthusiasts first then mainstream.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wonder if it could do maxed-out games over 3 30" monitors with Eyefinity...

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Shouldn't of thought it would be a problem... but I doubt the fps would be great

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I wonder if it could do maxed-out games over 3 30" monitors with Eyefinity...

Upto 5k by 2k yes, after that even the topend GPU's start to struggle. That is a hugh amount of pixels to process and push at beyond 30fps.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, but SLI or crossfire loads the same information in to each card, so effectively you still have 2GB worth of information, not 4.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I thought SLI and Crossfire alternated horizontal lines? If so then surely two GPU's are a good thing.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I thought SLI and Crossfire alternated horizontal lines? If so then surely two GPU's are a good thing.

No, that is scan-line interleaving which is the original SLI. What we currently call SLI is infact alternate frame rendering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom